cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Steam Treasure Hunt begins
Raven
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/...ess-2-Hats

"Through December 20, Valve is running a fun Steam promotion that will see many users awarded with free games, and maybe even special Team Fortress 2 hats. The Great Steam Treasure Hunt gives users specific objectives and their completion awards entries into various contests, while certain games associated with the hunt are going on sale too."

"For the main treasure hunt, Valve is releasing four new objectives every 48 hours until December 20. Completing an objective will earn a Steam user an entry into a drawing to win 5 games from his/her wishlist, with 20 winners every two days. Finishing 10 total objectives by December 20 and then logging in sometime on that day will enter a user into a drawing to win 100 Steam games of their choosing, with 3 total winners.

Just to make things a little more fun, Valve has thrown in a side-promotion that gives away Team Fortress 2 hats. Completing 5 objectives unlocks a Bounty hat in the game, completing 15 unlocks a Treasure hat, and completing 28, which is every single objective, unlocks the Hat of Undeniable Wealth."
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

wolflordandy
Unfortunately you need to buy games to get half of these...

So far all I have is the avatar upload one, and can potentially get the Poker game one as well, but can't get the heavy to put up his gun in the game Sad

alecom
prize - 100 games of my choice, HERE I COME

Leif
And I had a hard time getting 10 games on mu wishlist. What should I do if I win 100?

sick-lizard

wolflordandy wrote:

So far all I have is the avatar upload one, and can potentially get the Poker game one as well, but can't get the heavy to put up his gun in the game Sad

Just keep at it, I played for about an hour to get the glasses & gun, if I wasn't so bad at poker I would have got those a lot quicker..

btw I'm a sucker for hats, most of the games in my wish list, I don't even want!

Edited by sick-lizard on 07-12-2010 17:43

Mike
2-3 million steam users on at a time for most of the day, but only 20 win every 2 days? Not worth the hassle.

wolflordandy
10 on my wish list was easy... but maybe thats cause I don't buy many games these days,

FO3, FO3:NV, COD:MW2, CODMoonO, Borderlands, Civ5, Portal 2...

some of the games I'm not even that bothered about in all honesty Pfft

With 100 games you could just be super generous and give people fancy pants xmas gifts of top games via steam Wink

Undead2k
If the guys don't put the special items on the table just reboot the game. Worked for me, only I suck at poker :X

The treasure hunt idea sounds fun though I won't be going out of my way to get the points. Overall more freebies for the lucky individuals. Smile
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

matswatz

Alternate Entry: To manually enter the Sweepstakes, each eligible entrant must print his or her name, address, city, state, country, postal code, email address, Steam account name, and telephone number, as well as the name of the Treasure Hunt objective that the entry is for, on a self-addressed 4x6 note card and mail the completed form to: Valve Corporation, P.O. Box 1688, Bellevue, WA 98009-1688. Note cards mailed in envelopes will not be accepted. No e-mailed or faxed alternate entries are eligible. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entries will be void. An alternate entry must be postmarked during the applicable Treasure Hunt period to be eligible. To be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing, an alternative entrant must have entered at least 10 Treasure Hunt objective drawings and then provide an additional alternative entry for the Grand Prize Drawing, postmarked December 20, 2010. Alternate entries received after December 31, 2010 will not be eligible for any Sweepstakes. Each user may submit one alternative entry per Treasure Hunt objective. Proof of sending or submitting an alternate entry is not proof of receipt of such alternate entry. And no, alternate entries won't earn you any TF2 hats.

lol

tomregev

wolflordandy wrote:

Learn the players-
Hevay bluffs a lot and will almost always match your raises.
Tycho is a pussy so if he's betting he got something good.
Strongbad is "average", also he tends to burn himself out pretty fast.
Max is pretty much random, and the hardest to beat.

Raven

tomregev wrote:

wolflordandy wrote:

Learn the players-
Hevay bluffs a lot and will almost always match your raises.
Tycho is a pussy so if he's betting he got something good.
Strongbad is "average", also he tends to burn himself out pretty fast.
Max is pretty much random, and the hardest to beat.

Yeah Max is the hardest hard to tell if hes bluffing or hes got a decent hand, expecially when its just you and him his raises all the time sometime ridiculous amount all you can do is raise higher and hope he folds Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

wolflordandy
Believe it or not, max is the one I can beat best. Since the last patch the tells are much easier to see (slamming head against hte table on the flop... gee I wonder if they got what they wanted!)

Got all the unlocks now, and very much want to play more cards, preferablly for real against mates... or against more different characters!

But yes,
Max is random, but will fold most of the time if you reraise.
Strongbad throws alot around without having decent cards, but often gets lucky.
Heavy, he plays a bit smarter, he bluffs, but usually has a half decent hand.
Tyco only ever plays a good hand, so when he bits high, it means he's got something, but then a bad flop is a bad flop Wink

Had an experiment and went all-in from hand one (preflop). Didn't get called for ages, only started getting called when they were all down to 5000 odd chips, and then it was down to pure luck on the flop. (I came second with this technic, but knocked out the other 3, was funny)

Jump to Forum