cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
What's in the update - get ready for a spy shock
NaughtyMe
Team Fortress 2: Gold Rush Update Available
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source Engine

* Improved particle performance on multi-core machines
* Added FOV slider to Options | Video | Advanced for all games (moved there from TF2"™s multiplayer options)
* Fixed surround sound initialization problems with new speaker modes defined in Vista

Team Fortress 2

* Added Goldrush
* Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu
* Added 39 Medic achievements
* Added unique Medic items:
o The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw
* Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
* Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman
* Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode
o Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps
* Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
* Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points
* Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions
* Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target
* Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly up when a new round starts
* Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers
* Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health
* Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons
* Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn't be lit on fire from the front
* Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was previously on fire
* Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
* Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing
* Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements
* For mapmakers:
o Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken
o Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable
o Added "AddRedTeamScore" and "AddBlueTeamScore" inputs to tf_gamerules
o Added "SetRequiredObserverTarget" input to tf_gamerules. Force spectators to use the specified viewpoint
* Granary
o Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle
o Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue's gate signs
o Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns
* 2Fort
o Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways
o Added small ammo and health to top of spiral
o Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck
o Fixed number "2" overlay on front of red base not being assigned to the brush face

The spy shock if that was too long - no more tele effects trailing after them - I guess that means now that we no longer have to yell at IDIOT spies Wink - Oh fuck that means AgrippA will be around the front lines a lot quicker...
ALSO Disguised spies can capture and defend cp's...watch out for Dustbowl 3-2 now!!!!

Edited by NaughtyMe on 30-04-2008 02:40

click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Clever Idiot
You missed the biggest update from valve mate :/

If you are running the server on windows server 2003 you cant run a server with more than 2 people before it hangs , does nt crash hangs the process at 100% cpu useSmile w00t w00t valve glad to see ya on the ball again Smile

Its just taken an hour to recover the server from 100% cpu on the two servers running. Some server admins are requesting hard resets from there re sellers to get back into their boxes.

Pure class valve. I can feel hair loss on a donic proportion coming on.

*Edit* new update to fix absolutely nothing still crashing - passworded the servers till a fix comes out.

Edited by Clever Idiot on 30-04-2008 04:13

TinyT

Notice the "own team" Pfft just a regular bug fix nothing more
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

agrippa

TinyT wrote:

Notice the "own team" Pfft just a regular bug fix nothing more

thats not a bug fix as such, its a feature that the community requested afaik...

Also im not 100% sure but im reliably infored that the backstab animation has been speeded up. I assume itd sortof referenced in this line::

* Added new attack animations to most melee weapons

Anyway, ill test extensivly tonight. If its true AND the spys now using teleporters than quite frankly you are all in the shit...

Anyone had a burn on payload ye? i saw teh intro video for it on youtube earlier and the ending to the 3rd map looks cool.

Edited by agrippa on 30-04-2008 08:58

TinyT
Myeah, it should've been like that from the beginning. So meh feature / bugfix / whatever, it's now as it shuold be Pfft
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

agrippa
Amen TinyT

Edited by agrippa on 30-04-2008 08:57

Acegikmo

naughtyme wrote:
* Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
o Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map.
o Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable

Sentries in the map?
Awesome.

Also, tf_gamerules in map, finally.

agrippa
they left the achievements unlockable by teh dev console so you can create a script to complete all teh achievements without ever going into a game. I have no shame in saying ive done this so i don have to play medic for hours on end and piss everyone off.

Anyone wants a how-to, gimmie a shout on steam.

Edited by agrippa on 30-04-2008 10:27

Clever Idiot
Pfft as per valve borked any addons/mods any nore S-OP uses to manage a single server nevermind a host of them.....

I no longer get surpised by this after 8 years , but it still makes me weep - such a simple thing as a night of beta testing would remove all this bad press and looking like a 3rd rate whore house without any prossie in it.

*Edit* Oh servers are up and running, how good they will run under the new load problems will have to wait and see.

Not working - MetaMod and SourceMod , so no stats , no adimn etc.

Edited by Clever Idiot on 30-04-2008 10:52

NaughtyMe
AgrippA - there is no need to run a script, you can write 3 lines and get all the weapons.

Actually, I'm kind of half-tempted to run the lines for the achievement milestones and leave the rest to complete normally for fun.

I do play medic...but as and when needed basis. I think the unlocking of weapons has been poorly implemented, and I do not want to particularly participate in the medic parties. Therefore, may be I'll unlock the weapons and this will give me the options of completing the main achievements properly.

And before anyone cries cheat, cheat...it's nothing of the sort, you don't even need to type in "sv_cheats 1" to do it.
click->

agrippa
im sure ppl will cry cheat cheat but tbh i dont care. i dont feel its any differnt than standing on a server and padding ou thte achievement which i was helping ppl do earlier. Its a personal thing, when spy comes along ill feel an element of professional pride in trying to get all the unlocks but the other classes im not so fussed.

Perhaps if the dev console route isnt fixed its a tacit nod from valve that its ok (but i doubt they will leave it).

RebelRobert
Well, i dont think i will ever accoplish those achiements, would love to get my hands on that code/script

NaughtyMe
Check your PM Rebel - I don't know why I'm being secretive about it, it's all over the official forums and no-one has locked those threads.
click->

Cpt Obvious
i gotta admit that i too will never ever get all the achievements done, im glad if i even get the crit medigun.

I will try to get it the legal way but if i cant ill search for the unlock commands.
Critzreag or how it was typed sounds soo much fun.

Fallen Seraph
I won't lie: I think I'm gonna go for the console option. Frankly, it sounds ideal.

I DO want to get all the unlocks legit, cause I find it fun to play medic. But at the same time I just can't wait to try out the new weapons. I gotta say I'm pretty pleased with this functionality. It's definately gonna keep me out of stat padding.

Edited by Fallen Seraph on 30-04-2008 13:05

NaughtyMe
DevilD-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dddddouble post

Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass

click->

Mr G
'Ya see a true killer would have asked what the little red button does'

Fionny
I cant be arsed with achievments tbh i think they take alot of the fun away from a game for me because i get cranky trying to do them. Naughty any chance of a PM with the console lines?

Ill make no appologies either for this so there!.... Smile

Fallen Seraph

naughtyme wrote:
DevilD-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dddddouble post

Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass

Mr G wrote:'Ya see a true killer would have asked what the little red button does'

I haven't the foggiest what either of you two good gentlemen are talking about Cool (or how that happened :confused: )

Edited by Fallen Seraph on 30-04-2008 14:01

Cpt Obvious
ok its cheating time, if anyone knows the command to unlock ONLY the weapons but no other achievements please pm it to me. Smile

Jump to Forum