cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Clueless Update tf2
Hunt0r

Hunt0r wrote:
cant run tf2 says i havent got enough diskspace! guess 200gb isnt enough for the update Shock

fixed had to re verify the steam cache defrag and relaunch steam meh!

Mike
Anyone else think that Viaduct isn't as good as Glacier? I mean, it has some nice touches like the footprints and displacement roof snow, but Glacier feels like more efforts been put into the layout and things imo.

Leif
And here's the hats : http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8421.../hats2.jpg

tomregev
Didn't know Ace had a part in yukon, the more you learn.

Raven
That update gave a boost in my fps anyone else?
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

spaceboy
Not that I noticed.. but it was hard to tell with all the lagging American players on the server Frown

This.. was QUITE the update..

Fun new autopistol
Fixed Fan
Autoreload for everybody!
Team mates now unable to spoil eachother's sticky/rocket jumps Grin
Playing with the sandman seems actually quite fun now

Dislikes:

Playing with the sandman being fun means getting stunned by the fucker which is not
I haven't tried critacular CTF yet..but wow.. that's got to suck right? I mean after firstblood was such a roaring success?!

Unsure:

KOTH looks promising.. but lets see how it goes, seems to promote spawn camping and I haven't checked the maps out enough to determine if they're designed well enough to avoid this as a problem.
The spy sapping tele thing... seems an .. odd.. change Sick

All in all good fun stuff Grin My favourite being the autopistoling.. I really didn't like using the pistol much before, but now it's like a little smg and I love it!

Also a big thank you to Mr G for updating the servers so late and letting us check everything out love

tomregev
The crit boost is just stupid. I hope it has a cvar or that it's at least affected by no crits, otherwise ctf is ruined for both public and competitive play.

The fan/sandman fixes are great, there's nothing like seeing some bastard scout running around with the sandman and one shotting him with a rocket or grenade.

Didn't get to check it out, but if the rocket jump thing is really fixed than I can finally stop failjumping at the start of badlands.

Don't like the sapper/teleporter changes, now engies no longer have to worry about their entrance and can stay in their nest.

Oh and thanks to multi selecting items I now don't have any more sandviches.Headbang

Cpt Obvious
Stickyjump is nerfed, you will now die in 2 jumps without health boosts or doing smaller jumps.

matswatz
Hats/beards/other stuff:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff...1250205760

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff...1250206262

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff...1250205866

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff...1250205902

tomregev said:

Oh and thanks to multi selecting items I now don't have any more sandviches.Headbang

Did the same thing with my Razorback, got a new one right away though.

Edited by matswatz on 14-08-2009 05:22

nothing but dust down here

Masson
So now sapping teleport entrances is sort of useless, because the engineer can repair them from his nest

Rofl teh cake
Ever thought of sapping AND shooting? Guys, this isn't such a big nerf, you'll get used, crickey e_e

dr_icecream
Actually, i think it would give spies more challenges, good to learn some extra skills there.
Btw, I always prefer going through the tele and backstab the engie there, followed by sapping whatever he has there, destroying the entrance doesn't help much, since the exit is still there then.

tomregev

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Ever thought of sapping AND shooting? Guys, this isn't such a big nerf, you'll get used, crickey e_e

How does that help? think goldrush, a blue engie is dug up in his nest, pretty much the only way to get him out is to sap his far away entrance, which also stops blue's advance for a while. Now that's useless as he has no reason to leave the nest.

dr_icecream

tomregev wrote:
How does that help? think goldrush, a blue engie is dug up in his nest, pretty much the only way to get him out is to sap his far away entrance, which also stops blue's advance for a while. Now that's useless as he has no reason to leave the nest.

Like I said before, it makes the game more competitive, it might make it easier for the engie, but I'm sure they'll come up with something nice as well to make it harder for him at other points.

agrippa

tomregev wrote:

Rofl teh cake wrote:

Yeah im a littledisappointd that i can no longer sap and run, but i can still shoot tele entrances while sapping them to do some damage, will make it harder. Also ive had a few absolutly brilliant ideas how to make it work in my favour. ill post them another time (dont want to give away the surprise).

NaughtyMe
I want my sticky jump back - not something which will maim me before get anywhere near the centre of Granary or Badlands.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Mike
Oh well, you'll just have to run there like the rest of us.

It never made sense that you could damage yourself with 2 stickies, suffer a 100ft drop and still have half your health intact, while any other class would die from that.

I want to know what's with all these medal things?

tomregev
Don't know where you got this from, a double sticky jump without overheal would leave you with about 50 hp if you're lucky. the demo needs the self damage reduction just like the soldier.

Edited by tomregev on 14-08-2009 12:19

Cpt Obvious
yeh this change was stupid, stickyjump was prolly the most balanced thing about demo and needed no changing.

spaceboy
Yeah, which is why it's a bug that will be fixed later today Wink.. They broke the same code on a previous update if you remember and almost immediately fixed it.

Jump to Forum