cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Neotokyo!
Rofl teh cake
Neotokyo is a pretty new Sourcemod. It is inspired by Ghost in the Shell and plays a little bit like CSSick. It is pretty awesome imo, that's why I think it deserves to be mentioned in a thread. It is free to download. http://www.neotokyohq.com/ if you want to give it a try. Just download it, install and then restart steam, then it should be in your list. The only thing you need is a game using source, I think.

In this game, there are 2 kinds of play, Capture The Ghost and Team Deathmatch (I have yet to find a server for that)
Capture the Ghost plays like Capture the Flag, the only difference is that the one carrying the ghost can see all the enemies and that the flag is a Tittyrobot.

There are 3 kinds of classes, the Recon, Assault and Support.
The Recon is like the scout in the game, he can run really fast and has nightvision and unlimited sprint, don't know very much about him, because I'm too scared of playing him. The Assault is somewhat slower than the recon and has limited sprint. Just like the Recon, he can cloak for a limited amount of time, but his special sight is Motion sensor, with which he can track people being cloaked and walking.
Then, there is the support class. He is by far the class with the most amount of health. He cannot cloak and sprint and is pretty slow. His special vision is Infrared, so he can see everything, but not cloaked people. His last weapon is a kick ass mg.

At the beginning the game is pretty frustrating, you'll be all like "wat". But when you get into it, you will have lots of fun. Some of us are already playing this, Hunt0r, Undead2k, Tinger has also downloaded it. So get in and join the fun Grin
http://www.neotokyohq.com/neotokyo_no...hints.html
here are also some noob hints.

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 05-07-2009 14:23

Hunt0r
aye had a laugh today on it with cake like he said pretty hard at the start but once u know what your doing its just like cs Smile

Cpt Obvious
i never played cs so this will be interesting.

Undead2k
Its a really fun mod :3 Cant wait to see what they plan to add to it later.

Rofl teh cake
Like real ironsights....please Frown

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 05-07-2009 16:12

BiGFooT
I played it today and I think I will continue playing it Smile

wolflordandy
Looks interesting, as a GhostSickAC addict, I feel I must at least try this out.

Mike
Hmm, they seem to have released this quietly. Been waiting for this to come out for ages.

Cpt Obvious
Played for 5 minutes, boring as hell, what a waste of space.
So boring generic fps.

Mike
One hit kill sniper rifle. Fail.

Rofl teh cake
I think they are going to fix that rifle too. It's too AWPenisenlargement-ish imo. Keep in mind that the developers still call this a beta.

But Support-class + Thermal vision + Smoke Grenades + Big Para-like MG = WIN!

Raven
Having trouble downloading it at a decent speed which website everyone used?
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

krakyn
There's a torrent up Raven, just use that.

Jump to Forum