cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
League of Legends
Exxy
She looks like a mix of Jana and Seymour from Final Fantasy X.

I fukken lol'd
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Cpt Obvious
Miss Fortune era tierlist:

Tier 1: Kog'Maw, Amumu, Vladimir, Garen, Taric, Morgana, Ezreal, Shen
Tier 2: Tristana, Kennen, Annie, Kassadin, Kayle, Xin Zhao, Miss Fortune, Janna, Warwick, Udyr, Ashe, Olaf, Anivia, Nidalee, Shaco, Sion, Rammus, Pantheon, Nasus.
Tier 3: Veigar, Zilean, Poppy, Twitch, Corki, Heimerdinger, Galio, Gragas, Twisted Fate, Singed, Akali, Mordekaiser, Alistar, Yi, Nunu, Karthus.
Tier 4: Sivir, Fiddlesticks, Malphite, Ryze, Soraka, Blitzcrank, Gangplank.
Hard to place on a team: Jax, Katarina, Urgot, Eve, Teemo, Mal'zahar, Tryndamere, Cho'Gath, Mundo

Reasons to changes:

"-----* CHANGE LOG *-----*

Kog'Maw to tier 1 - Everyone knew this was coming I just didn't update for a while His auto attacks are the strongest and have the longest range in the game. With good support there's almost nothing you can do to stop this DPS machine.

Ez moved down in tier 1 - If you do the math he really didn't get hit as hard as people think. Q still procs red which is still INCREDIBLY strong. He's still an amazing champion and all good Ez's know this.

Vlad to tier 1 - His laning power, survivability, combined with the +% damage from his ulti and nuke at the end is just so good. He's a perfect caster carry providing consistent damage and utility to his team.

Morgana moved down in tier 1 - She's still fantastic just a couple champs out do her in terms of better competitive picks now.

Garen moved up in tier 1 - Still a boss, just had to move up as some people are below him now.

Sion moved down in tier 2 - YEAH I KNOW I LOST WITH HIM! Not the reason though. He requires a solo lane to be truly good and there are a lot of champions who solo better then him and can be more effective and helpful to your overall team comp. Still a really good champion just being out shined by others.

Sivir moved to tier 4 - She's really only better then other carries in a very specific kind of line up. Which is rare to see but when used can still be viable. She's a very unique pick is all and tier 2 was too high for her.

Kennen moved up in tier 2 - He deserved it. I still don't think he's a tier 1 pick but an amazing 2nd solo carry overall. Lots of damage and utility.

Kassasdin moved to tier 2 - He's one of the most feared champions when fed. He becomes almost unstoppable. He's like a AP Garen but takes a lot more skill and a lot more work to get farmed but when he does he's literally unstoppable. I underestimated him for a long time and I feel him being near the top of tier 2 is a good spot for him.

Trist moved to top if tier 2 - I learned a lot from WCG. I learned Trist is the 3rd best carry in the game imo. She farms so incredibly hard with amazing burst + range to poke and push insanely hard. She's a great carry and I underrated her for too long.

Kayle moved to tier 2 - She's still good but I feel the meta game has shifted a lot from heal comps and now that she has had some nerfs to her ulti and overall damage I feel she's not tier 1 worthy anymore. Still a great champion and can support / carry very well but just isn't tier 1 anymore.

Nasus moved down in tier 2 - Nothing has changed about him. Still good and all. I feel other champs are just beginning to push him down a bit is all.

Veigar moved to top of tier 3 - I believe I may have placed him too high. He's good but isn't a essential pick like the other champs in tier 1 and 2. He's really not a 1-3rd pick, more of a 4-5th pick. Just like Zil.

Zilean moved to tier 3 - I believe I may have placed him too high. He's good but isn't a essential pick like the other champs in tier 1 and 2. He's really not a 1-3rd pick, more of a 4-5th pick. Just like Veigar.

Xin moved up in tier 2 - Every time I see him played he does better and better. He can jungle, side lane, and take a solo lane and be effective and viable at all 3 of those things. He's an all around great champ.

Anivia moved to tier 2 - After playing her 6-7 times and watching some other players play her I really feel like I wasn't giving her the credit she deserved. She's defiantly a tier 2 champion it just takes a lot of skill to play her so it's hard to find good consistent Anivia's. When people play her to her fullest potential though she is quite the awesome along with fun champion.

Ashe moved up slightly in tier 2 - People moved below her. Nothing changed. Still a good pick.

Udyr moved down slightly in tier 2 - People moved above him. Nothing changed. Still a good pick.

Olaf moved to tier 2 - He's just as good as other junglers and it took me a while to really see and it believe it. Great DPS / Tank jungler and I underrated him.

Galio moved up in tier 3 - He's a good side lane tank who deserved to be pushed up a little bit. Im going to play him a lot more and really really understand why EU loves him so much. I think he's an alright tank but I don't see him out tanking the other tier 1 and 2 tanks. We'll have to see. Research time!

Corki to tier 3 - His buffs were great but I need to see more of him. Tier 3 for now.

Gangplank moved to tier 4 - He's soooo good at denying lanes early and zoning with a support champ. Then does nothing.. Literally nothing at all. Tier 4 because he's a unique roll that's really not good for anything else.

Fiddlesticks moved up in tier 4 - He's not as bad at the others in tier 4!

