cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Help Me Please, Its weird!
InformedLightning
its weird Sick on my pc it wont let me play css on my account, but it will on lees acount on the same pc? it pops up saying hl2 or something like that is not responing each time i go on css, my account is working fine for css onj other PCs though :/ and i can play Css on leeroys account on my PC just not my own account Sad

Please help if you can,

write back asap Pfft

your sincerely, Informed|Lightning

Cold
try deleting clientregistry.blob

failing that, just re-install css lol, only takes 2 mins. make sure u back up maps folder and cfg folder

InformedLightning
hey cold, how i do the blob thing?

but i have reistulled Css but the same thing is still happening Sick its really weird Sad any ideas???

Cold
completely re-installed?

NaughtyMe
Delete the BLOB!!!
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Mike
@Lightning: Go to C:\Steam or C:\Program Files\Steam or wherever you've installed Steam, find the file named clientregistry.blob and delete it. If you can't find it just use the search function.

NaughtyMe wrote:
Delete the BLOB!!!

I wasn't aware that we could just delete you. When did that feature come along?

Edited by Mike on 05-11-2009 21:43

InformedLightning
i have deleted it, nothings happened, still the same Sad

what now team Pfft

alecom
You don't have any auto-execution scripts or run commands for the game?

gori11a
Download the "Get Steam Now" from Steam website and run/double click the file which will repair or re-install steam.
After this Steam will update and you should be good to go.
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

alecom
He said it's only on his account though...

Mike
Only thing I can think of is using -autoconfig, sometimes deleting games leave behind your config settings, especially if you reinstalled the game straight after you removed it. Right click on CS: S in Steam>Properties>Launch Options and input "-autoconfig" (without the quotes). Then try launching the game again.

If that doesn't work then do what 'rilla said and reinstall or repair steam.

Edited by Mike on 06-11-2009 20:20

InformedLightning
ok guys thankyou, il be sure to try all this once i get home tonight Smile

thanks again, il keep you all posted how i get on WinkPfft

gori11a
Bump

Fixed?
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

InformedLightning
nope still not working gorilla Sad

i really dont know whats up with my account?

i can play any other game but Css....
i can play Css on other PCs other than mine, and can still play on leeroys account on my PC Sick WIERDD Pfft

any other ideas people?

Smile

the lightning
Start trowing your pc accros your room. If that doesn't work I don't know what else you can do.
hlstatsx.cleveridiot.com/sig-187-random.png

dr_icecream
Now, have you already deleted the CSS map under your account entirely? I remember posting it, but can't see the post here anywhere. Do that, and let it re-install, see what that gives

Cold
as several people have now said, just re-install steam. back shit up as required

Mike

NaughtyMe wrote:
Weird - who deleted my posts?

Mine's gone too, I think.

I could swear I left a post telling him to contact Steam support...

Mr G
Right click counter strike source and go to to properties under general tab check "set launch options..." make sure nothing is in there.

Go to tab Local Files, and "Verify integrity of game cache..."

If you are re-installing and copying your cfgs back in then you could be just recreating the problem. Start fresh or copy leeroys folder into your accounts folder you only need to do the CSS folder.

Since his version works there sould nt be a problem?

Jump to Forum