cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Revenge of the Sandwich
SCi-Fi
I had a look at naughty's brilliant pics and thought i could have a go!

Our heavy, is still searching for soemwhere to eat his sandwich!
This time hes got the better of the Scout!

homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/gmod/pl_badwater0013.jpg

Edited by SCi-Fi on 13-10-2008 20:55

homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/SCi-Fi.png

NaughtyMe
Nice first attempt. You know now what a bitch they are to position!

Do you want some constructive criticism, I'm not going to be rude about it, just some friendly criticism?
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Rofl teh cake
Alright, if that's a first attempt, good job, I don't think would be able to do it better, don't have this Gmod thing you young people use.

And now for some criticism. The camera angle. I personally don't think it fits very well, because you don't get alot of emotion of it. And now to the emotions in this picture. I personally can't find any in their faces or in their body language. The scout seems to have a little bit of twitching in his face, but I really can't recognize what he's trying to show. And his body... it looks like his body is dead and his hand is glued to the baseball-bat.

Alright, continuing tommorow.

MESER
Cool concept mateSmile

You can see parts of the map you weren't meant to like the no draw building roofs, but I can see that would be hard not too aiming for this height.

Edited by MESER on 13-10-2008 21:53

NaughtyMe
Right here we go:

1. Body poses - get the bodies in more or less "natural" positions. Here the Scouts body would be hanging more to his left, dragged down by gravity.
2. Tilt the Heavy more towards the Scout.
3. Finger posing - don't overlook the simpler things, people notice. Get the fingers to grip weapons, people more naturally. Rofl's right, it looks like the Scout is stuck to the bat.
4. Face poser - pose a nice look of horror on the Scout, perhaps an evil smile on the Heavy. Don't over-do the limits otherwise you get really weird faces.
5. Camera view - give the camera more freedom - give it a twist. View and view again. Perhaps this would have been better with a more top down feel.
6. SuperDOF - you get better feel for distance if you blur the background a little and exaggerate the nice colouring and action on the characters.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Mike
Nice one Sci-Fi Smile

I hardly have the patience to fiddle with poses in gmod. I just like to blow stuff up.

Raven
awesome sci fi, gmod is useful to pass the time Wink
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Rofl teh cake
Someone give it to me as a present, I'd love to express all the effin creativity jammed in my body. My only valve for that is masturbating. Lots of masturbating.

spaceboy
Are you telling us that you're masturbating in a variety of creative ways Cake?

SCi-Fi
thanks to all..

I did take a few other shots but a few didnt have the lunch packet in them, like this shot. Ive had gmod alittle while but always building stupid stuff, but when i saw naughties stuff i thought i can do something like that but with humour.

I know next time to get more of the faces, but some of the shots didnt hold all the information in them that i wanted..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/g...er0025.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/g...er0012.jpg

Edited by SCi-Fi on 14-10-2008 14:59

Rofl teh cake
Way better than the first one.

But there is still the "scout-dead-body" problem. X)
On the first one I'd put a smile on the heavies face. His body is alright.

The second one....yeah, that's more like it. The scout looks like he's screaming like a bitch, me likes, fits to the situation. Dead body, dead body.

If I were you, I'd do the first angle in reverse position, means, you look up to the heavy, the scouts face tilted a little bit towards camera, with the bitchface, so you can still see he's dead scared and the heavies face, with a smile. Big smile. Good times smile. Communism-works-smile.

Yeah, don't know if that's possible...but meh, my vision. X)

SCi-Fi
Ive been at it again and here is the results, Ive redone the scene and i think this is better..

Ive called it "Lets Negotiate!"

Tell me which you prefer, as ive taken 6 shots from different anles..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/g.../sandvich/

Edited by SCi-Fi on 14-10-2008 19:27

spaceboy
Personally I like 0030 best. It still might need a little bit of work on the hands/fingers to make it look like the heavy is actually gripping the scout and the scout gripping the bag (I don't know if this is a tremendous pain in the ass as I've never used GMod Wink ... but other than that I think it's a big improvement over the original. Good job! Grin

Rofl teh cake
Excellent.

Jump to Forum