Katarina moved to hard to place on a team - She is easily equaled in laning. She really doesn't have early game dominance anymore I feel. A lot of champions have caught up with her in terms of blinking around and taking her kinda in and out harass role and doing it better then she does. The majority of her damage is stopped by a single stun / interrupt making her almost useless in a team fight. She just doesn't cut it anymore and I don't see her ever being taken in competitive play or any caster or physical carry. Everyone just does it better then her.

Jax moved to hard to place on a team - He used to be the king but I don't see him ever being picked in competitive play either. There's better solo's, junglers, and better side lane melee champions then him. He just doesn't cut it.

Malz reason for not moving - Because he's still the same.. I would still never ever ever take him over any other caster. They all offer more then he does. He got buffs yes.. They didn't help though. Q still sucks for poking and harassing in lane and his ulti is interrupted in a team fight easily as well. I still don't see anyone playing Malz at a high level and I still don't feel he is good enough for competitive play.

Mundo's reason for not moving - He did get a bunch of buffs as well and can still be quite viable in solo queue if he farms well. I just don't see him being picked over any other jungler in the game is all. All other junglers offer more in terms of CC and team utility where he really only offers a lot of buffs to himself. Which is great in solo queue but in terms of drafting a competitive team. I don't see Mundo ever being picked.

Finally! Miss Fortune to tier 2 - Great farmer, great auto attacks, great mobility, and a great team fight ulti. She seems really fun and an overall great champion but she's too new for me to fully access her. In a week or so I'll prolly change my opinion on her. For now she goes in tier 2 as a good strong pick.

Kog'maw the best champion in the game, and im not shocked at all...

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 14-09-2010 18:07

spaceboy
Anticipating strong disagreement from Tom in 3...2...1... Grin
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Masson
and anticipating a big reply from Spaceboy in 10...9...8...7..... Wink

Cpt Obvious
If tom disagrees, he needs to start playing ad kog.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 14-09-2010 21:28

Cpt Obvious
New items:

- New Item: Kindlegem
- Recipe consists of Ruby Crystal + 425G.
- 200 Health
- UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 10%

- New Item: Shurelya's Firecrest
- Recipe consists of Kindlegem + Philosopher's Stone + 500G.
- 330 Health
- 25 Health Regen per 5 sec
- 12 Mana Regen per 5 sec
- UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 15%
- UNIQUE Active: Nearby champions gain 40% movement speed for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown)

Philo stone finally useful for something. Looks like i found a replacement for soul shroud for supportplank set.

tomregev

Spaceboy wrote:
Anticipating strong disagreement from Tom in 3...2...1... Grin

I stopped giving a fuck after the last one. I'll just wrap everything up by saying AP Yi still sucksGrin.

Edited by tomregev on 17-09-2010 03:38

spaceboy
Curse you Tom! AP Yi will have his revenge! Roll

Raven
Grin This game is pretty sick add me BishBashBoshDosh Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Cpt Obvious
Finally Raven

Raven

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Finally Raven

Grin

Im enjoying using jenna atm although i dont know what the ideal item setup is for her i just use recommended equipment Drunk

Rofl teh cake
The recommended equipment ism't a bad choice (anymore), but I'd read guides if you want some good help. leaguecraft.com is a great page Smile

Raven
Screw master Yi overpowered....

Also someone give a quick run down of masteries havent spend any points yet

Cpt Obvious
uh just mouseover them, nothing much to tell about them.
At low levels just pick the masteries for the summoner spells you use.

AND DO NOT USE REVIVE

wolflordandy
Masteries are totally refundable for free constantly mate, so it depends on what champ as it if you want attack/defence/utility. Do what makes sence for the champ you play. Attack speed/crits for phyiscal, AP for casters, armour/magic resist for tanks, or go full utility as it helps with all champs.

Also, Yi can be easily countered with a blind/exhaust, then just burn him down Grin

Stick to Recommended items for now, but play games with other ci guys and I'm sure they'll give good on the fly advice for items depending on who you're playing as.

For runes DO NOT buy any until you hit summoner level 20 (tier 3 runes), otherwise its a wast of money.

spaceboy
You'll probably find your opinion of who's overpowered changes a lot as you level up Grin Yi gets extremely difficult to play at higher levels as any blind/stun/root/snare/etc is basically a death sentence.

The most striking example of this is Eve who can feel totally broken when you're just starting out (I mean she's invisible.. suddenly appears to stun you and then kills you before you can move?!) but when people learn to counter her (with vision wards/oracles/tower hugging) she is arguably the worst champion in the game Grin

Cpt Obvious
I just had a game with leavers that was fun.
2 people in the enemy team had dc/ragequit not sure, then people just started to have fun while waiting for 25min mark.

We played "find the ward" where we got oracles and went to look for wards the enemies put in jungle.

Then we did nashor with all of us. 8 people at levels 9-12 pounding on nashor and taking turns in running away to avoid death. Was hard when we could not use aoe to avoid "friendly fire" Grin

Then to finish it we had a one minute dance party before the clock hit 25.

Never had so much fun in a "bad game".

Rofl teh cake
shame that on every decent person, there are 100 idiots in random queue, you've had some very good luck there Smile

Raven
Awesome obvious wish it went like that with peeps i come across Grin

Working on utility tree at the moment handy for jenna, still havent tried other champions yet still handy to be olaf Grin

Cpt Obvious
best to just edit the tree depending on who you play as

Jump to Forum