cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
wolflordandy
Start at level 3

Start with 1375

Unique items for the map, and some restrictions (no banshee's vale)

Page
Yea I was disappointed that it's just an announcement, whilst it's a cool announcement I still don't plan to get my hopes up until it's actually in the game. I know they say it will be shortly after PAX Prime but we'll see..

And for a TF to stomp there would need to be a good TF player at that level, along with him being much better in an organised team as well (which it won't be). Yorick I really don't see as being at all scarier than a Mord, and when Mord has a glass cannon ghost he'll have constantly full shield and health (if he has a hextech revolver at least) and also be dishing out crazy amounts of magic damage (to everyone who has built no MR). Just wait till you see a Mord farm up on some newbs in your team and become unkillable, it's not fun believe me Sad

tomregev
Edit: Fuck it, not gonna continue this argument.

Edited by tomregev on 04-08-2011 18:09

spaceboy

tomregev wrote:
Except that Yoric does more magic damage than mord, is just as unkillable as him and can ghost a carry. To get a ghost Mord needs to burn all his cooldowns and 2 summoners (ghost/flash because he has no CC and ignite because he has no damage until massively farmed), Yoric only has to press R to get the same effect and Yoric's is even better because it serves as a ghetto GA for a couple of seconds.

You're making the assumption that people at that level will run away from Mord when he's ulting them Grin I know when I die to him it's usually cos I just forget about it and half way through a fight I start thinking "hmmmm why is he not dying?!" Grin
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Cpt Obvious
Dominion Details:

- 5 capture points
- Map is a massive circle
- Center of map has power ups, called Greater Relics (like speed boosts).
- 5 further out powers that regen health fast
- Can't move/attack while capturing a node, more teammates that help the faster it captures
- Each player starts at lvl 3
- Each players starts with 1375g
- You level up MUCH quicker as well as get money faster
- No jungle
- Magic/Armor resistances changed slightly in this mode
- Some items (example is BV) are disabled in this mode all-together
- There are new items as well, "One of the new weapons is called Ionic Spark. It adds health and attack speed, as well as a proc that does a chain lightning attack to a few nearby enemies"
- Capturing points takes health away from the enemy nexus, until you win
- Games last around 20 minutes on average, compared to the 40 or so now
- Summoner spells Teleport and Fortify are unavailable in Dominion
- Instead you get Promote (Upgrade minion) and Garrison (buff/nerf team/enemy tower, choose 1 respectively)
- "Quests" pop up during the match, complete them to do bonus damage to enemy nexus
- Personal scores emphasized over team scores, as well as there's a new scoreboard
- No ranked Dominion play
- Enemy capture points shoot at you like towers unless you're capturing them
- It takes about 4-10 seconds to capture a point (depending on how many allies help)
- "Renown system" that rewards players for helping the team rather than stacking kills
- The Nexus begins with 500 health
- Capturing points also enables minions to spawn to help capture points at other locations
- No wards in Dominion
- New Ping system and new Announcer

Sounds like a fun casual mode to play when bored of normal summoners rift.

tomregev
YouTube Video

wolflordandy
Would you guys be up for a friendly 5v5, DL* vs Ci at some point? Draft mode of course, could be fun Smile

tomregev
I don't think we have 5 on the same server.

Cpt Obvious
Would love to but no one plays with me anymore.

Undead2k
I would be up for it but no idea who plays on what server. I didn't know anything about the different servers until trying to play with exxy recently Sick
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Page
I'd be up for it, have 30's on both US and West.

spaceboy
I imagine it would probably have to be on west which would mean Exxy and Tom using their nooby accounts... it's not a huge deal though, and would give us an excuse when we lose Grin I'm assuming you can use draft mode in customs with non-30 accounts?
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Page
The problem is you probably still have to own at least 14 champs, then again I guess we could always do a blind pick custom and do the draft in the lobby.

Edit:

Edited by Page on 08-08-2011 20:33

wolflordandy
Yeah it would be on West, unless we wanted to make it totally equal and all go use level 1 accounts Pfft

I can ask our guys if they fancy doing blind pick, but I know they'll generally prefer draft.

tomregev
We can just do pick/bans in notepad like pro tournaments. Though playing with only free champs, no runes or masteries and no flash/ignite/clairvoyance is a huge handicap.

Edited by tomregev on 08-08-2011 21:58

Page
Well that's essentially what I said, the blind pick would be to bypass the draft mode limitations, seeing as we could just do an honor based draft before going into champ select. Everyone using level 1 champs (or at least limiting their summoners to level 1 stuff) would be the fairest, seeing as due to the lack of server switching a bunch of our players don't have their mains on West anymore Sad

Unless of course we could somehow manage scrounge up some extra accounts?

wolflordandy
Apparnetly the transfer stuff is being patched in tonight?

So this game could be more viable then we thought! Smile

tomregev
Nvm found it.

YouTube Video

Edited by tomregev on 10-08-2011 08:15

Exxy
Is it possible to transfer accounts now? Where!?
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

tomregev
In the servers down for maintenance thread they said this patch has the transfer feature and it will be available a few days after the patch.

Jump to Forum