NaughtyMe
Yes - but Hungoverengie also posted it here
<-------
at 11:52
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

tomregev
Good thing I kept all that crap in my backpack, now to find the rune words.

spaceboy
Ha ha ha.. damnit.. I've still got SOME stuff.. but I have tidied up my backpack before for no particular reason and now that makes me feel like an idiot! Grin

I hope those commemorative plates aren't unlock reveals Frown .. pickaxe, giant sword, and bugle ... I mean if they are they all sound like solly ones.. and getting multiple melee unlocks is probably not what anyone wants Grin .. lets hope they're not!
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

wolflordandy
I'd think the sword is a demo unlock, what with it being a Claymore and all Wink

Pick axe would swap for the spade alright I think... and the bugle might be for the SOldier's chest as a bonus item? (like the medals he has)

alecom
claymore = mines = PROXIMITY WEAPON UNLOCK?
nuke explosion = demoman already has Grin
pickaxe = miner = MINOR CHANGES for everyone
bugle = wake up call = LOUD NOISES?

Humi
nice, I just cleaned my backpack 2 days ago...

spaceboy
Yeah that's true Andy.. I realised after I posted (when I noticed it said a really big sword, i.e. not a cavalry man's sabre or something) but the site was down so I couldn't edit Smile The bugle could conceivably be a shottie swap out.. I doubt it's just a cosmetic addition as the text hints at calling in help kinda thing.. but who knows! Maybe none of them are real Grin

wolflordandy

alecom wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

alecom

wolflordandy wrote:

alecom wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

or you know....

Raven
awesome diablo 2+tf2= win
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

gori11a

uberhomer wrote:

me toFrown
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

spaceboy

Gori11a wrote:

uberhomer wrote:

me toFrown

Awwwwww, I was thinking about it the other day but thankfully I was too lazy Grin

matswatz
The new unlock is kinda, ehm... not aimed at competetive gaming, eh?

Leif
We'll see how it turns out Grin

NaughtyMe
That claymore would have been a trusty replacement to me bottle, too bad the Soldier is going to win - what good will the shiled be without the sword extension?
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

spaceboy
It kinda said in the comic that the Eyelander is what the Demo gets if he wins (or at least it could be construed that way)... but that simply can't be true. He must be getting these unlocks anyway.. it's not exactly a transferable model/concept to the solly and there's no way Valve would do the work for those weapons and then not implement them in the game based solely on who wins the war. So yeah.. I think these are definite unlocks, not the potential prize for the war.. even if the comic says otherwise Frown

With regard to the unlocks themselves.. it looks like valve have fudged the problem of potentially accidentally giving a buff to the most potent class in the game (in a lot of circumstances at least;. including all of comp play) by basically ducking the issue and creating an entirely new class instead. Obviously how this actually feels to play in game will make a big difference..but from the descriptions this new melee class DOES sound fun.. but perhaps not in terms of comp play, which I would have hoped for.

Given the limit of one demo per team it seems unlikely that any team will allow their demo (this means you Fe!!!) to give up the sticky launcher (which lets face it is the most tactically important weapon in the game due to its area denial capabilities, not to mention its massive damage output). Given that that's the case (and thus they wouldn't be using the shield) it seems unlikely that anyone would take the Eyelander as it starts you off with decreased health.. much like the sandman, if a melee weapon starts you off with decreased stats.. it's no longer your third choice, you're selecting it as your primary.. there's no point taking that hit and then playing like normal only turning to melee on the odd occasion it's more applicable.

Those are my first impressions anyway.. maybe I'm wrong and the sword and shield combo will be so potent that it'll be worth demos sometimes giving up stickying chokes and just waiting close by to charge and behead anyone that comes through?.. who knows Grin Or perhaps they could even play extremely aggressively and use the charge ability/decreased blast damage.. to bust through enemy sticky traps themselves (although to be honest I think it's unlikely this'll be THAT useful given that bonk scouts can already carryout a similar trick). Also.. with the blast damage reduction and an overheal it's possible a demo could take 5 or 6 rockets to take down... and while running at quicker than scout speed that could be interesting Grin

Anyway.. interesting stuff! Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 15-12-2009 10:43

Humi
hm I don't think that the comic says that this is the weapon the demo gets if he wins. In my opinion it is the first and second unlock which should help the demoman to fight the soldier and win the war. On top of the demo update page (http://www.teamfortress.com/demomanup...manupdate/) there is still the third unlock to come and the question mark will probably be the winning item.

For the unlocks themselves, they sound fun but will have to see how they really turn out for comp and pub play. I don't expect valve to do something especially for the competitive scene in regard of those items, I mean they want to make money so they have to create something for the masses (pub players) to attract new players which is understandable.

Edited by Humi on 15-12-2009 12:31

alecom
oh my lawd... this sounds like THE class for me. Melee ftw Grin
I shall wield both my shield and sword all the time!

Edited by alecom on 15-12-2009 13:19

Cpt Obvious
Sword and Shield + Medic gave me a huge wow flashback.

Abunai
LFM SM Cath, quick run!!
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

Jump to Forum