cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D 2 WTF
alecom
agreed mike.

also qi <3

Braag
So random to announce L4D2 and release it just a year after the first one but still no sign of HL2: Ep3 Sad

Cpt Obvious
Current info about the game:
http://forums.ste...p?t=884519

Raven
I like some of the concept and i can see that they want to show the zombie apocalypse around the world in different locations and they cant just bung it into L4D1 however i will be pretty miffed and annoying if they sold it a full price tmi

Also daylight is interesting concept Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

spaceboy
Interesting interview with Gabe and Doug from valve:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696...rview.html

It's pretty lengthy but the main substantive things that I picked out are that they say they're going to continue to support L4D with free new content etc even after L4D2 has been released... I guess with post-release teams working on them in parallel... I mean it will of course remain to be seen what they actually come up with, but they're at least saying the right things Smile

They also mention "unique items" in terms of TF2 and weapon trading which certainly hints that randomised weapon drops is the way the game's going... which is.. interesting Smile

Leif
oooo interesting Cool

tomregev
What kind of unlocks could they possibly release for l4d? Some rocking bling for louis?

Cpt Obvious
some KFC and watermelon for louis ofc.

NaughtyMe
**hints of racism seeping in...keep it in line
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Rofl teh cake
Nooo, they are going to give him an Afro, because he's black and everyone who is black, despite being scottish or wearing a tie and looking somewhat neat has to have an afro in Valve's opinion.
Talking about racist...

Humi
moar peels!

Cpt Obvious
New info from some pc magazine:

* There will be varitions on the Smoker and Boomer, which have mutated with new abilities
* This is akin to the wandering witch
* Among the levels seen will be Malls, abandoned cityscapes, lonely farms, muddy alligator dens, aged plantations and confederate locals
* There is a great sense of the occult, voodoo in many southern towns which gives atmosphere
* There is a level taking place in the crypts
* The world will be much more alive and interactive
* The First campaign begins outside a mall
* This is where the actual story begins and the characters meet, the story begins there rather than in l4d1 being picked up some ways in
* The characters learn about each other and respond over the course of the maps differently
* The game begins withlittle interaction, the story arcs add new dialogue and context sensitive discussion
* You see teh way different groups have reacted to the infection, some people holed up trying to survive on their own,some people fleeing
* The Third campaign takes place in a muddy bayou, a flooded forst with only traces of civilisation, rustic shacks and pools of algae
* If you tread water in the pools your speed is significantly reduced,however it has its advantages. Wading in the river allows a much better view of the oncoming infected than jogging in the dense tree line.
* Some melee weapons have "alternate attacks"
* There will be new throwables other than the pipe and molotov
* THere is multiple variations on pistols, smg's and shotguns, all of which are improved over the previous selection
* You can dual wield two different types of pistols at once
* A POWERFUL REVOLVER IS IN THE WORKS
* Also a boltaction carbine
* One of the best new additions is the AI directors new gameplay mechanic which makes cetain sections different every times. One such area is a car impound lot. The lot is filled with autos with alarms, which is being called an "Optional Crescendo event". The placement of the cars is completely random, so the players can never have a fixed route or strategy in mind. If you avoid all of the cars then your safe, if you hit any they continue to ring, they will not stop until you are clear of the area and in the safe house.
* Both the campaigns PCG played were set entirely outdoors, but they were far far larger than any maps in l4d with alot more exploration
* The Gauntlet is the best new mode, set in the finale of the fith campaign. Your desitnation is the end of a suspension bridge. The Air Force is about to bomb the area so you have to mvoe quickly. The run is hard, dense with cars and there are seldom rails to stop you falling

Mike
Still can't see why most of that can't be added to the current game...

Cpt Obvious
Even tho i will get the game i still think this is hilarious:
http://video.ign....61609.html

Cpt Obvious
New Special Infected: The Spitter.

Beyond the common infected and hero infected from the original L4D, the time I spend with L4D2 also allowed me to check out the effects of the newly revealed Spitter infected. The Spitter -- whose graphic was still being worked on when I played -- can lob a ranged attack into a group of survivors, creating an area where survivors take damage so long as they are within it. No, the Spitter's shot won't do a ton of damage all at once, but it can hurt you badly after a few seconds spent in its area of effect, and can easily make a team panic and split up when it hits in the middle of a fight. Imagine you're in a room with your team and a Spitter lobs the shot through the window, forcing your team to abandon the position. Now imagine that as you all abandon this spot that some of you split off from one another -- perhaps exiting out of the room from two different sides -- leaving yourself open to attack. I'm sure you get the idea of how this can be bad for a team and potentially rewarding in multiplayer.

http://pc.gamespy...376p2.html

Raven
reminds me of that mod for the smoker when his smoke does damage to survivors

annoying if ur survivor incap cause it wont let you pick them up
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mike
Swamps & Shanky Town Footage

My God, the music is so bad.

tomregev
Is it just me or are they yelling "reloading" even more frequently?

Cpt Obvious
Possible picture of the spitter.

http://pcmedia.ga..._gumbo.jpg

SHE sure is ugly.

Cpt Obvious
Oh boy not sure but it seems Medkits and Pills and COMPLETELY REMOVED from Versus. You get the one medkit in the start and that has to last whole map.

Im so looking forward to that Grin

Jump to Forum