I did, and it didn't work Sad

RebelRobert
Awh, too bad.. how much does it cost then? xD

Acegikmo
420 kr on steam o.O
(Didn't know it was that expensive)

Edited by Acegikmo on 30-04-2008 23:41

Fallen Seraph
I don't ususally find myself objecting to the content of games. I'm down with manhunt and GTA and all that. But I gotta say that I find myself pretty freaked out by a game that is, basically, about an on-going war. I found myself pretty unnerved going around the levels and thinking "jeez, some guy with a wife and kids probably has to do this for a living..."

Also, it's not fun. Which discourages me. It's ALL about who sees who first. Like, as long as you can aim a gun straight the actual firing is just a formality. Players far too fragile for it to be enjoyable.

Acegikmo
I think you should be able to play games without taking it too serious, even if the events in a game a similar to events that has happened, or are happening.

And yeah, It's quite easy to kill people online.
I think that's why I play it, it goes fast, and is a nice game to play when you don't have anything else to do.

Singleplayer campaign is great though Smile

Fallen Seraph

Acegikmo wrote:
I think you should be able to play games without taking it too serious, even if the events in a game a similar to events that has happened, or are happening.

I know, I know. It's just banging away on a keyboard like a cowboy pretending to do something that, in reality, is probably scaring shitless people who have trained for a sizable fraction of their lives for such a situation. Basically, I really, really don't envy soldiers in iraq their position and so pretending to be one doesn't appeal to me.

agrippa
Zero punctuation review of CoD4 nailed it when its talks abotu where the game is set:

"the US Marines posted in unspecifiedestan.."

Also the bit about the region being so unstable that if it was set in a real country then its possible that by the time teh game comes out the whole country could be a water park.. Smile

Fionny
I played online and its ruddy good fun, well worth the money, might go back to it for a bit with all this medic malarky actually!

TinyT
Baghdad is getting a disneyworld'ish fun park Grin

Me going to sarge school in next week I have to say, CoD doesn't even come close to reality (ok maybe in american soldiers being arrogant, semi-retarded triggerhappy soldiers). Other than that it's nothing more than a game depicting a "worst case scenario." One thing it does good is recreate the chaos that exists in a clash between Unspecifiedistans guerilla and american soldiers

Edit: forgot: ZP rules (ok I'ma go kill the fanboy now)

Edited by TinyT on 01-05-2008 01:59

We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

FuZz
I still dabble a bit with cod4, never take it aprticularly seriously though. I just find it fun playing to increase my level and unlock all the really cool guns and character perks you get later on.

I guess that's the MMO player in me talking Smile
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Mr G

FuZz wrote:
I guess that's the MMO player in me talking Smile

Wow youve had him in that long, are nt you a little sore by now?

Jump to Forum