cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Laptops..
yakuz
I am looking to get a laptop for xmas present/top up with my own money. Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations as i am really bad at this sort of thing.
What i am looking for is something relatively cheap that will mainly be used for internet/word processing but is capable of running most games that are out at the moment (not highest settings obviously.) Something that comes pre-made is a must.
If u can't recommend a particular laptop then good sites/companies to look at would be a helpful start.
ty in advance

EDIT: sorry if similar to dangerarea's but i'm looking for laptop, prebuilt and unsure how much of my pay packet i'm going to give up, as not sure what improvement more money will get me. £550 max.

Edited by yakuz on 03-12-2008 22:15

Mike
http://www.ebuyer...uct/149335

Looks alright

yakuz
looks really good at better/cheaper than what i was looking at. One question, if you want something to be really fast at music/browsing/word processing, what do u want, high ram or high powered processor or both?

Raven
Depends on your money status really, i went with a dell inspiron and neva looked backed also you can customise it to suit your tastes Drunk

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/pro...l=en&s=dhs

I neva changed the default graphic card and i got a 17inch can play everything smooth without problems

Also i heard with vista it only recongises 3gb of ram and not 4gb Wink

Edited by Raven on 04-12-2008 19:39

img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mike
That's not really limited to vista though, that's for all 32-bit OS's. Some computers detect 3.25gb, others might only detect 2.75gb.

Fallen Seraph
IT'S A FUCKING LAPTOP.

YOU'RE AN ABJECT FAILURE AT LIFE IF YOU TRY TO USE A LAPTOP FOR ANYTING OTHER THAN WORD PROCESSING AND WEB ACCESS (I'M LOOKING AT YOU JEM AND KRAKYN) AND MUSIC AND FILMS NOW AND AGAIN

GET ANY OLD PIECE OF SHIT AND IT WILL DO YOU FINE

krakyn
Look Mr. Cruise Control I use my laptop for precisely that, unless my PC is inaccessible in which case I have been known to spec the odd game with it. FingerPfft

NaughtyMe
I use mine for work - yes some of us actually need their laptop for work!!!! - or for keeping pesky children off my beloved desktop.

yakuz

Fallen Seraph wrote:
IT'S A FUCKING LAPTOP.

YOU'RE AN ABJECT FAILURE AT LIFE IF YOU TRY TO USE A LAPTOP FOR ANYTING OTHER THAN WORD PROCESSING AND WEB ACCESS (I'M LOOKING AT YOU JEM AND KRAKYN) AND MUSIC AND FILMS NOW AND AGAIN

GET ANY OLD PIECE OF SHIT AND IT WILL DO YOU FINE

ahhhh angry capslock irish man, run away!
But thanks for all the help, including the blunt explanation of what it should/will be used for.

jem58
Seraph is just jealous. For any student that can't afford two computers, it does make sense to just get a nice laptop, then when it becomes obsolete, build a pc.

Depends how much you're planning on gaming really - I hardly ever game on my laptop (other than tf2) so it'd be a bit ridiculous to spend £300+ building a desktop for pretty much one game.

Monkee
I got an Alienware Lappy for a pressie a few years back and it immediately out did my desktop in every possible way!

Not bothered upgrading as it is still awesome! Currently on the look out for a pimp netbook just to bumble around with.

Say
Monkee lieks to bumble about like a ghey bee

Monkee

Say wrote:
Monkee lieks to bumble about like a ghey bee

You are ghey, now leave this thread unless you want to suggest a laptop to me Smile

Say
I suggest the ghey laptop for ghey people ... because i kill ur fase!

Hungover Engie
*Warning! May be link of fail.*

http://www.fujits..._3553.html

I have this one and it rocks fucking ass!!! It runs TF2 on pretty much the highest specs and I get an erection everytime I open it.
The price wasn't too bad either.
www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

frosty

Say wrote:
I suggest the ghey laptop for ghey people ... because i kill ur fase!

hey would that be one of these? http://www.macwar...3godewIGSw

Jump to Forum