cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
The edge-taunt trick
Acegikmo
You might have seen me do those walking taunts a few times.
Here's how to do it:

1. Stand on a ledge where you are able to fall down.
2. Run to the edge, and right before you fall; taunt!
3. Walk around.

If it worked, you should have seen the tauntcam flash, then you get the normal first person view. You don't see it yourself, but others do Smile

Another thing I did, was to bind a key to taunt, then quickswitch, so you taunt holding the wrong weapon.

Here's how to make that button:

bind h "taunt;lastinv"
Replace h with the key you want

You will do the taunt animation like the weapon you held when you pressed the button, but you will hold the weapon that is in the quickswitch.

Here's a little list of some fun taunts.
Those marked with a * means that you do the taunt-quickswitch trick.

1. Crotch bombs - Taunt with a demo holding the grenade launcher, then shoot while taunting
2. Engi dance - Taunt with the engineer holding the shotgun
3. Heavy with style * - Hold the fists whilst having the minigun in the quickswitch. Shoot for added awesomeness. (He hold the minigun in one hand and reaches forward)
4. Scout stepping - Taunt with the pistol
5. Flying demo - Use the sticky launcher and taunt. When you land, sticky jump, and you will do a nice spin in the air.
6. Sideway flaming - This one can actually be used to confuse people. Taunt with the flamethrower, then fire while taunting.
7. Finger spinning minigun * - Classic. Taunt with the shotgun, having the minigun in quickswitch

That's it for now Smile
Happy taunting!

crash
hahha u really did your homework on this ace.. hahha Grin

Acegikmo
Yeah, It's a fun thing to do while you wait for the setup time to end.
Everyone should do it! (Except medics and/or engineers)

Armacoast
Yep.. btw thx for the real time teaching that night. I thought that valve fixed that glitch already. Nice work mateCoolCoolCool
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

Jump to Forum