cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
External Caddy
Mr G
Am looking at getting a external caddy for a dvd-rw and hard drive, wondering if anyone has any reviews / exp of using them.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produc...tID=382287

agrippa
ive got a number of external drives and one external dvd-rw. Each of the enclosures was made by a differnt company and none of them were expsneive or have anything other than basic functionality. They all do the job, no complaints so i would personally be unwilling to buy a spcial one with extra bells and whistles. Most of the time my external drives are on an "closed" shelf above just above my computer so they are for the most part out of sight, so any lights and stuff to look cool would be a little lost on me.

just my 2p worth.

Edited by agrippa on 20-04-2008 20:10

CenTinela
My dad has one on a 120GB sata HD.

It runs fine, on my comp there is no diference between using the hd inside or outside.

mrbreckles
Just to confirm what's been said i guess.
I have a basic enclosure, you just wack the drive in, turn it on, and it does the job.
Go for something that simply does the job.

crash
just got a 1TB one Grin

gori11a
Looks nice Mr G

This would be my pick (no screws) easy install just open a doorGrin

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/product_inf...9bfd6ed5fe

Looks good to

Just noticed it's SATA not IDE sorry:uhoh:

Edited by gori11a on 21-04-2008 19:04

if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Mr G
Its just the fact of easy use to plug a DVD rom into the PC via firewire rather than ripping IDE cable out of the machine (only 1 channel which has 2 HDD internal already) Smile

Was more the case does 5.25 as spec differ dependant on the type. This i'll give it a wrill and if not can slip a HDD in it, maybe rig a cable of the IDE plug inside Smile

Anyone seen those new atom Asus laptops ver 2 coming out soon, they look pretty nice for a portable. Depends how much they sell for here. $529 in the states Drunk sry OT

Jump to Forum