cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
wolflordandy
Gangplank also disagrees.

Exxy
Ashe also disagrees to a certain extent.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

tomregev
Gangplank can build any item in the game and it wouldn't matter because he's just a walking random number generator.

Ashe with phantom dancer makes me cringe. Why would you build it over ghostblade, black cleaver or starks?

PD is simply not gold effective. there is no champ in the game who wouldn't benefit more from a ghostblade over it.

spaceboy
Yeah there is... anyone who's ranged and only gets 4 seconds of attack speed buff from Ghostblade Pfft I take it on Ashe.. and personally I think it is cost effective since they took out the useless dodge, decreased the price and increased the attack speed so it wasn't outclassed by buying 2 zeals instead. Good item for anyone wanting to kite at range (primary stat being the movement speed), hence why it's baller on Ashe!

Edit: Also, YAY Mike! Grin Good time to start playing as they're on the verge of implementing a coop mode vs bots which should ease you into the game a lot more easily than jumping straight in and having people shout at you Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 19-02-2011 17:52

Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

tomregev
when was the last time you got to attack someone uninterrupted as Ashe for more than 4 seconds? Attack speed will always be inferior to more damage because unless you're rolling a bad team you will never get to just attack people. Not to mention that ghostblade also packs cdr and armor pen who are much more valuable than attack speed. I would've agreed on the movespeed for kiting if we weren't talking about Ashe who has frost arrow and volley so she can kite easily with just boots.

spaceboy
It's true that you don't often attack solidly for 4 seconds...but I do tend to nip in and attack a couple times..then pull back.. then a few seconds later come in and attack again a lot, and I'd like to have the attack speed/movement speed up throughout rather than having to either commit to attacking or running away. The more movement speed the better in my opinion, playing a carry is all about the positioning, and that's a lot easier when you're super duper speedy Grin WEEEEEEEEEE!

Cpt Obvious
OH MY GOD i just learned this.

Shift + 1-4 lets you spam emotes without having to type /taunt etc.

Finally i can easily spam Malphites YOU WILL LOSE flex.

tomregev
Holy shit. My dream of /j as Kog at the start of every teamfight is now a reality.

Exxy

Cpt Obvious wrote:
OH MY GOD i just learned this.

Shift + 1-4 lets you spam emotes without having to type /taunt etc.

Finally i can easily spam Malphites YOU WILL LOSE flex.

PFFFT. I've been spamming Taric's /j like a troll the past 3 days.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Cpt Obvious
I just love LoL eu on days like this. Unable to patch game and not a single reply from Riot on forums.

Cpt Obvious
I recommend to play champions with stuns and slows, there is a bug that sometimes cause CC effects to never end.

Just earlier today Annie stunned me and i was standing there for 5 seconds until their team killed me.

Undead2k
So when is Coop VS AI coming? D:
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

tomregev
Soon, just like magma chamber, the tribunal and the graphic overhaul.

Edited by tomregev on 05-03-2011 13:02

Cpt Obvious
Im still hoping they just forget about the graphical overhaul, i prefer current.

Undead2k
Wait what? Graphical overhaul? Shock
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

tomregev
Co-op vs Ai is now available and it's a joke. All they do is go for you whenever you're close to them and gank every now and then which usually ends with them dying anyways. The one thing they did that was impressive was buying some defensive items even though they're not tanks, even human players don't do that.

spaceboy
Oh I'm sure they're delightful! They beat the Rioters afterall, right?! That means they must be amazing, right?!...

Anyway! New chappy:

Nocturne

Abilities:

Duskbringer: Nocturne throws a shadow blade which deals damage, leaves a Dusk Trail, and causes champions to leave a Dusk Trail. While on the trail, Nocturne ignores unit collision and has increased Movement Speed.

Shroud of Darkness: Nocturne empowers his blades, passively gaining attack speed. Activating Shroud of Darkness allows Nocturne fades into the shadows, creating a magical barrier which blocks a single enemy spell and doubles his passive attack speed if successful.

Unspeakable Horror: Nocturne plants a nightmare into his target's mind, dealing damage each second and fearing the target if they do not get out of range by the end of the duration.

Paranoia (Ultimate): Nocturne reduces the sight radius of all enemy champions and removes their ally vision in the process. He can then launch himself at a nearby enemy champion.

Umbra Blades (Passive): Every 10 seconds, Nocturne's next attack strikes surrounding enemies for physical damage and heals himself for each target hit. Nocturne's physical attacks reduce this cooldown by 1 second.

Sounds pretty cool, hard to tell without knowing how his abilities scale/what kind of damage they do exactly what he'll be like but I guess he's some kinda assassin/anticarry type dude. I'd been hoping for more of a burst caster type but he still sounds interesting. Skill set seems to be about sticking onto and repeatedly hitting one particular target so I guess maybe Black Cleaver if he's an AD guy or Bloodrazor/Malady if he's worth getting magic pen on.

Edited by spaceboy on 10-03-2011 19:08

Cpt Obvious
That ulti with TF ulti. Imagine being blind and having no idea who and where TF is ganking...

Hell that ulti with anything seems very fun.

tomregev
I really wanted him to be bad because with his design you just know there's going to be one of those fuckers in every game, but he sounds pretty cool.

Will be awesome to have him ult as I come out of the jungle for a gank, but late game when it's 5v5 I don't think it will be that useful unless you use it to stealth push a tower or something.

spaceboy
IGN Article with info on Nocturne and a bit of video footage... he looks totally badass!

Jump to Forum