cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
Cpt Obvious
And the new champion leak at least is confirmed, assuming the patch notes are as well.

http://www.league...?p=4252080

Cpt Obvious
Tier List change... guess whos back on top again...

http://reignofele...tier-list/

Cpt Obvious
Interesting they created a new pricetag just for Trundle.
4800 IP.

tomregev
Great, 4800 is going to become to the new 3150 isn't it?

spaceboy
Ha ha ha, you're so right you insightful son of a gun! Grin
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

wolflordandy
From what i've seen, Trundle is pretty good when played well, but especially bad when not. (But melee champs often are)

Love how they've disabled Morgana after last patch, as they broke her to gamebreaking proportions :/

tomregev
From what I've seen He's only good if you the enemy has a good tank for him to ult. And for the love of god don't jungle with him no matter what that idiot Phreak says.

Rofl teh cake
I do, why shouldn't you? He has a pisspoor early game, Q being his only damaging ability and even that can only be deployed in close range, he is free loot against strong harrassers, be it mages or ranged carries. His early game is like that one of a carry, only that his late game is not like that one of a carry, since he doesn't hit as hard as a Twitch or Tryndamere does. In jungle, it's just him and the creeps. His jungling is not as good as Olafs or Warwicks, but it works. I manage to clear my side of jungle before enemies hit lvl 3, while I am lvl 4 with double buffs, with about 500~600 left. This is the part I go and gank.
And ganking, he does pretty good. W gives him a great runspeed increase and his E on lvl 1 is deadly, it fucks up enemies movement, for they will most likely be too stupid to walk around pillar and run straight into it, like Anivias Wall. If the laning teammate isn't full of shit and has some CC, at least 1 enemy will die.
But I agree, Phreak is a idiot and jungles like a idiot, his whole route and masteries were really retarded.
And Trundle is not there to wipe the enemy, he's a tanky dps, whose job is to shit on squishies or carries. Place ground, run through all stuns (maxed W gives you + merc treads 75% less CC) straight to carry, place Ulti on tank and bite carry. Bite him a lot. Until he dies, preferrably.
All I want to say is that Trundle isn't bad. It's just that Phreaks videos are mostly horrible and everyone going full dee pee ess and wondering why they get shredded like a piece of paper.

Cpt Obvious

tomregev wrote:
From what I've seen He's only good if you the enemy has a good tank for him to ult. And for the love of god don't jungle with him no matter what that idiot Phreak says.

Lol? I know its popular to hate Phreak but playin a champ bad just to oppose him is pointless.
Trundle is a god in jungle, may not have the safest start but with few itms he runs thru it without losing any health at all.

On the other hand his laning sucks, sure he is hard to kill but you wont last hit shit unless enemy lane is melee only.

Played about 5 games with him yesterday and jungle is by far the superior tactic.

edit:
YouTube Video

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 02-12-2010 18:12

spaceboy
Wowies.. haven't seen that much of wonderful Cakeyness in ages Grin Miss you Cake!!.. quick Tom say something else provocative so he is compelled to write more Grin

tomregev
Only because you asked Grin

Just because someone can jungle doesn't mean he should, fucking karthos can jungle, doesn't mean it's a good idea. I know riot had a long row of fucking lane monsters but that finally ended with irelia. He's weak in a lane, so are poppy, jax and a ton of other heroes, by this logic they should go jungle, hell poppy can even do dragon at level 1.

Oh and I'm not saying Phreak is an idiot because it's the cool thing to say, but because his spotlights are getting worse and worse. Whether it's by recommending snowball items, giving retarded jungle routes or even just arranging to play against terrible players so every new champ looks like the best one. Case in point- Urgot.

Edited by tomregev on 03-12-2010 06:47

Rofl teh cake
I'm not following the rule "Early game? Go and fuck off into jungle" or any logic, I'm just saying that if you can SUCCESSFULLY jungle, read, wipe your side with enough HP to gank and survive, double buff and outlvl'd compared to your opponents, you should jungle. Just being able to clear your jungle side to relieve a lane is notwhere it ends, as a jungler you are obliged to gank, so ganking abilities, like Warwicks Ulti, Loaf's Throw axe, Rammus' spin, Mumu toss and ulti and in our case Trundles Pillar and ground are a must.

I just can't imagine Karthus being able to outlvl the enemies on lanes, same goes for Poppy and Jax (who is a carry and needs more farm, only acquireable on the lane). Granted, I don't know much about their jungle, I can only imagine it being really slow.

And especially in Trundle's case, a successful jungle is possible. So why wouldn't you?

Phreaks spotlights are horrible, I don't really listen to them, only watch them to get a quick glimpse at the hero. But on the other hand, they have improved greatly from just being lolpubstomp videos to actually giving a few bits of advice, even if those are supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. And yeah, most of the community are fucking idiots who won't appreciate a hero if he's not Xin pre nerf. So they have to make him look like that, because, hey, in the end they are a company and need to make money. I couldn't care less about those Flavour of the Month players wasting their IP or RP, who only play what right now is high up on Elementz' tier list or whatever is deemed "OP".

Cpt Obvious
Speaking of fotm champs, im getting bored of Malphites and Gragas's in every other game.

tomregev
Well Gragas is free and Malphite's the new and improved Garen, they'll be around for a while.

spaceboy
Oh hey just to chip in on Phreak's hilarity, he may not be amazing now.. but he's certainly been worse before; if you look back at the Sivir champion spotlight he has her taking smite (and obviously not jungling as it's Sivir). So she can dominate dragon and baron?! Lollies Grin I guess at that point he wasn't aware that every successful team really requires an actual jungler who would fulfil that role Frown

Page
I have to say that out of all the trundles I've seen the junglers tend to have done a lot worse, then again I'd expect that's because the majority of them are just jungling because of the spotlight and aren't used to jungling.

On a side note I've been jungling warwick since the patch and he doesn't actually seem to require any health potions at all anymore, which is kind of cool Smile

Rofl teh cake
Oh yeah Space, his old champions spotlights have been pubstomping mainly... he came a long way, but he's not done walking yet!

You can page, but that would be wasted potential. what I'd recommend you is buy a cloth armor, 2 pots and a ward, only if they have a jungler tho, (which usually teams these days have). Place it at their Liz, commence your jungle routine and then gank him when he's trying to do Lizard. Hilarity will ensue. For you, that is. Smile

Page
Well I normally buy a health potion as Warwick in case I need it, but it's just he can jungle and stay at pretty much full health all the time without any (except for doing golem for the first time).
Getting the ward and ganking their jungler would be good, except I generally have a lot more confidence in the other team to back up their jungler than I do in mine so I tend to avoid risks like that.

Exxy
A friend of mine started playing LoL this evening, and he said the following which made me laugh quite hard:

04:07 - Eggbert: He was alright but I had some bad luck and just went fuck it
04:08 - Eggbert: Fuck going any of the wee squirrel cunts anyway
04:08 - Eggbert: I'm not sinking that low
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

tomregev
He'll break once he gets raped by kennen a few times.

Jump to Forum