cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
A few tips and tricks for winning a TF2 match
Acegikmo
Me and my friend (Leifalot) has talked alot about tactics that's normally not used.
We thought of a few things, and some we noticed by mistake.
Here's a little list of tactics you can use in a clanmatch:

1. Cloakrush/Ninjacap: A classic one. A spy waits at a control point ahead as the rest of the team captures the previous one. This can in some cases work well Smile

2. Medic+Medic über: This is really a fun way of winning if you are in the attacking team. Leifalot and I joined a server one night and just messed around out of total boredom. We both played medic, and got out übers up. We were going to see how the enemy reacted if there were 2 medics übercharging eachother, doing nothing, standing at their spawn. We got our team to win multiple times by doing that! The defending team didn't defend, they just looked at us and waited for out übers to fade Grin This might work in a clangame if you're close to capturing the last point. And even if it doesn't work, it sure is fun to do it Wink

3. Spy teamwork: If you're in the attacking team, and you need to get past some sentries, talk to the spy or spies in your team, and make sure they sap the enemy sentries at the same time you walk out there. Sentries can ruin a nice medic+pyro über, and this is the cure for that.

4. Scout surprize: Playing scout on a map like dustbowl, and you're defending, people don't expect you. It's a great place to bring out your baseball bat and run into people's faces. And yeah, melee is a good weapon (Ask [Ci] Raven)

I might add more to this later, if I find out anything good to add Smile

NaughtyMe
1. Is seen regularly on Dustbowl Stage 3 - and despite regulars telling new people to the server, this happens usually to a chorus of "lame win"....which it is.

p.s. Have you got some secret love for Raven?

Acegikmo
No, he has some secret love for killing me all the time Grin

Raven
ol Pfft i kinda shovel him alot Wink dont we ace Pfft
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Acegikmo
Yeah, around every corner there's a melee weapon :uhoh:

Raven
lol x) im using melee weapons more probably to save ammo xD
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Jump to Forum