cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
spiral knights
Masson
well, as my summer holidays are going so bloody slow i'm getting this free game

i know tom plays, but anyone else? any tips for a noob to avoid noob mistakes?

Wink

Page
If you get to Haven (ie get past the tutorial) it auto adds all your steam friends that play, which is pretty cool. I don't play yet as such, I did it mainly to get the achievement, but the game seemed pretty good and I could definitely get into it if a group of us are playing

Exxy
Me, Undead, Squirt, Moonsin, and Brokenstyle played it one night, and I think everyone but me continued to play it Pfft
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Cpt Obvious
Tom is pretty far in it. Then i play it quite a lot, havent seen any other CI folks actively play it.

edit: TIPS:

NEVER buy weapons or armor from the vendors, only buy recipes.
Also when buying energy, use the market where you post an offer and someone buys it, if you buy it instantly you pay a bit extra.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 08-07-2011 15:41

tomregev
When deciding what equipment you get make make sure it has a worthwhile upgrade path, most of the early stuff you can buy doesn't go there. Some sets give bonus to certain weapons so pick something that goes with your playstyle.

Selling stuff in the auction house is a decent way to make money. Just make sure there is actually a demand for what you're selling, there's nothing more annoying than buying a recipe to sell and then having to sell it for a loss.

Never pay energy for a revive, the energy cost goes up every time you do. Just wait for a party member to give you some of his health.

Don't waste energy on gates and mech knights, they're not worth it and most of the time one of your party members will pay anyways. Danger rooms are sometimes worth it, but I only do it when I solo because danger rooms are usually suicide with a party.

Hold your attack button for a charge attack, this might seem trivial but the game doesn't say you can do this anywhere.

Arena's are the most profitable levels, followed by graveyards. Graveyards on the other hand are dangerous with a full party since there's an extra phantom for each player.

Kozma is the only recipe vendor who has a set inventory. She can be found in the bazaar or at the end of a Tier. The stuff she sells is decent but lacks the bonuses and variety that other equipment has. The most notable thing she sells is the Calibur recipes, the Calibur line are strong normal type swords that work well against all enemies.

Basil the recipe vendor is a fucker and the main antagonist of the game. His inventory is random every time you reach him but he has the best stuff in the game. He will never have the recipe you want. It's good to know what recipes are in high demand so even if he doesn't has what you need you can at least buy something else and sell it for profit at the auction house. Also basil have high level recipes in his inventory unless you joined at least 2 levels before reaching him.

Jump to Forum