cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
stupid things
agrippa
We've all done em.

Just now i was proof reading a job application form that includes an equal opportunity bit that asks your race/religion etc... There a section on sexual orientation that i just now realised i had filled in wrong. Hand to heart when i saw it i actually said out loud (to my empty flat) "wait im not bisexual."

I also rode my bicycle into a cow when i was about 18.

So anyone else done any dumb stuff. doesn't matter how mundane it might sound, its all good.

EDIT:: If this form is to be believed (which it really shouldn't be) i am also a member of the council for advancement of communication with deaf people (CACDP). If i keep getting tick boxes wrong im totally screwed when it comes to real life in general.

Edited by agrippa on 11-01-2009 18:43

Masson
i tried to ride my bike up a solid 60 degree angle not long ago
ive walked into a lampost
i once stood on what appeared to be a mossy rock and turned out to be algae, and had to be pulled out of waist-high mud
and i swallowed a bee once
story of my life Smile

tomregev
A friend of mine had an empty house one night so a bunch of us went there to have some drinks. That guy's parents were real neat freaks so the place was spotless. Anyways, after about 2 bottles of wine I wanted to go to the porch for a smoke, and with that and with the whole house being so clean I didn't notice the glass sliding door in my way and walked straight into it.

This one isn't entirely my fault but I had a hand in it. My company was tasked with blowing up an old minefield, it had a total of 1000 anti tank mines which summed up to almost a ton of explosives. You can't just blow all of it in one go because the shockwave would be tremendous and cause a lot of damage to the area so we had to blow it in short delays. The problem was no one remembered to set the delayers, so the explosion ended up shattering about half the windows in a nearby town.

Edited by tomregev on 11-01-2009 19:29

Mike
Throughout the whole 5 years of High school, on the way there I slipped up on the same manhole cover grid in the middle of the road at least 4 times.

It took me a week to realise I had accidently installed 64 bit Linux instead of 32 bit.

I punctured one of the pipe intentures in my freezer as I was defrosting it.

I've gotten lost in Liverpool many, many, many times.

I hit my mate in the middle of the forehead with a tennis ball when I volley'd it too hard. (I still got the pointSmile)

Hungover Engie
A friend of mine had a old picture of a woman in a bikini at the beach on her desk. I pick up the picture and I go
"grrrr, who's this hot thang?"
"it's my mum"
"sexy..." (trying to save the moment by being tastelessly funny)
"she's dead"

I hate it when that happens.
www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

Mr G
Reseting all Cleveridiots admins login passwords and admin passwords in just one click, sending emails to them informing them of this fact.

Raven
One time i sneezed so hard i sent my head flying forwards and bashed it on a corner of a chair and was bleeding a tad Drunk

NaughtyMe
Almost drowned and lost forever at the foot of a glacier in Iceland

Slit my wrist and almost died by sticking it through a window

Non-realisation that, yes, my sperm are just that powerful.

When I was 8, we started to stick some trees through the front letter box of a new housing estate. Ran for high heaven when the coppers came blaring around the corner with the sirens on.

Walkng home past an abandone water tower, which was now doused in petrol and alight. I was, maybe 10. For some inexplicable reason I had a box of matches in my pocket. Almost pissed myself when the coppers came up the road and stopped me. Only saved as I was about to be searched by the real people being apprehended just across the nearby allotments. Phew.

Trying to jump a humpback bridge, trying to avoid the car that pulled out just the other side of it by stamping on the breaks. Succesful completion of jump, unsuccessful avoidance of nearby tree stump as I landed with the brakes jammed on.

Being given a bj by my 17 yr old girlfriend (I was 16) {EDITED: because I missed out a very important part of the paragraph which made it read MUCCCCH worse!] when her dad came home. Hurriedly getting re-trousered and then having to get a lift home with him 10 minutes later.

Being left in a waist high bin in Oxford Street, Reading, out drunk one night when I was 16.

