cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Sniper/Spy update complete notes.
Raven
Can some1 trade an ambassadfor with me when we can? Sad
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

NaughtyMe
I only have a fucking ambassador - well 5 of them, so yeah, I just want everything else. What was the point of advertising a fucking Spy VS Sniper update, when only some people get to play with their fucking weapons. Wankers.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Fens
Indeed Naughty, so far I have not unlocked a single fecking thing that I did not already have Sad

Solo
i have the dead ringer so far, and i can't use it to save my life! really want the huntsman and the cloak and dagger...

vadoom
They did a good job with the update, the huntsman is a very fun weapon to use, very satisfying when you get a long shot on a moving target. The ambassador is great once you know how to use it, not my case yet.
The C&D is good but you have to be patient to get your kills and therefore you don't get as many kills (and deaths) than you would with the normal watch.

spaceboy
Yeah, all and all, it looks like it's been a pretty awesome update (obviously not including the new random method of actually getting hold of the goodies). People seem to be finding some utility in all the unlocks (except perhaps the Razorback which is a little niche; only protecting you from spies in a situation where for whatever reason they can't revolver/ambassador you).

I think a shout has to go out to Jarate as though it may initially have started out a joke it really is a fantastic unlock. It gives a really new and different support aspect to the sniper without being either useless or totally overpowered. The splash radius is pretty big so you can get multiple targets and this is particularly good for hitting the bombcart with loads of people clustered around it.

It should also be noted, as this didn't occur to me initially I must admit, that what might appear at first to be a fairly trivial increase in damage by 35% is actually a lot more than that as the new "mini crits" that you get on people affected by Jarate just like regular crits are not affected by range fall off. This is especially good for soldiers as it means they can do big damage (as if they were at point blank + 35%) even from a safe distance. Thus if you're about to smother 3-4 people in piss, it might be worth giving a shout to your local soldier so they can be ready to spam the hell out of the unsuspecting newly drenched enemy Smile

tomregev
So far it's been a decent update, especially after the whole scout fiasco. I find the bow's bodyshots a bit overpowered but I'm sure it'll be tweaked at some point.

Jarate is my favorite new unlock, like spaceboy said jarate + solly/demo is just awesome. I do have a problem with it, it basically handles like a demo granade, allowing snipers to throw it to a ridiculous distance instead of close/mid range.

I also liked dead ringer, but the new update killed it, making it a kamikaze spy weapon.

Edited by tomregev on 28-05-2009 11:54

wolflordandy
Jarate is all I have at the moment, but I'm happy with it, good fun, pissed on my own team a few times to put em out, and pissed all over a CP with 6 people standing on it. Grin

alecom
jarate ftw, I loved it so very much.
The bow was a helluva lot of fun also, and I SWEAR it made my headshots double in accuracy when I went back to the rifle for 10 minutes

alecom
when you get kritz with the bow, it's hard to see where you're aiming ):

fefe
i want jarate Sad

Raven
I agree the huntsmen is quite a bit of fun and glad its left handed like me :>

spaceboy
It's bound to be switched Raven as it currently looks right handed in 3rd person and left handed in 1st person. It's a similar issue to the problem they initially had with natascha which they eventually changed to marry the two different views.

Raven
UPDATE:

we have milestones back!

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables

Arena Mode

Added tf_arena_use_queue server convar. Turn this on to get the old queue behavior. Default is off

Added tf_arena_round_time to set a timelimit on the round

Added the userid of the player who built the teleporter to the "player_teleported" event

Fixed player killed event causing server crash

Fixed Spies not being telefragged when standing on an enemy teleporter exit with the Dead Ringer enabled

Fixed attackers seeing the mini-crit particle effect for full crits if the victim has the Jarate effect enabled

Fixed the Ambassador not doing damage to buildings

Fixed Spies disguised as their own team not drawing blood effects

Fixed players killed by flaming arrows not showing the appropriate death icon

tomregev
Great already have all the goddamn unlocks, how does this help me get a hat?

EDIT: lol only 17 for 3rd milestone, it's like valve just said "fuck it".

Edited by tomregev on 30-05-2009 01:00

spaceboy
Oh my god! Finally! FINALLY! I have my beloved Ambassador! Let us never be parted again! .. just hopped onto a random server to try it out, I love it already Grin .. I may just stop using my knife entirely Grin

We are left with a really weird double unlock system in place now Frown I guess if trading comes in then it'll still be useful for the rare items (e.g. fancy hats!).. but any of the normal unlockables?.. who are we going to be able to give them to? Not that that bothers me really Grin WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by spaceboy on 30-05-2009 02:11

wolflordandy
noooblings? lol

or if you get your steam banned you can get all the unlocks off a mate for your new account Pfft

Raven
After playing with the ambassador it is jolly good fun pulling off a crit headshot with that feels rewarding Smile

Mike
Jarate's.....fun, but once you've thrown it you're a bit fucked if they're out of machete range. I guess that's why they forced the crosshair for the sniper rifle. (I fucking hate that thing, I preferred no scoping without any visual aid).

Sticking with my trusty SMG.

fefe
hurray Grin finally Grin nao valve give me haaaaats Grin

Jump to Forum