cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
Cpt Obvious
We need a huge muscular guy with a flamethrower and napalm as weapons.

spaceboy
Yes! Let us all pass around the anime jailbait! Grin

This cool MF fan art got linked in some LoL forum thread:
riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Contests/Bilgewater%20Gallery/Katertot%20-%20NA%20-%20Miss%20Fortune.jpg
Sexy!

Edited by spaceboy on 10-10-2010 17:03

Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Exxy

Spaceboy wrote:
Yes! Let us all pass around the anime jailbait! Grin

This cool MF fan art got linked in some LoL forum thread:
riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Contests/Bilgewater%20Gallery/Katertot%20-%20NA%20-%20Miss%20Fortune.jpg
Sexy!

fapfapfap
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

tomregev
They finally enabled blood on the EU client.

Rofl teh cake
As a German, I feel offended.

spaceboy
Timelapse of the Swain artwork getting created:

YouTube Video

Cpt Obvious
That was a nice vid, could do more of those.

spaceboy
Valve have announced DotA:2 via GameInformer.

Apparently to start off with it's effectively going to be a straight port of DotA (including all 100+ current champions) but moved to the source engine. The main innovation, to start off with anyway, seems to be the ideas Valve have to kinda centralise the community and minimise barriers to entry for new players.

They're going to have it so people who write strategy guides can link them to the game itself so you'll actually have pointers coming up in game to recommend items etc.. which sounds useful Grin .. and the opportunity for people to coach in game, like they'll be able to see what a specific player is seeing and have a one to one voice chat to give hints as the game goes on. Then they're going to have some reward system, so that people that contribute the most with coaching/guide writing/constructive forum posts etc.. get something back, although how this might work is pretty much unspecified in the article itself.

All in all sounds pretty cool Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 13-10-2010 20:18

tomregev
Kinda disappointed tbh, I was hoping for a new game not just a port. I really hope there will be some sort of quality control for the guides so it won't be as terrible as leagucraft.

spaceboy
Yeah I kinda agree Tom.. I mean with that many champions surely at least some of them need a rework? There must be some gameplay mechanics that aren't perfect and would now be changeable? .. also I dunno if I like the idea of starting a noob unfriendly game with a playerbase of 6m who are all better than I am... that said I'm still really interested to see how it turns out Grin

Exxy
As long as they bring along Nerubian Assassin, Venomancer and Dragon Knight from the original, I should be able to not completely suck donkey balls at it on release.

Mr G
Same as alien breed dev team , work on the engine with what you know to be good game mechaninc and not stress on development into something new. once they have the new knowledge that the source engine can do, will allow devolpement of more complex or new ideas. splitting the work load this way will allow a clear understanding of production on source engines.

Cpt Obvious
Drama has entered the field.
http://icefrogtru...gspot.com/
My respect for valve has slightly dropped.

And yes Valve has said this is fake, but people on many forums are saying its not fake, and of course Valve would want to make it fake...

Raven

Spaceboy wrote:
also I dunno if I like the idea of starting a noob unfriendly game with a playerbase of 6m who are all better than I am

^This i sucked huge arse with LoL dont want to try Dota if im going get hammered but still will give it a try i suppose.
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

wolflordandy
Tbh, once you're good at one DotA/LoL style game, you'll have a certain affinity for all, yes they are different, but it's like someone who is good at Street fighter, will naturally be better at mortal combat then someone who never plays fighting games...

I imagine it won't be a straight port with graphics/engine update, it will have to have tweeks to compete with LoL/HoN.

I like the idea of coaches and stuff though. Would be funky to see competative teams of 6, where you get 5 playing and a team manager/coach directing operations and helping throughout the match. (As well as obvious noob training they've already mentioned)

Just hope its not too pricey or has some kind of free-to-play option like LoL. (Which tbh i've spent more money on then most games, excluding MMOs)

tomregev

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Drama has entered the field.
http://icefrogtru...gspot.com/
My respect for valve has slightly dropped.

And yes Valve has said this is fake, but people on many forums are saying its not fake, and of course Valve would want to make it fake...

Well people on forums are known for their vast knowledge and wisdom, not to mention that they're never quick to jump to conclusions and make accusations. Surely Pendragon, the most terrible Riot employee and probably the person who's worst at his job on the planet will lead us to the truth. Not like he's involved in a lawsuit against the guy and has a motive to besmirch his name.
not to mention that even if it's true it makes no goddamn difference about the product we'll be getting.

In more interesting less internet drama bullshit news, Riot pulled the art for Lux from the new champion approaches page after it was followed by 3 pages of people complaining that she looks like a whore. Also apparently she can't stealth teammates anymore so my interest in her dropped immensely since it's her only interesting spell.

Edited by tomregev on 14-10-2010 14:07

Exxy

tomregev wrote:
In more interesting less internet drama bullshit news, Riot pulled the art for Lux from the new champion approaches page after it was followed by 3 pages of people complaining that she looks like a whore. Also apparently she can't stealth teammates anymore so my interest in her dropped immensely since it's her only interesting spell.

Like that has EVER stopped them before? League of Legends is full of skampily cled women with major sized breasteseseses and other sexual implications in their soundboards.

So this makes no sense in my eyes.

spaceboy
Yeah, I don't think that the problem was necessarily just that she was scantily clad (I mean Janna's in the game and she's basically naked).. more that the model was just of a hideous quality, at least that's the complaint that's come up over and over again on the test realm forums.

Bummer about her W spell getting nixed... now apparently she gives team mates bonus magic resistance while only stealthing herself? Gee.. how exciting Frown What the heck am I gonna do with all this ip I've been saving up now Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 14-10-2010 16:34

tomregev
Except one of the developers hinted heavily it was due to community backlash.

spaceboy
Yeah, but I don't think the community backlash was just that she looked like a cheerleader.. it was at least partially that she looked like an ugly cheerleader scribbled on the screen by a 3 year old Grin .. Unless I'm mistaken (which I could very well be as I only really read the test realm complaints about it). Maybe my perceptions were just skewed due to my love of magic anime cheerleaders Grin

Jump to Forum