cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Battlefield 3
Undead2k
I wish I had the time to play this. Looks bloody amazing. Sad
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Fens
It's here! Username is Fens0r (I hate that people have already taken 'Fens' & 'Fensy' as origin id's yet they don't have any bf3 soldiers under those names, the system is shit) Loving it so far, can't wait for the 'Back to Karkand' maps, they were all awesome BF2 maps and will work well with 64 players...unlike some of the current ones.

What Naughty said, it runs fine on a quad + decent mid range card on high settings and no AA, though if you want to play on ultra or use AA then it needs a beast of a machine!
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/userbar1/pc/Fens.png

Cpt Obvious
First impression is a pile of shit. Server browser is retarded, have to turn off firewall to host coop and the entire game starts shaking and slowing down whenever i turn around when moving. Apparently some bugs with DirectX or something.

Thank god i did not pay for this.

edit: gotta wait for some patch to even have the game playable, ill see after that.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 30-10-2011 12:16

NaughtyMe

Cpt Obvious wrote:
First impression is a pile of shit. Server browser is retarded, have to turn off firewall to host coop and the entire game starts shaking and slowing down whenever i turn around when moving. Apparently some bugs with DirectX or something.

Thank god i did not pay for this.

edit: gotta wait for some patch to even have the game playable, ill see after that.

Ok.

Server browser is fine, it's actually pretty good and gives you all the info you need, including stats and whatever.

No idea why you have to turn off your firewall, why don't you just "allow" incoming connections.

Post your specs, what directx bugs?

I'm on i5 2500k and an HD5850 and I have no problems - apart from the weird occasional server crash and and a couple of soft-crashes.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Radoo
I found the postal notice at my door. Tomorrow is the day... when I'll see if it's playable even at 320x240 on my ancient rig (P D950, 8800GTS 640, 4Gb RAM, Vista 32bit) Giggle If not, then it's time for a major upgrade (I'm not totally convinced to spend about 1000 pounds on a (very) good PC upgrade - MB, CPU, RAM, PSU, VC, SSD).

wolflordandy
Server browser is actually better then any other ingame browser i've had the displeasure of using, it makes jumping in and out of games much much easier. Only bug i'm having issue with is the occational Black screen when loading a new map, which I can just close the game, and reopen it, and I'm back in and loading in 5 seconds so no biggy.

I honestly don't understand what game you were playing Obvious.

Radoo
Morning, I got the game from the mail post office. Installing right now, too bad today isn't Saturday...

Edit:
Hi from work! I have a small break so I thought to tell you about the short experience with the game.

I played the first short mission of the single player 1280x1024, almost everything on low. I think I had about 20 fps, but it worked (I thought it would be worse than that). Giggle

After that, I tried to play the multiplayer. Impossible. I always get the DirectX exception Obvious is speaking of. It seems that I don't have enough video RAM, even though 640MB > 512MB. I guess they have a memory leak in the game, where you change your costumes, and weapons (at least that far I went). I've installed the latest nvidia drivers, still the same. I will try some more tweaking when I'll get back home in the evening.

Edit:
After a couple of crashes, I was able to play a few games. Rock

Edited by Radoo on 01-11-2011 20:00

Radoo
Free Dog Tags here, after the movie: http://actofvalor.com/bf3/

wolflordandy
Open to US and Canada only it says :/

NaughtyMe

wolflordandy wrote:
Open to US and Canada only it says :/

Didn't stop me.
click->

wolflordandy
I did it all then when I logged in it wouldn't give me the tags :/

NaughtyMe

wolflordandy wrote:
I did it all then when I logged in it wouldn't give me the tags :/

It's because I am a real Canadian...
click->

Radoo
Prove it. Send me some original maple sirup! Smile

Anyways, now it's time for Cpt. Obvious to thank me for the next discovery.

Last night I was trying to play BF3, and, again, I got the DirectX error. So I did a bit of research on the web (after I put that browser Chinese - guess - client-services to the wall). BF3 requires a lot of memory. Even more that 3 Gigs I have on Win Vista 32bit, that's total memory, as I was having the swap file disabled. So, the fix for the game is to make up more memory for the OS virtual memory. So I enabled the swap file with a fixed size 3072 MB. I hadn't had any new crashes since, just slowdowns from the fact the HDD is used as memory. So I guess there's a definitely a small memory leak in the game (because the error happens randomly), and the DirectX error message is unrelated to your video card memory size, but the good news is that it can be fixed with some additional RAM or with a swap file.

Edited by Radoo on 11-11-2011 08:47

Jump to Forum