lol Love this ad funny Drunk
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

SCi-Fi
Innocent
homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/SCi-Fi.png

Rofl teh cake
Don't get it. What does BRING ON THE TRUMPETS mean? @_@

krakyn
I don't watch TV except for football, heros and top gear (most of which are ad less, gods bless the BBC) so I might be missing something but I suspect it means nothing and is simply a random phrase made up by someone to be catchy and repeated by people who see the ad generating loads of free publicity. This sort of thread and view figures for the youtube video is just what they want.
There has been a growing trend of these ads in the UK with various degrees of success, some of the ads have ended up being bigger than the product. I don't much like this one, that phrase is going to get old fast which wont stop louts shouting it but some are quite good even if they tend not to make me want to buy the product.

Rofl teh cake
So I was supposed to say: OMG THAT WAS SO RANDOM xD!!! ?

Yeah, you british with your humour....Fubar

sick-lizard
I'm british and still thought it was poo... Smile

krakyn
Its playing on the "...and now for something completely different" humour of Monty Python.
Unfortunately people are stupid and/or haven't actually watched Python so miss the whole low brow humour for high brow topics, high brow humour for low brow topics thing. The ministry of silly walks is funny in and of itself but is much better when you get the fact it is poking fun of government spending on things like concord.
Comedy in the UK today is in an odd place, so much tripe is aimed at the masses that the gems like Qi often get missed or put on at ridiculous time while worthless hacks like Harry Hill get prime time.
Here ends this section of my rant about TV and why I don't watch it, part of my greater rant; stupid people should be shot or at the very least treated like idiots as apposed to having their needs catered for.

Ramini

Krakyn wrote:
Comedy in the UK today is in an odd place, so much tripe is aimed at the masses that the gems like Qi often get missed or put on at ridiculous time while worthless hacks like Harry Hill get prime time.

I love you.

That idiot seems to be everywhere. I can't think of many other good shows on. I hardly ever turn my tv on now unless theres a film, QI, Top Gear or the somehow addictive Midsomer Murders (although it is far too predictable, 40 minutes in there will be a second murder.) I often go back to my dvds/youtube of some older shows though.

Edit: Ok, so that maybe is opposite to my last post, but if these random things appear on the internet they become a meme or similar and get watched over and over. This is just Viral marketing and since it works I can't see it ending.

Edited by Ramini on 21-10-2008 17:50

Hungover Engie
At least you brits have a tv production to be proud of.
Pretty much everything norwegian made, be it commercial, tv shows or films is shit.

www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

Cpt Obvious
i think the best finnish show on tv at the moment is big brother..

NaughtyMe

Cpt Obvious wrote:

Fuck me, Finnish TV must be pretty poo then.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Raven
Monty Python= Gold Drunk
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Devilz Slave
i only know python's "Life of Brian", and that's really great Grin

Ramini
YouTube Video

My favourite Grin

Ok I give up, how do you embed?

Thanks..sick I guess for doing it, but now I notice it wasn't the version I first saw, replaced now

Edited by Ramini on 22-10-2008 02:16

sick-lizard
& what do we do to witches?

Say
Sad

tomregev
I have a soft spot for British tv, Monty Python were godly, Top Gear is awesome, anything with James Nesbitt is usually good, little britain also had some good moments but it got pretty repetitive.

alecom

NaughtyMe wrote:

Cpt Obvious wrote:

Fuck me, Finnish TV must be pretty poo then.

Roll yeah

Jump to Forum