cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D2 Discussion
tomregev
http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/left-4-...announced/

Mike
I recall Valve saying that it wouldn't make sense if the old characters suddenly turned up in New Orleans. Yet here we are.

Sounds like they ran out of ideas for dlc tbh.

tomregev
Yeah it feels too much like fan service, but if anyone can make it good it's Valve.

Mr Waffles

Mike wrote:
I recall Valve saying that it wouldn't make sense if the old characters suddenly turned up in New Orleans. Yet here we are.

Sounds like they ran out of ideas for dlc tbh.

Yeah I guess it wouldn't make sense if the old characters turn up in New Orleans or near it anyway becasue the L4D2 survivors are heading to New Orleans but aren't actually in New Orleans But if this DLC is great then I'm not complaining.

NaughtyMe
I hope you fuckers will deal with me when I receive this for Christmas.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Mr Waffles

NaughtyMe wrote:
I hope you fuckers will deal with me when I receive this for Christmas.

We will welcome you gladly into the zombie fest. Though I won't be there due to my EVGA 8800GT graphics card randomly failing even though it's less than 2 years old. Here's hoping my 10 year warranty will get me a speedy and good quality replacment before Christmas. My replacement graphics card migtht be even better than my old 8800GT becasue the 8800GTs are outdated and not made anymore.

matswatz
Mario Galaxy 2 will be fun

(and yeah, I checked the wrong l4d2 thread before posting Pfft)

Edited by matswatz on 15-12-2009 15:34

Cpt Obvious
Mats reading above is allowed Grin

Raven
The DLC sounds good the thing im looking forward to is the chemistry between l4d1 characters and the l4d2 characters Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mr Waffles

Painkiller wrote:
Finnaly let me say that i envy you that you managed to finish the expert realism campaign or any expert. I always get stuck with 3 random "crybabies" who abandon the game after a few restarts.Typical scenario i see everyday:

Teammates rage quit on the 3rd map of dead center expert realism after 4 restarts leaving me alone with 3 "retarded" bots to play through the longest map on that campaign. I somehow manage to deal with 2 tanks and loads of hordes spawning every 2 minutes( if the timing is correct)
and when i finally get within 5cm of the safe house with 1 hp left i get pounced by a hunter who was camping INSIDE the saferoom(saferoom=name fail xD). And i get killed because the bots think its a good idea that all 3 shoot the horde behind us and leave the hunter gang bang me to death...

*sighFinger

Expert Realism is a brutal in L4D2, I joined a random Expert Realism game on the Swamp Fever finale and managed to survive the finale with some randomers by using good old corner camping, The guys I were playing with were decent and they had a mic which meant planning how to do the finale helped out a lot.

On the bots that allowed the hunter to kill you even though you have a hunter on you, ouch, the bots are pretty damn terrible in L4D2.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 22-12-2009 14:06

Mr Waffles
Looks like you can actually get a chocolate helicopter in L4D2. Nice ending as well.
YouTube Video

Cpt Obvious
L4D 8-bit version released.
http://www.gossip...-download/

Mr Waffles

Cpt Obvious wrote:
L4D 8-bit version released.
http://www.gossip...-download/

Wow I watched the first 5 minutes of it and it looks like a really well made adaptation of L4D. Though the blue haired zombies are strange, since when have zombies used hair dye?

Edited by Mr Waffles on 06-01-2010 16:57

Cpt Obvious
Its not hair just their skin color.
Also i tried, it sure is a faithful nes game, way harder then the original L4D...

tomregev
It's nice except for the bullshit hunters.

Mike
Waffles, any chance of updating the server? Wink

We tried connecting to it before but it hasn't been updated to the patch from the other day.

Mr Waffles

Mike wrote:
Waffles, any chance of updating the server? Wink

We tried connecting to it before but it hasn't been updated to the patch from the other day.

Sorry I only read this post just now and yes the server is fine and can be connected by you guys anytime! Also cause for massive L4D2 celebration; Valve have announced on their blog that they're going to remove the frustrating, annoying and widely despised finale autospawning and are going to add infected bots!SmileSmile http://l4d.com/bl...hp?id=3362

I hated finale autospawning so much in L4D and I hate it just as much in L4D2 especially on the Dark Carnival finale . It's great Valve listened to the comunity and are going to remove it.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 23-01-2010 01:26

Mike
Thanks Waffles Wink

Yeah autospawning was a real bitch, especially on No Mercy. There was 1 spawn point that was right on the very edge of the building that I always fell off. I don't have a lot of faith in L4Ds bots, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Interesting interview too.

Cpt Obvious
Oh my god finally after over a year of complains autospawn will be gone <3

Also i think infected bots will be fine, just like the ones in campaign are.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 23-01-2010 10:39

Raven
Interesting read ty for link waffles,

Autospawning removed will be nice, bots will wait to see how it goes Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Jump to Forum