cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Yes its time for... yet another NON SCOUT update.
Cpt Obvious
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

New client features

* Added Viewmodel FOV slider to advanced multiplayer options
* Added a hide viewmodel option to advanced multiplayer options
* Added custom crosshair support
o Added crosshair image, scale, and color settings to the Options->Multiplayer settings tab
o Moved HUD minimal mode & Disable Spray options into the Advanced Multiplayer settings
* Added "open_charinfo_direct" command that opens the loadout directly to the class you're currently playing
o Replaced the "Open Loadout" entry in the options->keys dialog with this new command. Rebind / reset your config to defaults to use it

New server features

* Added "tf_damage_disablespread" convar to disable the 25% damage spread on all damage
* Added class limit support to tournament mode
o Set the "tf_tournament_classlimit_X" convars to the max number of class X allowed
* Added "tf_tournament_hide_domination_icons" convar, that allows a tournament mode server to force clients not to display domination icons over their nemeses

Gameplay changes

* Modified critical hit calculation. Overall, critical hit chance is now much more recent-performance based:
o Base chance is now 2% (was 5%).
o Bonus range based on damage done changed from 0%-15% to 0%-10
o Damage range required for bonus changed from 0-1600 to 0-800
* Reduced random damage spread applied to all player damage from +-25% to +-10%
* Slight reduction (improvement) of the minigun's spread
* Increased flare direct hit damage from 20 to 30
* Rewrote Natascha's slowdown code to be more consistent
* Sniper rifle now supports Crit Boost state like all other weapons (i.e. Kritzkrieg makes all shots critical hits)
* Stealthed spies are no longer able to pickup the intelligence. They must uncloak first
* Increased soldier primary ammo count from 16 to 20

Bugfixes

* Fixed crash when running in tools mode
* Added UTIL_IsCommandIssuedByServerAdmin() checks to several "physics_" CON_COMMAND scripts to prevent clients issuing the commands
* Fixed bug in teleporter logic that allowed engineers to build teleporters with HUGE health values
* Fixed matching teleporter not getting a health buff when the pair is upgraded (only the tele you were hitting got the health buff)
* Fixed Medic UberCharge percentage in minimal-HUD mode

Steam Community update released
February 2, 2009, 4:31 pm - Shawn Zabecki - General Announcement

The specific changes include:

Invites

* Split invites into own tab on the control panel
* Added new invite notification to control panel
* Added 'ignore-all' function to invites

RSS

* Added RSS feed for groups and link in action panel, aggregates upcoming events (2 days) and announcements
* Added RSS feed for per-user events (2 days) and link in control panel (currently only available for public profiles)

* Reduced random damage spread applied to all player damage from +-25% to +-10%

YES finally. if i understand correctly this means demoman cannot one shot medic with luck via stickies. And one shotting spies/scouts/snipers is less likely to happen.

Also less random crits nice. Smaller minigun spread nice. Even more fixed natascha very nice.

Spy requiring to wait until fully uncloaked to pick up intel is a major nerf tho but needed i guess.

Mike
Love the new features, people (incl me) have been nagging for some viewmodel customization for ages. Not really arsed about the crosshair, but nice to know it's there.

Official class limits is great, but limited to tournament mode? I wonder why they did that....

I'm gonna go mess around with viewmodel Grin

spaceboy
I've wwanted them to reduce base crits for ages, ideally I'd actually like this to be zero so that it's purely a reward for doing damage, and not just a random instakill that you get coming out of spawn, but this is sitll a great move Smile.. reducing the amount of random damage is great too, although I'd again have been happier if this had gone to 0% as I really can't see the point in it, at least crits are performance based, I can't see the benefit of extra randomness beyond that... and 4 more ammo for solly is nice.. spy intel nerf is a bit of a cunt though, it's not like it guaranteed capturing a downed intel, it was still hard as all hell cos you died immediately when you got it. This is gonna mean even less spy play in matches as it's one thing they were legitimately useful for.

Official class limits will be useful in tournament mode so you can set the config so that noone accidentally breaks the rules and becomes a 2nd demo/medic/3rd solly etc.. seems odd to leave this only in tournament mode though.

Raven
yay more rockets for sollies! Roll

Mr G

Raven wrote:
yay more rockets for sollies! Roll

they take with one hand and give with another still waiting for the other 4 though Smile

Ramini

* Sniper rifle now supports Crit Boost state like all other weapons (i.e. Kritzkrieg makes all shots critical hits)

HAHAHAHAAHA!!!! HAHHA! HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!
Medic!
Critical = same as a headshot.

Also since a fully charged headshot does ~500 damage I shall now have more crits than ever with my machete methinks.

spaceboy

Ramini wrote:
[quote]... I shall now have more crits than ever with my machete methinks.

I'm not sure I like the sound of that Shock

krakyn
w00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t RollGrinParty

Also with regards to the topic iirc valve said in their blog two game fix updates then the scout. So it will be pretty soon I would think. (and hope)

Having played about with stuff that custom cross hair for sniper is going to be gone so quick, it makes them stupidly overpowered in all sorts of bad ways. Sad

Stuff is tied to tournament mode because a lot of this update is stuff the competitive seen has been desperate for, since day 1 in several cases.

Edited by krakyn on 03-02-2009 13:24

Humi
wow love this!

Rofl teh cake
Everything cool except the spy and intel thing. And Kritzkriegsniper..oh my god. Worst thing ever. The kritzkrieg was made to use for charging in, getting yourself in danger and then either dominate the whole team or blatantly fail. That's what it was for. Now a goddamn son of a bitch sniper can kill the whole team from a safe distance with the kritzkrieg. I mean, if you are not an overhealed soldier, a bodyshot would instantly killl you and good snipers can kill lots even without the kritzkrieg.

This is my theory, don't know how it's gonna look like in a game...let's see, but I say kritzkrieg sniper is fail.

spaceboy
Yeah the Kritz sniper is a weird one.. maybe that would make a good strategy for matches? If we're trying to take a final point we could kritz a sniper at distance take out half their team (either straight killing their medic or popping their uber at distance that it won't hurt us) and then waltz in for the win.

Ramini
Kritz sniper = autosniper
No point in going for a headshot.
Instant kill on scout, medic, sniper and spy.
2 shot kill on pyro, soldier, demo
will be completely useless vs a healed heavy
A decent sniper at a distance has no real use for it since you always charge enough to kill soldiers in 1 hit anyway. I was manicly laughing because I'm quite good at noscoping and this makes it silly.

Leif

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Everything cool except the spy and intel thing.

Hey, that is good. Before spies could just have gone to a well guarded intel, take the intel and reset the inteltimer. Was a good tactic if you had taken the intel a bit. I'm glad it's gone Grin

Undead2k
Nice to see they are back to fixing things again, going to have to take a lookie later :3.

D: But I want my scout update, then my l4d update. Maybe not in that order though.

agrippa
update has broken my client

Rofl teh cake
Changing the viewmodel and or adding the minihud makes my tf2 die Sad

Mike
I like viewmodel 70, but I get less kills when I use it Headbang

spaceboy
Ha ha ha... what? Why?!

JunkfoodMan

Mike wrote:
I like viewmodel 70, but I get less kills when I use it Headbang

Hah, me too.

tomregev
Don't care much for view model, it just looks weird and messes with my aim. The rest of the update is sweet, though the sniper part scares me.

Edited by tomregev on 05-02-2009 12:54

Jump to Forum