cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
PC woes
Mr G
My brother (AKA Roadpizzza) PC has taken a nose dive , the problems are that the PC will power on but no post screen will show. Ive tried swapping memory to one stick then then other/ also no memory. On board gfx and a extra ati2400. Checked the processor and reset the bios. Tried it on another monitor. Any other ideas ? apart from throwing it out the window Smile

alecom
You don't get the beep at the start? If you know what bios the comp has, then you should be able to get some idea of what has gone wrong from the beep codes on booting up.
Sounds like graphics though! you tried with just the onboard graphics?

Edited by alecom on 19-12-2009 17:13

Mr G
No beeping sounds from the Motherboard also has no led lights to check , yep tried the on board gfx and a ati2400 card and no joy. Its about three old AM2 board with a AMD 3200 in it. I've only got Intel stuff so cant even try swapping parts out of my machine to test against.

Edited by Mr G on 20-12-2009 16:54

alecom
http://www.pcguid...hp?t=39685

Raven
Usually if no beebs are occuring it sounds like the POST isnt working so sounds hardware related could be graphics card as a guess
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mr G
Gunna drop it of at a shop in town to do a hardware diagnostic and find the fault. cheers for the reply peeps

NaughtyMe
From my extensive experience this Summer (the season of CPU/MOBO upgrade) and recently....

Not posting COULD be one of the following:
1. CPU
2. RAM
3. PSU
4. MOBO

In the summer, my problem finally turned out to be a bricked CPU that I had just bought (remember that episode!, 3 MOBOs in the end).

click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

alecom
naughty gets all the fun with computers

gori11a
PSU and graffix are the things most likely to give up with no warning
Let us know how u get on
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Jump to Forum