cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
Cpt Obvious
Space is a closet weeaboo Pfft

spaceboy
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeboo Roll
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

tomregev

Exxy wrote:
Like that has EVER stopped them before? League of Legends is full of skampily cled women with major sized breasteseseses and other sexual implications in their soundboards.

So this makes no sense in my eyes.

Spaceboy wrote:
Yeah, I don't think that the problem was necessarily just that she was scantily clad (I mean Janna's in the game and she's basically naked).. more that the model was just of a hideous quality, at least that's the complaint that's come up over and over again on the test realm forums.

Before: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-conte...sh_art.jpg

After: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/a...1287205890

Rofl teh cake
Now that model looks way better.

Cpt Obvious
That after model looks great, shows that there is no need for cleavage for female character to look good... (or in this case, LEGS)

Exxy
Yes, fair enough, she looks way cooler now in my oppinion, but the thing is.

That bitch ain't got shit on Janna when it comes to barely wearing clothes and looking like a whore. Where's the outrage about that?

Hmm? HMMMM?
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

spaceboy
Yeah, and in my opinion the main reason that concept art looks better is nothing to do with her clothes, it's the fact that the whole thing is drawn to a higher quality! Especially with regards to the face, which in the first one looks like she's a haggard old tramp who's been shot with a make-up shot gun set to whore!

tomregev
How is the overall quality different? Same attention to details and same style. The concept is what makes it better, in one they went for a whore who forgot to put on pants and grabbed some towels from a nearby clothesline, in the second they went for something that will actually look dignified.

Not to mention the post with the new art opened with "the reveal of our upcoming champion Lux, the Lady of Luminosity, was met with some criticism. Allow me to present our response: a re-envisioned champion based on your feedback".

wolflordandy
Basicly, I'd say the first is a very modern Anime style magic girl type stereotype. The second has been westernised by giving her plate armour in realistic colours and a wand more at home with western audiences.

I think its just a culture gap that the first design was pandering to China/Japan rather then the west.

On the first version, it was odd she had a chainmail vest on underneath her metal bra, yet it didn't cover her chest or legs, if they'd removed that it would have been more scantly clad, but looked a bit normal. And I totally agree that the face on the first one looks like a whore's makeup, compared to the natural look of the second.

spaceboy
The quality is different because the original had a hideous face, the general proportions of the model are worse with the head/torso looking weirdly oversized (I'm not just stalking about breasts here) and giant man hands! Also the colour choice for the original costume was pretty hideous. Those aspects have all been fixed in the new art irrespective of the costume itself.

Also I still maintain the bulk of the criticism in the original thread wasn't "oh my god she looks too slutty" it was "oh my god she looks terrible" which are not the same thing Pfft

tomregev
But her proportion are exactly the same? They literally drew over the old one, the only part that's different in size is her neck.

spaceboy
Well they look different to me, what can I say? Can't see it through your eyes Tom Wink Could be an optical illusion because they moved the whole image further back and there's different framing due to having different hair etc.. but whatever. The primary factor is that the face looks better anyway. As a rule I don't think people have a problem with slutty characters (where was the uproar upon MF's release?) they only have a problem with ugly slutty characters. People are too insecure in their sexuality to welcome the first transvestite champion to league of legends.. which, lets face it, is what she looked like before they changed her Smile

Edited by spaceboy on 16-10-2010 19:16

Page
Personally I agree with Spaceboy and think the new one looks better because it definitely seems higher quality to me, still I was quite looking forwards to the anime girl style if it had been done properly rather than what they did do Sad

spaceboy
Luxana's Champion Spotlight:

YouTube Video

..and patch notes

A lot of the patch notes are the same as the leaked test realm version from last week; stuff omitted that I've noticed so far are the Eve remake and changes to Ryze.. also Jax's ult active is different.

Cpt Obvious
Rofl they actually managed to nerf Teemo.
Damage reduced, toxic shot dot reduced, mushroom cooldown increased and damage reduced at low levels, where it matters a lot for lane control...

yay +5 movement speed, slightly better passive and more damage when toxic shot hits.

The mushroom charge is ok i guess but in general the nerfs to his early game will gimp his end game too much imo...'

edit: will be trying new malady for my Teemo build to take advantage of the toxic shot changes.

Also warmog is finally worth the gold.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 19-10-2010 14:13

Exxy
I quite like the look of how Lux plays, so I might actually get her.

And the fact she's Garen's sister just makes it more awesome. :3

Edit: Nvm, they meant that as in nationality "brohter/sister".

Edited by Exxy on 19-10-2010 14:47

cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

spaceboy
Nah they didn't Exxy, she actually is Garen's sister in the lore Wink

Yeah, I was surprised by the Teemo stuff... I mean I think they're trying to make it clear that he's not meant to be a carry (as if anyone could make that mistake previously? Drunk ) .. but they didn't really add anything to his utility to make up for it.. soo yeah, overall looks like a nerf. Not that I'm that bothered as in my opinion he may well be the most annoying champion in the game anyway despite his underpowered state Smile

I'm glad Sivir got some buffs to her spellshield and ultimate.. now all she needs is a range buff, movement speed buff, AD scaling on her boomerang and a totally new passive and she'll be viable Wink (ha ha, I kid I kid.. she probably only needs the AD scaling OR a range buff and she should be be fine, not that I can't dream)

Cpt Obvious
Lux is 3150 ip

spaceboy
Oh wowies... I suppose that makes sense as Morgana's that price and they seem very similar, but she is literally gonna be in every game for the foreseeable future Shock ... still it does mean I'll have some more ip left over! Does anyone know what the limited edition runes are?

Cpt Obvious
they are level 1 and 2 runes that are stronger then other. Useless unless your around level 10+

Jump to Forum