cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Upcoming Games
Cpt Obvious
Aion online is on open beta it seems. Gonna dl it tonight.

Mr G
aww man I was so looking forward to resident evil 5 but my god they made a shooter where half the battle is being able to fight the controls to aim rather than skill at aiming very disappointed.

Now a welcome surpise was Batman arkham asylum its very pleasing to play and a great feel to it graphic wise and a good sense of humor as well.

some nice little side addon games. like the extra staged fight scenes and sneaky missons for leaderboard points scoring this might be in for game of the year.

Slim The Chameleon
All the ones listed i'm looking forwards to, But for me MW2 is my number one. Can't wait for that! Grin

Rofl teh cake
Resident Evil 5 is very meh. As Mr G said, it has become a shooter, survival horror is no where to be seen. Especially the horror part is missing, ammo is avaible in big amounts, also medkits and the likes.
Also, a shame that my version has something broken with the save file thing, so can't save.

Mr G

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Resident Evil 5 is very meh. As Mr G said, it has become a shooter, survival horror is no where to be seen. Especially the horror part is missing, ammo is avaible in big amounts, also medkits and the likes.
Also, a shame that my version has something broken with the save file thing, so can't save.

Make a offine windows live account ingame, then you can save.

Edited by Mr G on 15-09-2009 18:43

Rofl teh cake
I already did, its called Player 1, so default name. But it still says "Failed to save game". meh Frown

Mr G
created by pressing Home key and offline account only, also need to sign in when you launch the game again by pressing Home and click the offline account.

Devilz Slave
My number one is definetly Diablo3, but HL2:E3 is on my list aswell (and starcraft 2, but don't really know if I'll buy it...)

Mike
Just got RE5 today. Yeah, it's not really a horror anymore, but I still find it quite fun.

First off, yeah controls aren't that good, but they're not really awful. They took me about an hour or so to get used to. Although the excessive use of shift made my finger go numb after a while.

Graphics are great. Optimization is great. Models and animations are great. The backpack doesn't really bother me that much, it's more of a challenge than the RE4 pack.

Sheva's AI is is kinda mixed. Most of the time she'll be alright, being self aware and aiming quite well. There are a few moments where she's NOT that aware. Such as staring blankly at a shrub whilst the horde is setting me on fire. Oh, and she seems to be unable to part with her pistol. I'll give her a shotgun and plenty of shells, but even in big crowds she seems to prefer using her pistol. Now I just use her to carry meds and I get all the big guns. [small]Nice tits, too.[/small]

Raven
Theres a way of setting shieva to either offensive or defensive (reserve) which alters which gun she uses Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Rofl teh cake
Yeah but even that's horribly unbalanced. When put on attack, she takes her strongest weapon and fires like the fist of the northern star, way too offensive. I remember her firing a whole magazine of an MP3 (respectively 90 bullets in this game) without hitting shit. I wtf'd. When put on cover she is way too defensively, taking her pistol and slowly firing one bullet after another. The only good thing about her is that she can dodge the enemy very well, when I was in the pond with the crocodiles, I simply ran away from them and she did the same, without getting hurt.
But anyways, I prefer Ashley over Sheva. Even if she couldn't fire or do anything useful, she was at least doing nothing wrong imo.

But about the game in general, I really enjoyed the graphics. I had everything crunked up, even AA, and still got a 60+ framerate, thumbs up for that, the game can be really considered eye candy. Also, the controls were a little bit hard to get used to, because I used to play 4 on the PS2, which was mad fun, but after you get it, there is no problem. I can see myself having LOTS of fun with this game when playing Coop with mumble. hamachi anyone? Grin

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 16-09-2009 13:06

Raven
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/20...mystry.ars

"It looks like the speculation can finally come to an end; Blizzard has made it clear that we will in fact see two big releases in 2010... and unfortunately one of them is not Diablo 3. That's right, the game will be coming in 2011, or later."

Cry
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev
I wonder if those 2 releases will turn up to be 2 starcraft campaigns.

Masson
SC2 and WoW expansion?

Cpt Obvious
Would be boring since both of those already announced.

Mike
Preordered Natural Selection 2, I'm a happy cat.

icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-happy-face-kitten-box.jpg

wolflordandy
PLANETSIDE 2!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CLICK!

They've got a survey up asking what we want in PS2, hopefully it will mostly say "no BFRs" but even a graphically updated and more stable PS would be awesome Grin

Edited by wolflordandy on 26-09-2009 17:04

gori11a
Modern Warfare 2 PC pre-order from Ebuyer for £32.99 inc VAT
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/174169
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Mike
From the guy who made Counterstrike: Tactical Intervention

It's pretty much Counter Strike 2.

Mr G
borderlands , some amusing stuff Smile
http://uk.xbox360...90809.html
http://uk.xbox360...92409.html

Edited by Mr G on 02-10-2009 19:25

Jump to Forum