cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
spaceboy
Riot have really dropped the ball on the release of Swain... his passive and torment got nerfed/changed massively on release from what they are in the champion spotlight Frown .. the champion spotlight that already showed a champion who was considered underpowered on the test realm in the first place.

His passive now only gives a buff to base mana regen when you kill something.. doesn't even take runes into account.. so it's basically worthless past the early laning phase. Torment now doesn't do multiplicative damage depending on how much you front load (the whole fucking bulk of the champion spotlight!) but now just causes the champion to take more damage from Swain in general? I mean what the fuck is that shit? That's a totally different skill, and a massively boring one at that...although to be honest I kinda wanted the original idea to work on a team wide basis anyway (which woulda fitted the tactician element a bit better).. but you know, whatever.

I was totally gonna buy this guy, even though he sounded like he'd be a bitch to play.... but this just sounds so lacklustre I may save my ip and see if the next champ that comes along is more interesting. Or you know, I may not.. I'm pretty fickle like that Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 06-10-2010 03:46

Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

tomregev
I'd save it for now if I were you, the trip reports I've read about him are all pretty bad. My favorite is "as useless as Urgot but bad at laning".

But hey at least he's bugged so laser bird doesn't set off on death effects (Trynd ult, kog passive, guardian...).

Edited by tomregev on 06-10-2010 13:31

Cpt Obvious
LEARN THIS

http://b.imagehos.../wards.jpg

Rofl teh cake
who the fuck uses wards lolol

wolflordandy
Teemo cares not for wards.

Cpt Obvious
LEAKED NEXT PATCH NOTES:

http://www.reddit...ally_long/

TEEMO BUFFS i guess... but i dislike 30 sec cooldown on rank 1 mushroom.

tomregev
Rammus buffsGrin
cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/066/886/small/DealWithItRammus.png

spaceboy
Exciting patch notes! Grin Sivir and Gragas buffs! Yay Grin

An extra 10 sec cooldown on rank 1 mushroom is I guess annoying.... but the ability to plant 3 in 3 seconds in a team fight should be pretty badass and really make Teemo more useful I think.

Be fun to try out the new Eve Grin ... also I think Ryze might be significantly better with Rune Prison scaling off mana as well as Overload (Archangels plus RoA should be a good core build) and his slightly more survivable base stats.

Big AP ratio buffs for Swain too.. maybe he'll actually do some damage now Smile

tomregev
Chasing that fucker is going to be even more infuriating once he can rapidly drop mushrooms behind him.

Cpt Obvious
New Champion Approaching:

Lux, the lady of luminosity (Garens little sister)

She is a http://tvtropes.o...agicalGirl Grin

(Passive) Illumination: Lux's damaging spells illuminate the target for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack ignites the debuff, dealing 20-180 (depending Lux's level) magic damage to the target.

(Q) Binding Light - Lux releases a sphere of light That binds and deals damage (80/135/190/245/30 (+ AP * 0.75)) are up to two enemy units, dealing 50% of the effect is the 2nd unit struck .
Cooldown%uFF1A15/14.5/14/13.5/13
Manacost%uFF1A60/75/90/105/120
Range%uFF1A100

(W) Prismatic Wave - Fires a Prismatic Wave That bends the light around any friendly target it touches, stealthing Them for 3 seconds. In addition, Lux gains passive cooldown reduction(3/6/9/12/15%).
Cooldown%uFF1A21.5/20/18.5/17/15.5
Manacost%uFF1A100/100/100/100/100
Range%uFF1A1000

(E) Lucent Singularity - Fires an anomaly of twisted light to an area, Which slows (13/16.5/20/23.5/27%) nearby enemies. Lux can detonate it to damage(60/105/150/195/240(+AP*0.6)) enemies in the area of effect.
Cooldown%uFF1A21.5/20/18.5/17/15.5
Manacost%uFF1A100/100/100/100/100
Range%uFF1A1000

(R) Funkeln Finales - After gathering energy, Lux fires a laser pulse That deals damage (250/350/450 (+ AP * 0.9)) to all targets in the area.
Cooldown%uFF1A70/60/50 Cooldown: 70/60/50
Manacost%uFF1A100/150/200
Range%uFF1A3000

Video of skills: http://v.youku.co...0ODQw.html

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 09-10-2010 19:59

tomregev
She's pretty much a day one buy for me if she's not nerfed before release. I especially love the stealth- lane with garen, stealth him in a bush, he walks next to the squishy and starts spinning.

I really hate her design though, what is it with all the anime girls they keep releasing?

Cpt Obvious
All? This is the first one unless you count Ezreal.

tomregev
Sona?. Though I guess EZ counts as well.

Cpt Obvious
Sona just slightly looks like the vocaloid thingy and thats not even any anime. This new one is really stereotype magical girl with the model and moves.

spaceboy
She looks badass! In terms of skills anyway Grin AOE casters are super awesome fun! BLAMMO! .. not sold on the character design aesthetically, but I don't hate it THAT much Wink

wolflordandy
Not just aoe caster, but an aoe caster that can light up people for 6 seconds... bye bye cloakers!

(just been raped by twitch :/ )

Cpt Obvious
It seems we have to take turns on Lux when she arrives.
(man that sounds dirty)

Dibs on first to do Lux, you can have my sloppy seconds.
(sorry i cant stop now)

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 10-10-2010 01:38

Exxy

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Sona just slightly looks like the vocaloid thingy and thats not even any anime. This new one is really stereotype magical girl with the model and moves.

Sona has some influences in looks from FFX, but I think that is as close to animé about her as you'll get.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Rofl teh cake
Still, fuck that shit, I want more grimdark.

Exxy
So do I. I want more fire based characters aswell. Annie's just not good enough.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Jump to Forum