cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Rate it
Rofl teh cake
Hey,

Intel Pentium 4 540, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)
Asus P5GD1 (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Radeon X1650 Series Secondary (512 MCool
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

I'd like to get some advice by people who have a clue of upgrading PC's..
This one has been following me for 2 years, so what do you think?

gori11a
A quick fix would be a new graphics card and more ram, things must be a bit slow with only 512MB, 2 gig of PC3200 would help loads.

Plus one of ATI / AMDs new 4000 series graphics cards would really boost your gaming performancePfft

What rating does your power supply have if you know?
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

CenTinela
PIV 3.2GHz Northwood + 512MB on a really bad mobo & 6600 256MB RAM here.

So not bad, but im looking for new one.

Rofl teh cake
kekeke, me too. X) Got about 500€ in my pockets but can't blast them, going to America in the summer and I'll blow everything for money...let's see what happens with christmas.

Gorilla: I don't know what my powersupply says, but I went to a computer store to ask them for some RAM..they opened my pc case and told me it'd be impossible since there are some black dots on the main boards and if I change something in the setup in there, my computer will asplode (or break down). They told me to ride it as long as possible, but it will die prolly in spring next year...we could as well close this thread, thanks for the advices. X)

sick-lizard
black dots = Blown cap's? or do u smell some bs somwhere?

Mr G

Rofl teh cake wrote:
I'll blow everything for money...

this will make leeroy happy Pfft

Don Pedro
blow some black dots for money?

i like the cake

gori11a

sick-lizard wrote:
black dots = Blown cap's? or do u smell some bs somwhere?

StrangeFrown
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Rofl teh cake
Sorry for the innuendos, they were an accident....there is no smell, but the stuff on the mainboard, which look like little towers has black dots on it and they told me to get a new mainboard, but I prefer getting a new pc...maybe I'll open the case and make some pics, lets see.

sick-lizard
sounds like blown caps.. these can be replaced,

your motherboard will slowly fail as it puts further strain on the rest of the components.

I would start looking at new bits sooner rather than later. Of course if you know somebody who is a dab hand at soldering you can get the caps replaced with ones of equal value. But the work isn't for the feint hearted as one slip with the tip of the hot iron could take out a couple of the tracks on the board!

Edited by sick-lizard on 26-06-2008 15:03

Jump to Forum