cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Ci L4D Server
Mike
IP: 85.234.148.33:27135

So we don't have to go through 4 attempts trying to find a decent server.

To connect to it, the lobby leader must input "ms_force_dedicated_server 85.234.148.33:27135" into their console. If it doesn't work it's either because it's off or other people are already on it. The server is passworded, but that's only so that other randoms can't join. If you connect as a group via lobby you don't have to input the password. Also, I've discovered that passwording and steam group connecting conflict with each other, so steam group's out atm.

Don't bother with search_tag because...well...to put it nicely: it's shite.

Hopefully Matchmaking 2.0 will have some less painful method to connect to a specific server. I'll leave it until then.

Edited by Mike on 06-05-2009 14:21

Cpt Obvious
Thank you!

NaughtyMe
ooo ta
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

tomregev
love

Leif
Rock

Raven
Nice one mike Smile Roll

spaceboy
We love you Mike!!! love

alecom
I havn't looked, but maybe you have it so it doesn't show you passworded servers in the list?

Rofl teh cake
Shiny man, a CI L4D server. We gotta try it out.

Mr G
nice one mike though i feel ya pain on the server its a pile shit compared to other source engine games.

try sv_search_key for connection issues though its as = pain to work out Pfft

wolflordandy
I blame them making the l4d server stuff to cater for consle tards. Sad

NaughtyMe
Ta mister, appreciated.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Rofl teh cake
Woopwoop. Grin

tomregev
The ping, it was glorious.

Rofl teh cake
Yeah, we played a little game of campaign No mercy, twas great fun and great ping.

Undead2k
Grin Can't wait to play on the server. Thanks mike!

Mr G
aye very sweet dude.

gori11a
still haven't played the game reallyFrown

tomregev

Mike wrote:
Assigned "Cleveridiot" to search_key for matchmaking.

So, to connect to the server from the lobby, the lobby leader has to put sv_search_key "Cleveridiot" into his/her console.

Note: sv_search_key doesn't work 100% of the time.

Didn't work for me, also it seems that you can see the server in the group servers list only when someone's in it.

Mr Waffles
I manged to connect to Mike's L4D server by typing ms_force_dedicated_server 85.234.148.33:27135" into the console and pressing enter and then start the game. The server has great ping! Thank's MikeSmile Now we dont have to spend ages finding a decent server when we're in those friends only versus games.

Jump to Forum