cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
TF2 Mann-Conomy Update
Cpt Obvious
http://www.teamfo...annconomy/

5 new sets of class weapons and hats, random hats, trading AND... online store for in game items.

Leif
You forgot the most important! Minigames Pfft

Rofl teh cake
Wow, this is gay. Now with those new sets coming everyone who buys those sets or only the hats has a real advantage to the other players. I liked the game when it was just a stylized competitive shooters, now with this bullshit it's all gone. Hats and the whole drama around them were the beginning of the downfall. What's next, sockets in your hats and additional runes?

Mike
I couldn't care less about cosmetics (or the unlocks for that matter), but they've really lost it if they think these prices are acceptable.

Killing Floor: 8 full, new player models = £2.50

TF2: 1 tiny model that sits on top of your default player model = £3.50 - £12

matswatz
+3 Cake

It's a stupid update : (

NaughtyMe

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Wow, this is gay. Now with those new sets coming everyone who buys those sets or only the hats has a real advantage to the other players. I liked the game when it was just a stylized competitive shooters, now with this bullshit it's all gone. Hats and the whole drama around them were the beginning of the downfall. What's next, sockets in your hats and additional runes?

..almost, I notice that you can buy some paint and a nametag - WHAT THE FUCK.

Full price £98!!!!! for the bundle pack - W T F. So you can buy the game for under a tenner, but pay 9 times as much to get some pixels...seriously.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Izzard
They know very well plenty of people will pay those prices. And they will reduce them later. Much easier than starting low and trying to increase them later.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it's all about?

tomregev
Don't really mind it, not like they turned off random drops. If some moron wants to pay for a hat let him.

Cpt Obvious
Yep and the set bonuses are laughable considering the fact that your forced to use the unlockables.

alecom
Total Cost Of Hats - $214.68

Radoo
I saw it on TF2 forums, people are saying Valve doesn't make money from TF2 anyway, so the buying system is helping them raise a little more.

ACTUALLY THEY DO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY out of it!
It's called advertizing. With this in-game trade and buy system they are advertizing their Steamworks platform with much less money that they would pay for a traditional campaign. Clients can have a "demo" of everything Steamworks can do. Smile

The only thing that is stupid regards prices. I'm sure there are a few gamers that don't mind 10 euros for a hat, but with 10 euros you could get a full game. Sad

wolflordandy
At first I thought "Awesome!" then I saw the prices... althoug the hugely discounted bundle is about hte only thing that seems half-sane. (68% discount for now... making all 5 of the new bundles for £29, but thats a whole new game)

Raven
Hmmm bit expensive considering you could get a decent indie game or even DLC such as for Borderlands for the same price

And what Andy said 29quid for the 5 bundles could buy a new game like Brink
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Tinger
Polycount hats are going to be craftable

Mr Waffles
Wow expensive!

Originally Posted by napmaster
True, but Valve wants to maintain the hat/item rarity. That's why some hats are more expensive than others.

I found this on the rage filled TF2 steam forums and I think this is why they're so costly.

tomregev
I got the GRU, I really hope etf2l allows them as they're really fun. You run at about medic speed, perhaps slightly slower, the damage reduction and drain are only when you have them out. The drain doesn't seem too bad, you can run to the front, eat a sandvich and you're good to go, even better if you have a pocket medic as you're building uber on your way to mid.

Edited by tomregev on 01-10-2010 14:10

spaceboy
Oooow the GRU got added?! Awesome, took Valve long enough Grin I'm sure ETF2L will allow them.. as people have been asking for them for ages, but they may have to wait a while so everyone has a chance to get them. Are they easily craftable?
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

alecom
Heavy rush to mid!

tomregev

Spaceboy wrote:
Oooow the GRU got added?! Awesome, took Valve long enough Grin I'm sure ETF2L will allow them.. as people have been asking for them for ages, but they may have to wait a while so everyone has a chance to get them. Are they easily craftable?

No known blueprint yet other than heavy token+melee token+luck. Though with trading you can find one quite easily. Hell I wouldn't mind loaning mine to whoever plays heavy during a match as long as he gives them back.

Edited by tomregev on 01-10-2010 15:13

Radoo
Obvious craft some weapons last night.
If I remember correctly, the formula is: Weapon + Reclaimed Metal

... yeah I know... damn Reclaimed Metal... I made a Refined Metal and I can't disassemble it .. Sad

Edited by Radoo on 01-10-2010 16:19

Jump to Forum