cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Can't connect/stay connected to servers
Cold
i'm getting lots of lag (50 loss, 30 choke), ok ping and good fps.
but the game freezes, and this comes up in console:

Received fragment out of order: 5/5
Received fragment out of order: 25/5
Received fragment out of order: 15/5
Received fragment out of order: 25/5
Received fragment out of order: 20/5

except this will be like 100 lines long. what is it and how the fuck do i fix it, it's really annoying me!

CenTinela
Seems ISP problem, did u tried to change ur ip?

Cold
changing within the month

FuZz
Have connectivity problems to anything other than the server? vent/ts2 maybe?
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Cold
no, just the server.

have now managed to pin the problem down to my router... specifically my router's wireless. so hopefully i will be getting a cat 5 wire soon... (or cat 6)

Tinger
wireless Giggleol: Giggleol: Giggleol:

Cold
Sickourgrapes::rip::no:

CenTinela
If is wireless problem try this:

Force Rate to 1 or 2 Mbps (depending on ur inet speed).
Force Multicast rate to same.

Force one channel (try with some different ones), I use allways 11.

When I test my wifi (dad and sister using it) i play some css and have same conditions as my cat5e.

PD: What security are u using?

Not sure that will work, but maybe could help.

sick-lizard
btw cold CAT6 cable is BS... CAT5 works fine at full duplex on GBit Lan, internal ping on my LAN is sub 1ms..

Also Cold the CSS server was re-patched yesterday & tickrate put back up to 100 so let me know if this has made it worse or better in theory it should be worse for you as the server is pushing more updates out..

Cold
well, i actually managed to connect last nite, and had no real lag problems... which was a nice change!

centi, i'll try forcing a channel, see if it helps.

sick, is the server router firmware up to date? sum1 said it could be that... i doubt it but it's worth a go.

just connected again... awesome!

but i have a shitload of choke and loss... what should i make my rates?

atm, rate 19000, cl_cmdrate 66, update 66, interp 0.03.

sick-lizard

cold wrote:

sick, is the server router firmware up to date? sum1 said it could be that... i doubt it but it's worth a go.

just connected again... awesome!

but i have a shitload of choke and loss... what should i make my rates?

atm, rate 19000, cl_cmdrate 66, update 66, interp 0.03.

The server is only using 6Mbit of 100Mbit connection there is zero loss to the router.. even if was in my control you don't touch that kind of router unless you have real good cause..

re: rates you should try to match the server rate 30000 cmdrate 100 update 100 interp 0.01 but if your connection sucks dropping rates will mask the issue in the sense you will not see the loss or choke occurring but it will be going on for example:

The server sends you 100 updates you only see 66 as thats what your rate is set so you have discarded at least 33 updates possibly more as the sucky connection loses you some more.. but your netgraph only shows you losing a couple in choke as 62 out 66 is only 4.. but 62 out of 100 is 38 which would be the actual choke value..

From this even if your connection is sucky we can say the following if you set your cmdrate & update to 100 even though the sucky connection will lose you some updates you will recieve more updates for example 80 of 100 improving your game, even if you do lose 33 or more updates your still increasing your chances of smoother game play & not limiting yourself to a 66 updates window Smile

I hope i've written this in a comprehendble fashion Smile

Cold
yep, that makes sense! cheers sick, i'll go platy in console now Grin

Jump to Forum