cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Ci Now Has A L4D Server
Mr Waffles
I've installed another 5 map custom campaign called Heaven Can Wait, so if you're interested in playing it then download and enjoy on the Ci server.Grin I've tried the first level and it's odd how you don't even start off with an uzi, shotgun or a medkit; you just have a dual pistol. You have to find the medkits and guns further in the first level.
http://www.l4dmap...p?file=177

Edited by Mr Waffles on 21-09-2009 11:18

Raven
oooh nice choice this is a well done map Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mike
Have they fixed the sky lag on that campaign yet? I got horrible framerates from that.

I remember that campaign being very long and tedious. Is this the one that has never-ending car alarms?

Raven
Yeah its the one with the car alarms Rock

Mr Waffles
Wow Heaven Can Wait lags my server a lot. When the crescendo event triggers in the graveyard on map 2 or the infinite horde car alarms in the parking lot of map 3, then everyone on my server gets a high ping. The 100 car alarms in the parking lot is a REAL panic event Shockbecause the horde keeps respawning so you're forced to move; sorta like the rolling crescendo of Dead City map 4, which is a good thing instead of the usual camp fest.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 22-09-2009 21:36

BiGFooT
Hah, the parking lot was awesome. As you said, it would be impossible on the expert. Just a shame about low fps in the apartments.

Anyways, best 3rd party map I played so far.

Mr Waffles
I've installed Ydiss' ProMaps on the Ci server. This mod blocks all common closet camping areas such as then NM2 pipes near the generator crescendo, closet near the NM4 elevator, DA3 pipes etc, etc. In addtion, this mod removes the Assault rifle and Assault Shotgun from the start of NM4 and NM5 whilst the Hunting Rifle still spawns, you now have to find the AS and AR. Also BH4 was an easy rush map so now the length of it has been increased with the common routes blocked off. Line of Sight blockers are added such as buses which allow the Infected to spawn behind.

Remember how the VS tank is given AI control for its first 5 seconds of its life where it can lead it being pre mollied or running in front of the minigun etc before being given to a player? Well now it doesn't do that so your tank doesn't get annoying lit up before you get control of it.Grin

tomregev
It was pretty awesome, the no medkit thing in particular, removing the M4 and auto shotgun from NM4 is a good idea but if you get a tank right at the start like we did you're completely fucked.

Also the camping spot near the window in the lobby on NM4 floor 2 is alive and well.

Line of Sight blockers are added such as buses which allow the Infected to spawn behind

Neat, I hate the early levels on BH, can never spawn in a decent spot, especially as a boomer.

Remember how the VS tank is given AI control for its first 5 seconds of its life where it can lead it being pre mollied or running in front of the minigun etc before being given to a player? Well now it doesn't do that so your tank doesn't get annoying lit up before you get control of it

Didn't know it does that, probably one of the best changes.

Edited by tomregev on 26-09-2009 23:08

Raven
The no random medkits definately made it a much greater experience than rage from random medkits.

The promod is definately awesome tom sums it up nicely however the window camping spot is a bit Sad

Cpt Obvious
Seemed nice the promod, shame my first game had to be on the same team with some wannabe pro players who assume everyone lives and breathes to get a perfect score.
Whining and bitching when you attacked 1 second after their orders and ofc when me and funky didn't have mic... oh brother.

Next friendmatch = ci only please.

Undead2k
The promod was fun to play. It has some interesting features like the removing of some of the T2 weapons in later levels. That really threw me because I wasn't expecting it.

The camping issues will always be in the game unfortunately. Though the spot Tom mentions was pretty horrible and considering we had our tank later, there wasn't much we could do.

And speaking about the tank, the new changes are perfect. No more stupid AI tank messing it all up for the start. Now someone just needs to make a mod to allow humans to climb ledges with the tank like the AI can Grin

I can't wait to play some of the other VS campaigns to see what other changes have been made :3

sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

tomregev

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Seemed nice the promod, shame my first game had to be on the same team with some wannabe pro players who assume everyone lives and breathes to get a perfect score.

I was wondering why you camped the hell out of every encounter even though the scores were neck in neck, figures.

Mr Waffles
I played Crash Couse on campaign with Mike and has waaay too many weapons, pills and throwable spawns. We found 7 pistols on the first level and about 3 or 4 T2 weapon spawns. I like the 2 map campaign especially how the generator on the finale cuts out and requires you too stay and press the button which should stop the survivors from camping in their corner throughtout the finale.

But If CC versus has that many item spawns then it's going to hard to play as infected especially the boomer.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 30-09-2009 10:46

tomregev
Yeah but since it's official there will probably be a pro mod update for it.

Cpt Obvious
aww goddamn internet died for a day, missed crash course arrival.

Mike
To force connect to a server it's now mm_dedicated_force_servers. You can enter multiple servers into it by separating them with a comma.

So for waffles server it's: mm_dedicated_force_servers "85.234.148.10:27145"

Cpt Obvious
wow cant wait to play this.
http://www.l4dmod...&Itemid=13

Looks too good to be true...

Raven
So all that runs through L4d in a mod? blimey Shock

Undead2k
I was going to post something regarding Cold Case but forgot Pfft

http://www.moddb..../cold-case

The above has videos and all sorts as well Pfft

It does look amazing. There is so much untapped potential in L4D still. Pfft
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Mike
After looking at a few of their videos, they've stolen so much work from other peoples maps. I can see Dr Kleiners lab, THE WHOLE OF NOVA PROSPEKT and there's a few CS: S map areas in there as well, everything's just been retextured and had a few props removed.

Hmm, I wonder how many areas of these "36 maps" they made themselves?

Edited by Mike on 10-10-2009 11:33

Jump to Forum