Print Thread
ETF2L TF2 update: Random damage poll
Mr G
Source: http://etf2l.org/2009/02/05/tf2-updat...mage-poll/

With the last Valve update, there came a few interesting new server variables. The ETF2L config will be updated accordingly. However, for 1 variable, we"™d like your opinion. This variable decides whether random damage will be used in the game or not.

If tf_damage_disablespread is activated, the amount of damage every gun can do will be static. By default, this is turned off. This (off) means a weapon"™s damage output can randomly vary. This varies by around 10%. When turned on, every single shot fired by the same weapon will do the same amount of damage. (not taking into account random spread). This can make the game more predictable, you"™ll know more precisely how much damage you will do.

For comparison, we will list the damage of some of the most common weapons with this variable turned on.
Sticky: directly inder your feet: 114 damage, damage up to around 130 damage, (with ideal placement directly in front of you, damage will decrease fast if you"™re standing further away. )
Pipe: 98-104 damage (direct hit; depends on place of impact.)
Scattergun: 104 damage (point blank, when fired from further away, damage will decrease)
Rocket: 112 (point blank, damage will decrease when fired from further away.)

Please vote whether you want this static damage to be enabled or not.

spaceboy
Ooooow, I voted static, be interesting to see how this affects the game Smile

Cpt Obvious
I would love it to be static on the pub server =P

Fallen Seraph
random damage is cancelled; demomen go home.

I can't wait to not be 1 hit killed as scout anymore!

Rofl teh cake
I feel you seraph. GODDAMN DEMOMAN, I DID A BACKSTAB WHICH DIDN'T GET RECOGNISED BY THE SYSTEM AND THERE HE TURNS AROUND AND RANDOMLY SHOOTS A GRENADE RIGHT IN MY FACE, WHICH INSTANTLY KILLS ME, IGNORING THE FACT THAT I AM FULLY HEALED UP.

tomregev
Though nothing makes me happier than one-shotting a scout with a grenade, in competitive play I think it should be static.

krakyn
Oddly not sure what to vote for here, with valve having lowered levels of random spread I would probably want to see how that goes before making such a big change but knowing the people on ETF2L I can see this getting pushed through without that option :/

tomregev
Maybe we can have the server on static for a practice match and see how it goes.

gori11a
Erm...dunno really

TinyT
Say no to one-shot grenades. Vote now!

We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

jem58
Anything that removes one-hit kills is a very good thing, though the effect on sniper bodyshots isnt ideal for medics.

sick-lizard

Krakyn wrote:
Oddly not sure what to vote for here, with valve having lowered levels of random spread I would probably want to see how that goes before making such a big change but knowing the people on ETF2L I can see this getting pushed through without that option :/

Yeah I concur, it would be nice if some of the top teams were asked to do exhibtion matches to test setup before rule is passed Smile

krakyn
Sort of thing you expect there to be a one day cup for tbh. Frown

Fallen Seraph
it's almost as if this is kinda similar to tftrue which did (nearly) the same thing and one day cups have already been done for! \o/

they went swimmingly Frown

Jump to Forum