cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Pimp My Mousemat!
Sammage
MX518 rules as a mouse, and is really cheap. I'm using a roccat kone atm as an impulse buy and it's very swanky, it feels very nice and you can crank the dpi up and turn in-game sensitivity down for smoother turning.

As for mousemats, might I suggest a chopping board? You can buy a chopping board for a few quid that does as good a job as a 25 quid mousemat, with an added bonus that when you're done with it, you can use it as an actual chopping board. They all have nice granulated surfaces, movement is very smooth on them (unless you've actually used it as a chopping board already), the only challenge is finding one the right size/weight and preferably without a handle or edges.

gori11a
Oh wow i use the same mouse as SamageRock
Only i have half the skillCry
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Rofl teh cake
Cos you don't have a chopping board... this must be the secret in his scouting.

spaceboy
You're Kone-Buddies!!! Grin .... that sounds vaguely obscene! Grin

dr_icecream

Spaceboy wrote:
You're Kone-Buddies!!! Grin .... that sounds vaguely obscene! Grin

Somehow I find that kind of shocking indeed o_O

spaceboy
I has a new mouse! My G9 turned up today Grin

On the upside it's a nicer shape than the diamondback for my hand, and it seems nice and smooth (there's a lot more teflon on the bottom than the tiny little feet on the diamondback), so far the tracking seems pretty great with the increased dpi and polling (although I've only set it to 500hz as for some reason it was only spiking intermittently above this when I set it to 1000hz). So far it hasn't had any problems bugging out when there's a teeny shine of sweat on the pad either (which is good as it's the reason I decided to make a change in the first place).

On the downside the mouse wheel and buttons in general don't feel as solid and well made as the ones on the diamondback (I particularly liked the rubberised finish to the buttons on that, while the G9 just has slick plastic ones). Also mouse 3 (pushing down the mouse wheel) is REALLY stiff on this so as to make it very hard to use without accidentally scrolling the wheel a few notches... hopefully that'll loosen up.

All in all though I am currently happy! Also I have decided to lower my sensitivity a bit too as it seemed an opportune time as I'm gonna be acclimatising to a new mouse anyway Smile

NoBrain
My mouse Smile
Razer Mantis control: just for the xl size Smile
My new toy Grin

matswatz wrote:
The only thing you need 5000dpi for in fps games is to play helicopter.

For BF2 i used
that

alecom

http://www.n52te.com/

wtf O____________O

Solo

Spaceboy wrote:Also mouse 3 (pushing down the mouse wheel) is REALLY stiff on this so as to make it very hard to use without accidentally scrolling the wheel a few notches... hopefully that'll loosen up.

Yeah, my mouse 3 on the G5 is pretty much impossible to press without it scrolling. i basically don't use it as a result.

Radoo
I bought last week the SteelSeries QcK Wrath of the Lich King mousepad. It's great. Smile
www.electrofun.ro/ef-photos/products/640/65401_24344.jpg

Edited by Radoo on 12-09-2009 16:11

Jump to Forum