cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Read what is install for people who buy MW2
SCi-Fi
This is a disgrace to FPS gaming, who is gonna buy this crap after reading this..

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/20....ars#reply
homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/SCi-Fi.png

Cpt Obvious
I pity anyone who pays for that crap. This is the biggest joke i have seen in ages.

spaceboy
You have to wonder why they're even bothering, they'll sell about 3 copies and damage their reputation massively.. I don't understand why they wouldn't just not release on PC and stick to the consoles as that's clearly what they're interested in. I guess they did a calculation at some stage that, given the negligible amount of work they've put into the PC port, they'd still make a profit on that work even with massively reduced sales.. I just can't imagine that profit will be big enough to be worth the PR clusterfuck Frown
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Mike
IW seem to be under this illusion that they're leading the PC gaming industry, I remember them saying that their new server system will "change the industry forever", if by that they mean that it will be the biggest dysmal flop ever seen in the industry, then yes I suppose it will.

I say let them ship it, and let them fail. Other developers will take note of this failure and won't follow along.

Edited by Mike on 06-11-2009 16:55

Masson
Valve must be pissing themselves

Rofl teh cake
I think this game will still sell like hot cakes... I don't know why, but it will, even the PC version. People are still stupid enough to support this port of an xbox game. I'll just play the singleplayer.

Cold
your average noob is not going to care about any of this, they only care that it is COD MW 2 and will thus buy it in their hoards.

the ones who know something and care will download it instead Pfft

alecom
Maaan I cannot WAIT to not pay for this game..

Radoo
I'll pay for that crap. The crap is the Steam price is crap (59.99 euros for Europe / UK guys you have a great price from what Mr. White told me). So, for the first time in "ages", I will buy this game as Retail from a local store and still it will be allot cheaper than Steam's price.

I think Steam is so going down with allot of crappy EU prices and territory access. Direct2Drive is way better, too bad they don't have such a good community support, and I really wouldn't like to have more digital gaming systems installed. Frown

Returning to the topic, well, you say this multiplayer system is crap. From my point of view it's great. I know many many many Romanian crap people who didn't buy CoD4 and played the multiplayer via Hamachi. How can the developers make people buy the game, if cracked versions of the game allow people to play the whole content? I know, Team Fortress 2 and other Valve games have a great way for making playing on the official servers worth it, but too bad, not all the companies have this kind of products, so many are enjoying the whole thing for free. You see this as fair?!

Oh, and, of course, MW2 will still be an awesome single player experience. Smile

Edited by Radoo on 06-11-2009 22:26

alecom
Umm.. seeing as IW has millions and billions, surely it wouldn't be TOO much to have dedicated servers? They just don't give a crap, that's all. Other companies might have an excuse, but IW don't.

Mike

Rayden wrote:
Returning to the topic, well, you say this multiplayer system is crap. From my point of view it's great.

So killing the mod community, removing kick player, removing the ability to form communities, forcing people to connect to crap local hosting and making absoloutely sure that there can be no competitive play is great?

The above just makes people WANT to pirate the game, not the other way around.

Piracy doesn't justify doing any of these things. In fact, this will have no effect on people pirating the game at all (with the exception of piracy going UP).

Rayden wrote:
I know, Team Fortress 2 and other Valve games have a great way for making playing on the official servers worth it, but too bad, not all the companies have this kind of products, so many are enjoying the whole thing for free. You see this as fair?!

This made me laugh. Activision own the CoD series AND World of Warcraft, last year they made a revenue of nearly 3 billion dollars. They could "have this kind of products" if they wanted, but they've taken the anti-consumer way and locked down the game by removing the important components of a multiplayer game.

If you're honestly looking forward to the game, then good for you, I'm not picking a fight or anything. But using Piracy as an excuse for this just doesn't work.

Edited by Mike on 06-11-2009 23:11

Page
I'm not going to buy it, I do like CoD but don't think it is that amazing, especially not for the price. I might play the single player a bit at some point, but that's just not where the fun is, although it's a great way to avoid doing Cognitive Processes essays Roll

wolflordandy
Don't forget, the multiplayer is only 9v9 max!

alecom

Page wrote:
I'm not going to buy it, I do like CoD but don't think it is that amazing, especially not for the price. I might play the single player a bit at some point, but that's just not where the fun is, although it's a great way to avoid doing Cognitive Processes essays Roll

Good times Grin

sick-lizard

SCi-Fi wrote:
This is a disgrace to FPS gaming, who is gonna buy this crap after reading this..

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/20....ars#reply

its like reading a suicide note left by a game Smile

Rofl teh cake
Also, if anybody is interested, here's a recent article about Kotick on Forbes:
http://www.forbes...2/052.html

>Robert Kotick's mother dates his compulsive capitalism to toddlerhood, when young Bobby sold her ashtray to a friend who had come over for a playdate. He netted $3.

>To him, playing videogames was a waste of time.

>He happily recalls his most profitable high school business venture, renting out Manhattan nightspots like Studio 54 on off nights and throwing parties for underage kids. The hardworking Kotick found the hedonism of his customers--his fellow teenagers--befuddling. "I could never understand how you could spend hundreds of dollars buying cocaine or pot. I worked too hard for my money. I saved it. I still have it," he says.

>Instead he spent his spare time hanging outside with the bouncers taking head counts and dreaming up wholesome cross-selling opportunities, such as bringing in ice cream carts to the clubs. He left for college confident in his ability to understand his customers, whether or not he shared any of their passion for his products.

NO FUN ALLOWED.

img682.imageshack.us/img682/1671/1257600050263.jpg

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 07-11-2009 14:09

Humi
Instead of buying mw2, I'll save my money for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I'll have to wait a few more months but this makes me happy: http://blogs.batt...ayers.aspx

alecom
I lol'd so hard at cake's post

Jump to Forum