cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
mmmm storage
Tinger
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produc...tID=696370

2 terabyte hard drives and your ready to go Grin

Clever Idiot
just under 1 tb in the machine now , am so lazy but its there fault they make them so cheap now a'days.

FuZz
I already currently have 2x1TB HD's raided in my current machine Wink
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

sick-lizard
hhmm & one of my 1/2 tb raid 0 stripes has just died waaahh

Clever Idiot
yeah man was there for that final conclusion of 500 gig of data dead and lost.... very pants

Tinger
Its the nas storage part i like Wink so my puters dont have to be on for me to access everthing around the house Cool

It also keeps the storage harddrives out of my computer to keep the evil heat away

Clever Idiot
bonus if ya a pc in each room Smile oh the misses whould freak.

HD's sit around 20-22c

with 4 in now my system temp is 23c

and cpu is 16c atm

Tinger
Na i use modded xboxes Wink

Clever Idiot
yeah what a great idea of recycling old consoles when the next gen's come out.

Cold
free, think ur CPU reading may be wrong... as that is below RT. System temp is very low as well... jealous Pfft

Clever Idiot
ya think Smile

bios , and speedfan say its the same...

jwele beta core temp prog has it around +4c high than them.

If you know of another i would love to test it as temp's i cant even belive.

under load the programmes add to the same amount a increase of +4c underload.

put it this way my gf complains that its freezing next to my PC. you can feel the air move and love blowing smoke over the top to see the pretty swirls Smile

Edited by Clever Idiot on 23-02-2008 15:58

Tinger

freelancer wrote:
bonus if ya a pc in each room Smile oh the misses whould freak.

HD's sit around 20-22c

with 4 in now my system temp is 23c

and cpu is 16c atm

put the heating on it must cold

sick-lizard
temps look fine from here on free's rig... 5 x 120 mm & 1 x 200mm fans the 8xxx series cpu's are getting very nice temps & clocks

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/s...p?t=177903

Cold
Apparently the dual cores as a general series have problems with temp monitoring... I have heard 'add 15C and ur at the right temp' being said many a time...

Can't cool below the temp of the air around the components lol, do you feel icy cold when you open the case? Pfft

sick-lizard
please post links to sources Smile

Cold
umm... several forums etc where I have questioned the fast that my CPU temp is below room temp (which is impossible), and I have been told to add 15.

Really CBA to trawl through the internet in order to find answers to posts I made ages ago...:no:

It is actually impossible for the CPU to be below ambient temps with air cooling though... ambient being around 22C

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/2...ture-guide

Edited by Cold on 23-02-2008 17:33

sick-lizard
free has a wolfdale core ..which run a lot cooler than the previous genaeration, it is impossible to get below the source temp of your air.. but case temp is different to room which maybe why his cpu temps are below case temps if the air being supplied to the cpu is mostly sourced from free's 2 x 120mm fans blowing straight on to that Thermalright Ultra 120 Smile

Edited by sick-lizard on 23-02-2008 19:50

-un-faithful
i was round MrG's pad today and i gotta say you could chill beer in the G's pooter, i swear.
i had the side of his cab off and stuck my hand in there and it's cold..... wind-chill and all that. mind you he has got a lot of big fans in there..it could double up as a hand-dryer\beer fridge maybe.
Chill =]

sick-lizard
Tom's Hardware shouldn't be trusted to much, in order to get the free kit to create there reviews they tend to be a bit over positive,

The guide you have picked out is for 65nm process & does seem to be well written, not sure how differently the 45nm process scales(the core 2 seem to be clocking btter than the quads at 45nm so perhaps there is a thermal capacity issue with cooling the new 45nm quads)

according to that toms hardware article..

(C) Offsets between Cores of up to 5c for Quad`s and 3c for Duo`s are normal.

Cold
OK mate Smile Don't wanna start any arguments or anything... and i didn't rea;lise it wasn't a conroe. Smile

Jump to Forum