cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
TF2 pics
Say
i have a fantastic lump on my head from last night during *that* game i did a *deskface* moment.

Ramini
Nah no official limits, I impose a limit myself.. I refuse to play any class that has (2) already and if possible i'll play a class that theres - of. 1 spy works best but if theres already 1 incompetant spy then the paranoid can increase because they see a spy but they don't know if hes good or bad Smile

sick-lizard

Say wrote:
i have a fantastic lump on my head from last night during *that* game i did a *deskface* moment.

rofl

jem58
I'm not quite as strict as Ramini I guess, but when you find 4-5 demomen on one team I always try to switch out to a less-used class. It's a shame though, because a lot of demomen just tend to spam grenades and hope Pfft It's even more annoying when you realise youre about to run into a grenade but can do nothing to stop your impeding death. lol

gori11a
Could be useful to limit the number of spies and/or engineers
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Megalomania
I don't think class limits are a good idea at all.

They're not needed for a start; if other games like CSS needed them that's because their developers didn't balance the classes with as much care as is shown in TF2. There's no class that's better than the rest in all situations, we all know that. And you always need a mix.

And also: knowing which class a team needs is part of the game and there aren't any hard rules. If you go engi or spy when there is already enough then you become useless to the team. But there are occasions (the 2nd cap on dust1 and dust2 when things are getting really hairy, for instance) where you need maybe four or five engineers on one team. The assault classes are a staple which are always needed, but some times you need way more than usual. And then there are some classes which aren't necessary, like engineer when attacking with <10 or so people or spy when defending in the same situation.
img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

agrippa
yeah i agree with mega. I think its good if people can learn to play one class really well, but i think part of the process of mastering the any class is knowing when its no longer userful. Much of the time for me thats when there are 2 other spys.

crash
tell me about it.. because yesterday i was playing and pwned like 30 plus points above the 2nd top fragger.. ppl saw this and suddenly everyone wanted to be a bloody spy.. :upset::upset: and how does the opposing team react? with MORE PYROSSS!! ZOMGBBQWTFROFLCOPTERSNAKESONAPLAINE!!!

Ramini
Its that if theres just one of you being awesome then if the enemy changes to something thats good vs spies, pyros for example, they're not as good vs the rest of your team and so they have an easier time of it. If theres 3 of you being spies then their change will be worth it and you team doesn't get an advantage.

Engies and medics are the exception to the 2 rule that I have since I only like playing engy when i can go off and hold my own behind enemy lines and you can never have too many medics.

Hate it when teammates swap to your class because you're doing good. Ok sometimes you're doing well because the current situation requires your class but sometimes its just because you're a good player and will kill people no matter what your class.

militant camel
I found a part of the Well I hadn't been to before... Sad

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/93...003yr5.jpg

Megalomania
Hax!
img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

sick-lizard

Militant Camel wrote:
I found a part of the Well I hadn't been to before... Sad

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/93...003yr5.jpg

how did you get taken up the alley way?

Clever Idiot
Something fast and hard steamed up his ass he got trained....lol nice piccy

Got this one tonight at practise
http://cleveridiot.com/images/photoal...ggood!.jpg

Tinger
i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg71/thc_tinger/suicidecadislookinggood.jpg

Thats it spy revenge my death

i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg71/thc_tinger/l09d09islookinggood.jpg

Yeh yeh yeh you got me no need to look so happy about it

nax23
lol logdog is a reallife friend of me

Raven
lol spy v spy action

Tinger

Reita wrote:
lol spy v spy action

Ahhhh back in the day

Cold
I thought that I would add a picture of my desk...

i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/jmac105/DSC00177-1.jpg

GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Edited by Cold on 03-02-2008 13:27

nax23
yeah cold n1 piccie!!!

Clever Idiot
cool , welcome to the comic strip that is tf2 - stdude joined last night as well Smile was freaking awesome

Jump to Forum