cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Bad Company 2, names and impressions!
Fens
Right well game has been out a few days, for anyone that has it what are your player names and what do people think?

Personally I am loving it as I already pretty much knew I would from the beta and I think this will be THE big online shooter for the foreseeable. I hate to say it but even an update to my beloved Engi will struggle to get me back into TF2, this is just so much fun! The engine looks gorgeous and I have been waiting years for a decent multiplayer game with destructable environments. They just need to sort the master server and browser, Valves implementation puts DICE to shame!

Have been playing with a fair few Ci peeps over the weekend, add Fens. Just watch out for your choppers guys, Naughtyme has a tendency to nick 'em Wink

Mike
In-game name is Ryuu.

Loving it atm, it's a very solid and enjoyable shooter. This is one of the better balanced games I've played (snipers aside), well thought out layout of the environments and the weapons have a great feel to them.

The most enjoyable aspect of the game for me is tagging something with the Tracer Dart and then watching a lovely display of points and fireworks after launching rockets at it. Although, when in a firefight I tend to forget I have the tracer equipped and whip it out thinking it's a normal handgun. So instead of killing Andy, I just make him glow.

I cannot, for the life of me, fly the choppers though.

Rofl teh cake
I always stay far away from the choppers, but I am loving the shit out of this game, played a solid round of hardcore squad deathmatch with Kurj, Ferret and Undead, we got raped, but hey, enjoyed myself Smile. And even playing with randomers can be pretty fun. I love those parts where they get their shit together and actually do something useful instead of LOLSNIPER 24/7. It's called recon, not sniper, for a reason guys Pfft
The only thing that makes me rage is getting killed by somebody with the noobtube and then seeing he has a 3ple gold star noobtube. MW2 much?

If anyone is interested to play with a bromedic, who uses tracer dart and improved medkit and ressurects like the fist of the north star, add rocketman9000 Smile

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 08-03-2010 14:41

Undead2k
Name: Undead2k
I am currently playing as a soldier with the Thompson + C4 combo. Plan to go through all of them eventually.

I think it's a brilliant game. I normally find realistic multiplayer shooters (CSS, MW etc) boring and simply can't get into them properly but this one is so addictive and enjoyable! There are so many different things which could happen in a single round which has you laughing or crying. Things like shooting down a Blackhawk helicopter and seeing it crash into a group of friendly snipers, killing everyone :X I have had so many awesome moments, sort of wish I had recorded them because even I have trouble believing what just happened.

The only issues I have with the game are small issues. The fact that EA has something to do with the game is an instant annoyance. Hate EA. Argh. Knife attacks not registering properly is another thing I hate, considering thats the weapon I use most of all. I don't know what causes it but I get the hit sound and the targets still running about. Rather annoying but is hasn't stopped me from getting over 100 knife kills already. Might have had more though but meh.

Love it :3

matswatz
Hello, my name is matswatz.

"Failed to connect to EA online. Please try again"

fu EA.

edit: fixed now, damn those seperate game updaters.

Edited by matswatz on 08-03-2010 17:39

Humi
Name: uberhomer

I love that game!

Leif
Will buy this game soon probably Smile.

wolflordandy
Name: WolfLordAndrew

I'm trying to steal all my tags back off Mike atm Pfft

Tim
TimA, add meh.

Fens
Ahh cool quite a few of us then Smile Glad everyone is enjoying it!

NaughtyMe
All you helicopters belong to me.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

gori11a
not enough key bind options, why cant i have hold mouse2 for ADS? cant bind mouse 4 and 5, lag, no ping shown in server browser when it finaly shows any, that refresh thingy gets boring.
Walk miles to front line just to die, and wait to respawn againSad
Doing really bad so-far, but still love it.
gori11a add meWink
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Fens
Mmmm connection problems, horrid server browser and random CTD's are all very annoying. Hopefully they will get sorted soon, but the game is fantastic once you actually get in!
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/userbar1/pc/Fens.png

Rofl teh cake
What really makes me have a sad is the borked friends system, tried joining Fens yesterday the whole evening, nothing happened. Also, pbusterkicks, they have decreased for me, but were pretty much a solid nuisance. And seeing people with 3 Goldstar Noobtubes.

Leif
I've now bought it Grin

NaughtyMe

Gori11a wrote:
not enough key bind options, why cant i have hold mouse2 for ADS? cant bind mouse 4 and 5, lag, no ping shown in server browser when it finaly shows any, that refresh thingy gets boring.
gori11a add meWink

I found a Autokey Hotscript on the BFBC2 forums for this. You dont need Autohotkey for it to work - you can simply run the hotscript before you run the game. There is also one for crouch toggling. If anyone is interested I could try and find the link again, or alternatively just mail them the script.
click->

gori11a

NaughtyMe wrote:

Gori11a wrote:
gori11a add meWink

I found a Autokey Hotscript on the BFBC2 forums for this. You dont need Autohotkey for it to work - you can simply run the hotscript before you run the game. There is also one for crouch toggling. If anyone is interested I could try and find the link again, or alternatively just mail them the script.

How does one of those work then? link?

NaughtyMe

Gori11a wrote:

NaughtyMe wrote:

Gori11a wrote:
gori11a add meWink

How does one of those work then? link? I like your legs

Here you go, but only because you PMd me commenting how sexy you find my voice and that you would like to stroke my leg...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/lis...21736.page

Edited by NaughtyMe on 15-03-2010 18:55

click->

gori11a

NaughtyMe wrote:

Gori11a wrote:

NaughtyMe wrote:

Gori11a wrote:
gori11a add meWink

How does one of those work then? link? I like your legs

Here you go, but only because you PMd me commenting how sexy you find my voice and that you would like to stroke my leg...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/lis...21736.page

legs....?kiss

Undead2k
There's another VIP map pack on its way (or already here, I haven't checked), though its just old maps reused.

http://www.gametr...-bad/63761
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Jump to Forum