cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Hard Drive freezing
Raven
EVerythings change but its still doing it...

Got steam and tf2 installed on a seperate hard drive from windows, and when im playing tf2 it freezes after a period of time and my comp locks up and i have to restart or turn off te comp for it to work

Any suggesstions ow to fix it ty Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Don Pedro
bin it. burn the house down. start again

agrippa
don having a good day clearly..

I had something similar a while back. It could be the HD lockign up but for me it was the cables linking the hard drive that had gone bad. Before my HD crshed i heard a sort of click/clunk, a little like the sound that a finger makes if you flick it aganit a wall.

ANyway, if that sounds familiar then its the cables.

Raven
Cheers bud ill have a look when get back home Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

nicolastheadept
LOL Agrippa, I had the same problem. I thought Windows was messing up until I checked in the BIOS and noticed that the hard drive wasn't always appearing there. Swapped it onto a different SATA connection and it works perfectly Smile

Say

AgrippA wrote:
don having a good day clearly..

I had something similar a while back. It could be the HD lockign up but for me it was the cables linking the hard drive that had gone bad. Before my HD crshed i heard a sort of click/clunk, a little like the sound that a finger makes if you flick it aganit a wall.

ANyway, if that sounds familiar then its the cables.

i've got a bowl of fingers I like to flick at the wall. So I wholey know what this noise is.

:rol:

Leeroy
filthy girl?

sick-lizard

Reita wrote:
EVerythings change but its still doing it...

Got steam and tf2 installed on a seperate hard drive from windows, and when im playing tf2 it freezes after a period of time and my comp locks up and i have to restart or turn off te comp for it to work

Any suggesstions ow to fix it ty Smile

put hard drive somewhere slightly warmer, your hard drive is too cold if its freezing ..

Say

Leeroy wrote:
filthy girl?

There was no innuendo in that one Pfft

Leeroy
Grin is that a no ur a filthy girl or a yes? moo ha ha

Say
No response Smile

Leeroy
omg I so win! weeeee

Say
you don't win... there is *nothing* to win!

Leeroy
Hmmm.....

Say
now I win ...

Jump to Forum