cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
HALP!
Say
Need some input from people.

Going *back* to university next year. Been mulling this over for quite some time.

Need a uni with a good art dept. Good area. Nice people and a good nightlife. Anyone have some suggestions?

Got a couple in mind but have no idea where to start Pfft

FuZz
Based solely on the city itself and people/nightlife etc I'd recommend one of the Brizzle uni's, but I have absolutely no idea how their art departments compare to other unis in the country...
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Say
yeh, but which one?

I heard there was one good one in Bristol and one absolutely dire one Pfft (I have no idea which is which)

Bios
i dont know what its like now but the art dept in gloucester uni used to be excellent..........by used to be i mean abotu 30 years ago when my parents went there Pfft
server2.uploadit.org/files/mrbios-biossig.jpg

CenTinela
UP Valencia Pfft

militant camel
A friend of my mum's did an art degree at Edinburgh and seemed to like it. Not sure how it compare's to the rest though...

FuZz

Say wrote:
yeh, but which one?

I heard there was one good one in Bristol and one absolutely dire one Pfft (I have no idea which is which)

Not really, depends a lot on the subject you do.

I went to Bristol (as opposed to UWE), as Bristol science department is kick-ass. That said, I know a lot fo people that loved UWE doing different courses.
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

crash
manchester or liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes::yes:Moonigrazz:Moonigrazz::yes::yes:Moonigrazz:Moonigrazz:

Say
well it'd either be Graphic Design followed by a PGCE or Fine Art followed by a PGCE.

I've been looking on a few websites but they're just there to big themselves up - just after a few personal experiences.

Then I need to go visit the damn places -_-

Locke
Try stuff like Bristol, Bath, Southhampton.

Bath's abit quiet but bristol has an excellente night life, and i've had good things about southhampton.

Avoid London if you can, I live there when not at uni so unless you wanna pay £3.20 a pint and 7-8k a year in acomidation, Stay the hell away (Great uni's though).

Edited by Locke on 10-03-2008 22:39

Say
Yeh the cousin went to Goldsmith's in london - only because the cow had money.

She recommended going to look at it but I saw St. Martin's the other year and that was a shithole inside a shithole and that was when I was looking at doing textile construction.

Locke
tbh I would highly recomend campus universitys if possible, The atmosphere is so much better and the SU's tend to be better.

Plus you don't have to waste time fucking about getting from one part of the city to another as it's all on the same campus.

Clever Idiot
I'm to thick for Uni so dont ask me. Cool

Don Pedro
i was born in a shoebox, we ate rat feaces for pudding. couldnt afford uni

Locke
Student loan baby. Greatest thing, Ever.

The Majority of mine has gone on Booze and a Digital Camera. Grin Pft, Who needs to eat. Liquid Lunches are the way forward Pfft

Edited by Locke on 10-03-2008 23:07

Raven
lol going to uni aswell this year aswell if i can get the grades xD Solent Southampton is pretty decent for graphics design as ithe comp rooms there are pretty good Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Jump to Forum