cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
W00t!
sick-lizard
Due to my gf being very nice & agreeing to sponsor me should I run out of funds at the end of the month I have just ordered.

OCZ 4GB (2x2GCool PC2-8000C5 1000MHz ReaperX HPC Enhanced Bandwidth Edition Dual Channel DDR2 (OCZ2RPX10004GK)
Asus P5E Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Thermalright Ultra-120A CPU Cooler (Socket AM2/LGA775)
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSCool - OEM

hopefully city link permitting they should arrive tommorrow Smile

& thanks for Fuzz for lending a gfx card until I can add a suitible one in about a month!

Cold
suits you sir!

very nice!!! so thats where the paypal link really goes to then... Pfft

FuZz
You're welcome mate. But there is some bad news, I know you were expecting an x850...but unfortunately that isn't what my old card is.

You're going to have to make do with..... an x1950 XT Grin

hahaha had you going for a second there Pfft
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

nax23
woot u got an excellent gf sickDevilShock

nicolastheadept
Nice, that processor is a beast Cool
I got a 8800GT from overclockers for around £115, was a one week offer though Sad

vista x64 or XP pro x64?
I went for Vista, runs perfectly for me. BTW there are no plans for a service pack for XP x64 :no:

sick-lizard

nax23 wrote:
woot u got an excellent gf sickDevilShock

She's makes me happy Smile although she is slightly dubious about Free & I, spending time together lol..but who isn't!

Giggleol:Giggleol:Giggleol:Giggleol:Giggleol:

nicolastheadept wrote:
Nice, that processor is a beast Cool
I got a 8800GT from overclockers for around £115, was a one week offer though Sad

vista x64 or XP pro x64?
I went for Vista, runs perfectly for me. BTW there are no plans for a service pack for XP x64 :no:

looking at ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 1024MB hopefully sometime after i get paid & Free has fallen in Love with vista64 so will hopefully be able to get a copy delivered at some point over this weekend & give it a go Smile

gori11a
Hey about time sick nice one, good choice of ram i have the same 4gig kit:yes:
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

sick-lizard
Tracking shows its scheduled for delivery tomorrow on citylinks site & they have it..now lets hope there delivery staff can find me!

News Flash! OcUK have decided to do Intels planned future price drop nearly a month early which now means OcUK has the lowest prices in the UK on the Intel Q6600 Quad Core Processor with prices from just £119.99+VAT for OEM and £121.99+VAT for Retail.

gori11a
Ah i dont feel to bad i paid £130+vat at the beginning of the year
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

nicolastheadept
Awww, I got my Q6600 a few weeks ago from OcUK.

sick-lizard
Well all the kit has just arrived.. so now to backup some data & do some prep Smile

Clever Idiot
k chap , up after a []p and (___)__________))))

just woke up Pfft

Edited by Clever Idiot on 29-03-2008 12:36

sick-lizard
well it all went well, running at 8 x 450fsb = 3.6ghz, 30 - 32oC idle, load 53oC, feels like night & day compared to running 1 x 32bit core @2.4ghz lol

Cold
awesome Grin

FuZz
Nice mate Grin
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

sick-lizard
just ordered http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpro...=GX-087-PC nearly finished the slowest PC build in the world Smile

Mr G
w00t! very nice

sick-lizard
its arrived ...now if only my boss would let me go home with some kind of illness...

Mr G
Fuzz working today ? am sure he would give you a poke in da eye Pfft

sick-lizard
yeah he arrived about an hour ago with the sole intention of doing as little work as possible Smile

Jump to Forum