cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Microphone issues
TinyT
Well, to put it frank it just won't work. My brand new razer piranha headset works fine, tested it on my laptop and it's fine there.

So now I'm left with the ports / my soundcard... rly don't know which one it is since both my ports seems to be non-responsive and I can't find any problems with the soundcard

Need a bit of help here Sick Searched the net but appearently I suck at finding things on google (couldn't find an anwer even after 1 hour worth of search)
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

Acegikmo
I had problems with my mic too.
I solved it by plugging in the headphones in the soundcard and the mic in the motherboard.

ShiftyJaffa
If you have 2 sound devices, you should really disable one first, probably the onboard sound, by going into the bios at startup.

It may be that you have the wrong default recording device set, in vista this is in control panel, then sounds, then recording tab. XP is similar area, but not sure where. It maybe set to line in or spdif in etc instead of mic.

TinyT
Got vista and disabled one, still nothing... gonna buy a new sound card or something, or just toss it to a true geek I know. He loves tinkering with hardware Pfft
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

Flying
Vista can be a total bitch to get the microphone working. I've been there before, three times. I always forget how do it, well not really because I always have to mess about with all the settings until it works. It's not your soundcard, it really is Vista.
Control yourself
Take only what you need from him

FuZz
Mine's been fucked since I started using Vista too, but only on ingame comms. It's fine on vent, which I use more, so I don;t really care that much Pfft
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Clever Idiot
What happens when microsoft stop supporting sound cards , wait till sp3 hits for XP so many sound cards will stop functioning. So a heads up to some people with XP and install SP3, recommend backing up first you might need to go back to sp2 untill manufacturers can make some updates.

sick-lizard
bah now my mike has dropped out.. twas working happily under vista 64bit

Jump to Forum