Taking acid on a hot summer day when a student and then squeezing into the back of a Ford Fiesta without air conditioning for 1/2 hour for a lift somewhere. I don't remember where, just the horrifying claustraphobia of the car. Oh we also got lost in South Parade Pier in Southsea.

Edited by NaughtyMe on 12-01-2009 20:21

krakyn
I took the skin off my eye with a big stick 30 seconds after my dad told me to put it down when I was 9, hurt like mad and I couldn't open the eye for days Frown still got made to go on a horse ride in the afternoon because my dad had told me it would happen Shock

I got stoned (ie they threw stones at me Mute) by friends and fell off a pier once during lunch at school when I was 13, bumped into my dad as I went home to get changed and had to tell him then my whole class what happened when I got in late Sad

I once did the dishes the morning after a party at my house and then pushed a loose fuse back into a plug that was still switched on, got an electric shock as well, no idea how I didn't die tbh Shock

Couldn't get the seal off a bottle of JD at the start of a party once, took a knife to it, slipped and cut my hand to the bone. Was under-age at the time so explaining what I had done to my parents was fun. Mute Especially because my best mate kept telling different stories to people just to make it worse Angry Pop

I should point out at this point I'm not the unlucky/likely to mess up one amongst my friends, he's managed to, amongst other things, set his hair on fire whilst camping in the Highlands and choose the most rotten branch of the most rotten tree in an entire forest to sit on to impress a girl with obvious results.

Edited by krakyn on 12-01-2009 15:22

Rofl teh cake
watched the Pianist with my class, second world war, sad, people died etc etc.
Anyways, if you watched the movie you know that the retarded guy gets thrown out of the window for not being able to stand up.
My teacher stopped the movie right before and said some shit like
So the Nazis take the guy in the wheelchair and throw him with his wheelchair out of the window.
Being only a human being, I burst out in laughter. I laughed, and laughed and laughed.

More to follow, I could fill books, but I don't feel like typing e_e

crash
In highschool i was playing chess with my mates .. the ceiling was pretty low and i was squatting on the chair as i was anticipating that the next move was going to be checkmate.. *boom checkmate* and i jump up with my hands in the air.. of course.. my hands go right thru the ceiling fan and cuts my right wrist.. couldn't write for a week.. which was pretty alright.. seeing i had an excuse not to do homework Grin

for a scouts presentation we had to come up with a fight scene.. involving fire.. a friend of mine spilt petrol on my pants without me realising it.. during the presentation.. my junior blows fire near me and... well u know the rest..

when i was 12 there was a huge hill we loved to cycle down from.. the bottom was a main road.. so usually one of us would keep watch.. it was my cousin's turn to keep watch and she was a lil preoccupied with something.. as i was going downhill and terminal velocity .. i realised what my cousin was telling me earlier was that his bike.. which i was on.. had no brakes.. missed the van on the right but got hit by a merz head on..

Mike
New addition

Stayed awake for about 30 hours. Decided to stay up all Monday night to get some extra work cleaned up. While I got the work done, I was knackered all day, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I actually fell asleep for 10 mins. Even some starbucks coffee didn't help. On the way home I nearly missed my stop on the train because I had trouble staying awake. Got home yesterday at 4pm and went straight to bed, didn't wake up until 9.30 this morning (thank god I've got no lessons today). Hands were shaking because my sugar levels were quite low.

Never doing that again tmi

Edited by Mike on 14-01-2009 11:09

the lightning
when I whas in the scouts we stole a shoppingtroly and whe got in it whith 4 people. Than drove off a mountain. The problem whas there where a lot of trees. you can can figure out the rest...

Cold

Mr G wrote:
Reseting all Cleveridiots admins login passwords and admin passwords in just one click, sending emails to them informing them of this fact.

and failing to send that email to me Pfft

taken an entire PC to bits because i couldn't get it to start. having found no problems, i decided to actually plug the PSU lead into the wall this time Smile

Jump to Forum