upcoming changes
nax23
woot !!!

Fixed a crash caused by alt-tabs during map load

Megalomania
That tag thing is cool.
img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

NaughtyMe
This is great - but at the same time - noooooooooooooo, not on Valentines day. My wife will kill me if I start playing too early tonight. Us men are so shallow.

nax23
harrrr thats the only positive thing when u dont have a gf anymoreDevil
no more valentine!!

agrippa
i listened to the PC gamer podcast 'casue it has some information on teh gamplay updates. Two thing that were mentioned were about the unlocks, as far as i can tell they were possiblites that the valve team spoke of::

Engineer unlock coudl be that an engie can put two turrets down but cant upgrade either fo them to the top level.

spy will be able to fire blanks while in disguise.

The contexts of both of these were in the unlock system and also the podcast gave the strong impression that these were very strong posiblities. Equally they were also talking about the meet the pyromovie, apparently we are going to find out the pyros gender.

(there is a debate saying the pyro is a lady, see the SS of the purse in his/her locker http://www.screenshots.cc/view_image/...593161.jpg)

NaughtyMe

AgrippA wrote:
...clip

Equally they were also talking about the meet the pyromovie, apparently we are going to find out the pyros gender.

(there is a debate saying the pyro is a lady, see the SS of the purse in his/her locker http://www.screenshots.cc/view_image/...593161.jpg)

Except that if you use GFSCape and extract the model information, the model is listed as "male" for all characters.

Also extracting the sounds for the Pyro - they are all "basey" sounding and masculine.

Say

AgrippA wrote:

*snigger*

AgrippA wrote:
we are going to find out the pyros gender.

come on ... you know it's me! (although my wallet doesn't look like that)

Edited by Say on 14-02-2008 12:53

sick-lizard
finarr finarr

agrippa

Say wrote:

AgrippA wrote:

*snigger*

of all the people who was going to have a giggle over that i KNEW say would be among the first.

FuZz
We all knew it anyway Ed, didn't need Valve to confirm it for us...muahahah Grin
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Say

AgrippA wrote:

Say wrote:

*snigger*

of all the people who was going to have a giggle over that i KNEW say would be among the first.

who me?

Scandalous!

Tinger
Added flamethrower "sizzle" sound when the Pyro is hitting a target

mmmm anyone smell bacon

sick-lizard
mmm bacon..

Zap

Added a new access point to the stage2 attacker gates (drop-down left from spawn), allowing attackers a way to reach the left route without being subjected to the spam and sentry gun fire

I was wondering when they would do something about that Smile
img237.imageshack.us/img237/7803/scoutbombcopygw0.jpg

Tim

Zap wrote:

Added a new access point to the stage2 attacker gates (drop-down left from spawn), allowing attackers a way to reach the left route without being subjected to the spam and sentry gun fire

I was wondering when they would do something about that Smile

Yeah I agree, should be a really good change.

Megalomania
Perhaps tonight will be the last time we'll be able to have a demo-grinder on dust2.
img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

Abunai
Sad
TFC demogrinders were the best
Detpack insta killz
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

FuZz
I really hope the demos get unlockable detpacks, that would be so awesome. Especially if they actually gave them a use. They would need to be the same as before though, 1 per death, and you can't "restock" on detpacks from ammo bags.

Like rock2 on TFC, you could open up and extra entrance into the enemy base if you could sneak a demo with a detpack into their tunnels, then the enemy demos could use their detpacks to reseal it.

I used to love how you could bind a key to different detpack timers for anything from 5 second fuse to 45. Great for catching people offguard, and massive blast radius Grin

Edited by FuZz on 15-02-2008 11:13

Zap
just found this, according to PCGamer's UK edition "There will be another Medic ray and a new bonesaw and syringe gun."

plus the overhealer cannot do ubers after all
img237.imageshack.us/img237/7803/scoutbombcopygw0.jpg

FuZz
Yeah, from what I read the 2 diferent medguns will basically be that one of them charges peoples' HP to to 200% (as opposed to the current 150%), but does not have the ability to uber, and the other will charge much faster than the current medgun, but will not overheal.

Sounds interesting, makes playing medic a fair bit more tactical and situational.

Jump to Forum