cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
New update :( cool axe though lol
Tinger
Friday, June 06 2008

storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1608/img/axtinguisher.jpg

We've almost completely wrapped up the next big release for Team Fortress 2, which will focus on the Pyro class, along with the Meet the Sniper movie. We've spent time looking at how the recent Medic release went, and have rolled feedback from that release into the new item designs for the Pyro and into the design of the achievements required to unlock those items. One item, shown here in concept form, will be the Axtinguisher. Although it does about half of normal damage to standard run-of-the-mill non-burning enemies, once you light someone on fire the Axtinguisher will guarantee a critical hit.

Along with all of the new content, we're also going to be making some significant changes to the Pyro class for everyone, regardless of whether they have unlocked any new items.

Steam update news

ShiftyJaffa
Look's good, I can see how a 'quick weapon change script' would make this quite deadly. As usual... when do we get it ffs!! Angry

Sammage
I gotta say, the pyro is a mad genius inventor. First the gas-powered flamethrower, now the stone axehead wrapped in barbed wire axtinguisher.

MESER
Will the melee weapon upgrades be the last unlock like the medic?

Tinger
Hope not pyro needs that axe

Along with all of the new content, we're also going to be making some significant changes to the Pyro class for everyone, regardless of whether they have unlocked any new items.

Now thats interesting

jem58
The pyro is often seriously underpowered, so hopefully they don't go too far the other way either Pfft

Sammage
Yeah I quite enjoy pyro as it is, the comic relief class in a game of comic relief classes. The skills you need to play them succesfully are THE tf2 skills, surprise, chaos, teamwork, and co-ordination. I like the simplicity in play and I hope they don't do too much to him. The major thing he needs is to be heavy, that would help him out SO much.

And they can be pretty vicious!
nova.no-ip.biz/zarquon/images/huddah.jpg
That was today, and hilarious. We actually spawn camped blue with three pyros for quite a bit, but we didn't realise while we were doing that the people out of spawn were decimating our team Grin

Mr G

jem58 wrote:
The pyro is often seriously underpowered, so hopefully they don't go too far the other way either Pfft

Thats reverse psychology because it the fourth most played class on the server Devil

Ramini

Mr G wrote:

jem58 wrote:

Thats reverse psychology because it the fourth most played class on the server Devil

Only on average ofc. #9 most of the time, #1 when Agrippa is present.

I've started playing Pyro since someone posted a how to play pyro video, I've only had about 4 hours on it compared to 10 times that for most other classes since I never liked it but now I've learnt to not rely on the flamethrower at all I'm really enjoying it. Flame a group of people and run, use the shotgun and the axe for actually killing people.

Cpt Obvious
hnn pyro, the only class that i feel completely useless as. Smile

Now where are the spy and demo achievements? :/

Jump to Forum