cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Anime
Ramini
A "new" series of full metal alchemist just started. Apparently they are sticking really close to the manga on this one. So far I don't like it as much but its only the first episode.

agrippa
yeah the new full metal alchemist (brotherhood) is basically the same storyline to a point, but it will diverge later on.

I actually quite enjoyed the first one, but then again i enjoyed it last time around.

Ramini
Posted that as I was watching it. Didn't like how it just dumped the story into the middle of the city without telling us anything about alchemy. Looks likes it'll be done by special episodes and flashbacks though this time around which is fair enough.

Also.. been a while since I watched the original but I think they met Hughes differently, that was such a great connection in the first series which I don't see happening as much.

Just can see this version being about two brother's quest for the philosopher's stone rather than that being an overall arc compared to their relationships with other characters being investigated.

Finally, how many jokes about Edward's height was there in this. Waaay too many in my opinion, got old fast.

I'll probably continue to watch it though, not got enough shows on the go at the moment.

Rofl teh cake
Watch or read 20th century boys.

Cpt Obvious
Just finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann last weekend and my god, for the first time Epic Win is a proper quote to use.

Rofl teh cake
Great success Captain obvious, I mean a robot controlled by a robot controlled by a robot controlled by a man can only be described as an epic win.

Leif
I've read some Love Hina and think it was quiet good Smile

Cpt Obvious
Nothing beats good cosplay
www.hongfire.com/cg/data/9/yoko-gurren_lagann.jpg

Rofl teh cake
Oh god, The whole cosplay.... perfect. Even the Bikini is put on very well, the underboob is showing. But her hair...goddamn, that can't be hair. So well made.

wolflordandy
Someone ordered anime cosplay?

www.geekologie.com/2009/01/27/pika-1.jpg

Tho on marginally more serious, some amusing, and damned scary, cosplays here: (just scroll down)

Edited by wolflordandy on 09-04-2009 21:52

tomregev
That raises an important question, does pokemon cosplay equal furries?

Edited by tomregev on 10-04-2009 02:01

krakyn
Yes, so burn it with fire tbh

Rofl teh cake
A cat is fine too.

agrippa
btw about the new "full metal alchemist: brotherhood" series, its streming a subbed version for free on the Funimation website. Funimation is the comapny who dubbed the original and will be dubbing the new series so it all legit.

LINK:
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?pag...show&b=280 -> for the index page.

For this weeks episode -> http://www4.funimation.com/video/?pag...deo&v=1832

They come out 4 days after the official showing in japan which is a little slow but im all for this kind of service so i dont really mind waiting. This way its out on the website on the thursday of each week.

Edited by agrippa on 10-04-2009 23:51

Cpt Obvious
Holy shit i just watched 24 minutes of pure concentrated win. Over the top manliness at its best.

http://animebreaker.com/content/view/2530/1/
<---use at your own risk, read post below

VERY MUCH RECOMMENDED.

Edited by Mr G on 11-04-2009 20:12

Mr G
That link has some right nasty java scipts running on it plus another tracker agent after infection Drunk Sick

Edited by Mr G on 11-04-2009 20:12

Cpt Obvious
The site just has annoying ads taking over the screen for few seconds, never had any issues or heard anyone getting crap from there.

Anyways if you want to feel safe just google Sengoku Basara anime.

Cpt Obvious
Necroo!
Oh man i enjoyed Darker Than Black, best episodic anime ive watched. (out of 2 lol).

Also spent few hours on TTGL the movie, mostly copy/paste but new shiny finish was nice. Waiting for TTGL movie 2 now since it will change a lot more.

BiGFooT
I'm going to DL Detroit Metal City tomorrow. I hope it will be worth of it Smile

Cpt Obvious
People say its good, tell how it was when your done with it.

Jump to Forum