cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D DLC revealed!!!
Undead2k
http://store.stea...news/2223/

The first L4D DLC "” dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

The SDK will also be coming out in spring Grin

Cpt Obvious
cant wait for more vs.

Raven
Nice will the versus maps be the other two campaigns or complete new ones?

Mr G
$10 its the other ones, Survival no respawn or rescue ?

Cpt Obvious
it possibly has a price... i hope not but its a chance.

Masson
its valve, i dont think they'll charge you for it Smile

Undead2k
It would be silly if they did that :/

I think what they mean is they will be doing another retail version of L4D, obviously for those who havent got it yet Pfft Which will also have the DLC on it. So when you install L4D you also install the DLC plus whatever updates as opposed to downloading everything through steam again. Or something along those lines maybe Sick

Raven

Mr G wrote:
Survival no respawn or rescue ?

yeah sounds like it wlil players be able to play infected in this mode?

Mike
Not paying for the 2 vs maps, considering that's not even DLC, it's missing content.

tomregev
With all the free contents TF2 gets I doubt they'll start charging for L4D.

Edited by tomregev on 06-02-2009 11:35

Tim
Yeah they always said they'd never charge for PC DLC, it'd be a huge turnaround to suddenly start doing so.

Also, apparent email reply from Gabe: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3346/3...180dg5.jpg

Ramini
I was wondering why since thats really just working for free. But I guess that if they keep giving it content then it will remain a staple game and so new people will buy it rather than it just falling out of the spotlight after a few months.

Cpt Obvious
that email pic looks legit Tim. Glad to hear its free for sure.

Mr G
Though they have let some right loons do some pretty stupid stunts in the past, if this had been around april the 1st - priceless windup.

Tim

Ramini wrote:
I was wondering why since thats really just working for free. But I guess that if they keep giving it content then it will remain a staple game and so new people will buy it rather than it just falling out of the spotlight after a few months.

They've always said it's their marketing strategy to keep DLC free (on PC anyway) and so lure new customers that way, not making money by charging current customers.

""You buy the product, you get the content," Team Fortress 2 designer Robin Walker told us. "We make more money because more people buy it, not because we try and nickel-and-dime the same customers.""

Jump to Forum