cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Sniper Update
spaceboy
How exciting Grin ... I'm not sure how useful I'd find the Dead Ringer watch, unless you can have two cloaks at once Innocent I mean otherwise getting into a position where you're engaged with the enemy in order to get shot and fool them might come over as a bit obvious. I mean surely any spy that is trying to run through the line uncloaked must have one of those thingies Smile Maybe you could play more of a revolver biased spy and take people on at the front line until they get a shot off, at which point you move in behind them... sounds interesting anyway Grin I'm intrigued to see how that works with pyros and heavies.. or any other spray weapon to be honest, will you shimmer? If so it probably won't fool many people.

The Cloak & Dagger one sounds cool though Grin Although it'll really depend how quick it charges when you're standing still to make it worth giving up the standard cloak.

Both of these will make the standard cloak more effective though, should make it less obvious that spies are going for ammo packs and if you get in behind the enemy team they'll still be wasting time looking for you when you're already dead Grin

agrippa
spaceboy -> rejoice with me my spy brother Smile

Truth is your probably right about the usefulness, especially given how good most ci regs are at spy hunting/checking. I have a much harder time on CI than i do on just abotu every other server ive played on.

Still it will be alot of fun finding out how to use all the new kit.

Edited by agrippa on 15-05-2009 22:29

Cpt Obvious
I really like the new cloak ideas. different cloaks for different playstyles and maps.
For example turbine, often there are no weapons to pick or dispensers to leech from so run out of cloak, but no problem with C/D Smile

spaceboy
Indeed Grippy! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is going to be aweseome!!!.. for both us and anyone playing pyro Grin

Captain you raise a very good point, it could easily end up being map specific as turbine in particular I've always had trouble with for the reason you mentioned. Also I find it's a bit too linear and open with just a big deathmatch in the middle and no place to hide.. however, if we can now hide in plane sight... that could open up a whole new world of opportunities! Grin

BiGFooT

he's going to be last isn't he

Don't worry, the best is always served as last Smile

Leif
Woooo Grin Sniper + Spy = SuperMegaFunScoutTime Grin

tomregev
I'm gonna get this out of the way so we can have a better time on the server:

FUCK YOU SPACEBOY
FUCK YOU CAKE
FUCK YOU AGRIPPA
FUCK YOU ADAMN

That is all.

sick-lizard
what Tom said + 1, with lots of love love

NaughtyMe
Yeah - fuck you all - damn you all to hell...dirty spies and snipers...bane of my life...both.

I'm not going heavy for a little bit...
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

sick-lizard

NaughtyMe wrote:
Yeah - fuck you all - damn you all to hell...dirty spies and snipers...bane of my life...both.

I'm not going heavy for a little bit...

I fix, therefore I quote Grin

wolflordandy

AgrippA wrote:
especially given how good most ci regs are at spy hunting/checking. I have a much harder time on CI than i do on just abotu every other server ive played on.

I'll keep my flame thrower warm for you and spaceboy :]

tomregev
Can't wait to see all the new spies prancing around snipers to get the dead ringer to work, only to get a crit kukri to the face.

Mr G

tomregev wrote:
I'm gonna get this out of the way so we can have a better time on the server:

FUCK YOU SPACEBOY
FUCK YOU CAKE
FUCK YOU AGRIPPA
FUCK YOU ADAMN

That is all.

FUCK YOU RAVEN!!!

love

so they have finished the spy update then , wonder if they will bung in the last of the engi update as well Smile welcome to valves Class Chop Shop

tomregev
Oh right, how could I forget Raven?

Raven
Im liking the spy stuff will be useful on some maps Smile

fefe time: everyone forgets about me Emo Hair Pfft
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

wolflordandy
Anyone else got TF2 page on facebook?

Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update, Day 4

Day 4 of the Sniper update brings us... hold on, that's not... Holy hell. All those conspiracy theorists on the TF forum couldn't have been right all along, could they? When the Pyro hears about this she'll be inconsolable.

Notice the key word about the pyro Shock

tomregev
Yeah, I always assumed that at the end of meet the pyro he'll take of his mask to reveal he's Samus Aran. (I won't refer to the pyro as "she" until I see it, it doesn't feel right)

I fear the fanfiction.

Edited by tomregev on 16-05-2009 00:44

spaceboy
Ha ha ha HOOOOOOOT!!! Grin

Leif
Pyro comes from Sweden Grin

matswatz
No FUCK YOU MATS? I feel kinda unnoticed Frown

And Leif is actually a spy from Azerbaijan.

Jump to Forum