cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
CISL - Rules / FAQ thread
Exxy
So, the rules.

SPORTSMANSHIP
As I see it, we don't really need any rules when it comes to sportsmanship and such, because I believe that everyone that is in the tournament will have good sportsmanship and such towards each other Grin

FORMAT

This tournament will be running a Single-Elimination, BO3 format, meaning that every match (apart from finals and third place) will be played over three maps (first to two maps win). The finals and third place will be played over a BO5.

We won't have ONE NIGHT for this, we will however have a weekly schedule. During that week the match MUST BE PLAYED (exceptions can be made if the reason is good enough).

Replays from all the games will be posted when the following round is over. (When the Ro4 has been played, the Ro8 replays will be posted etc).

MAP-POOL

First of all, the way the map-choosing is done:

Before every game, each player will ban two maps, one at a time (1-1-1-1). Then there will be a coin-flip to decide who gets to pick map first out of the three remaining.

After that, the loser of the first map gets to choose the second one. And if needed the remaining map will be played last as a decider.

So, the maps that will be used:

- Crevasse
- Crossfire SE
- Shakuras Plateau
- Tal'Darim Altar
- Xel'Naga Caverns
- Metalopolis
- Terminus RE

All of these shall be played on the TSL versions, which can be found by just entering "TSL" into the search field for maps while in SC2.

FAQ

Ehm.. There are none really. If you have any questions, this is the thread to post it in.

LINE-UP

The 8 confirmed players are as follows:

Accepted players;

Zerg:
Exxy
Undead2k
Spaceboy McGhee

Protoss:
Tom
Radoo
Page

Terran:
Suramsor

Random:
Leif

SCHEDULE AND BRACKETS

I am going to post the bracket and schedule tonight, and I will try and make it as fair as possible :3

Edited by Exxy on 24-05-2011 10:58

cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

spaceboy
Oooow, I like all those maps... cept maybe crossfire Grin The only other two I can think of that see a lot of competitive play are Shattered Temple and Testbug (Testbug actually not so much, but it is cool Grin).. and I guess also Typhon Peaks and Backwater Gulch, but they're not as good. In summation I'm happy with the map pool Grin

It should be fun watching all the replays of everybody Grin
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Exxy
http://challonge....

Brackets posted!

First round is as follows:

Page (P) vs. Suramsor (T)
Exxy (Z) vs. Radoo (P)
Tom (P) vs. Spaceboy McGhee (Z)
Undead2k (Z) vs. Leifalot (R)

The games are scheduled as follows. For the first round, you will have between the 27th of march, to the 5th of June to play the games! So get in contact with your opponents, and make sure you can get the game played! If something doesn't allow you to play during these dates, drop a line in here and I can grant a new deadline.

Untill then, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN Grin

ALSO! IMPORTANT!

Remember to agree on who uploads the replays and send the link to me in a personal message here on the forums so we can start posting the replays ASAP.

SECONDARY IMPORTANT INFO!

Get in contact with me for when you have set the date, so we can do the coin-flip of who gets to pick map first, and also the bans for your match so we have it all on record so everything runs as smoothly as possible Grin Thanks in advance guys Grin

Edited by Exxy on 25-05-2011 10:56

spaceboy
Ha ha, I can't help thinking something has gone wrong with the seeding, I get Tom first round! My sponsors will not be happy Grin

Undead2k
Regarding the replays; I was thinking it might be pretty cool to have a centralised place to put the replays.

We could create an account called CISL on sc2replayed.com and share the password in the private forums.

Uploading to the website is a peice of cake and displays some interesting information on the overal page for each replay.

What do you guys think! :3
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

tomregev
Something's fishy about this seeding.

Leif
Haha Pfft

Radoo
Leif is... pink.. random pink. You don't get any bonus you know? Pfft

Edited by Radoo on 27-05-2011 17:22

Radoo
When do we play? I must stay I had one fucking busy week, starting last Friday...

Anyone had any games played yet?

Exxy
I don't think so. I think the "schedule" got a bit fucked, so it's pretty much play whenever you get the time to play your game Pfft

Undead2k
I plan to pounce on Leif this weekend. I would have done it on Friday but I ended up going out to the pub for the entire day. :3

Undead2k
Oh by the way, is anyone able to stream the matches for those who don't have Starcraft 2? :3

Undead2k
Okay so my amazing idea to post all our replays to sc2replayed.net failed big time.

They haven't updated the replay upload system and its all pretty much broken.

So I am just going to go with the simple thing of uploading them here as attachments. Grin

Enjoy Pfft
Undead2k attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

spaceboy
Tom and I have played are game, here are the replays if anyone is interested Smile We had to play the third game on MLG Xel Naga as the TSL version wouldn't let Exxy spectate! Shock
spaceboy attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Edited by spaceboy on 06-06-2011 23:47

Undead2k
So hows everyone doing? Haven't heard any news regarding this little tournament for a while Sick

Page
Well I didn't have any luck getting in touch with Suramsor to play our match, I know he's been busy recently but not sure what is happening there.

Radoo
Exxy didn't try to contact me, I guess he's training extensively to beat me. Leeaving the joke aside, I didn't have much time to play anything lately.

spaceboy
I know Suramsor is busy at the moment, did speak to him about a week ago and he said he's happy to forfeit the win to Page if need be. Guess it's up to you page if you wanna keep trying to catch him online Smile

Page
Well I've been focusing all my practice as PvT (what little I have done), I think it's probably a lost cause trying to win any of the second round matches Pfft So not really sure

Jump to Forum